Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Ha..was waiting for that response from one of our LI teachers.......academia...most are HS GYM teachers.....get over yourself. HS teachers work half a day for half a year. Please tell me, with your extensive academic knowledge what job is there other than a LI teacher that works half a day/half a year and is paid as a full time employee. Nobody stated that they should coach for free but to try and sell the long/tedious hours thing is silly. Away from family coaching???? cmon...then don't coach.

I'll take my 1/2 a day PE job making 6 figures plus a pension when I retire at 55 and move to Florida and live in the house that coaching is paying for....at the end of the day, no coach wants to lose, but we work with what we have got. Whoever lives in the town and wants to play we coach. With all of the other bs that you non-parenting parents allow your kids to do (heroin for example) I don't mind being the person motivating your kid to do something positive with their lives. For the record, 1 team in each conference finishes their season with a win....someone has to lose. But losing in lacrosse is a lot better than losing in life.

Amen to that. You play the hand you are delt. Some years it's feast others it's famine. As a high school coach you can't pick and choose your players or the parents. There is so much more to deal with as a coach especially on Long Island when it comes to lacrosse. There are so many sideline critics and Monday morning quterbacks it's insane. Not all towns are created equal when it comes to lacrosse talent and the talent pool does change. It may not change that drastically in some towns but they all have up and down years.