Originally Posted by Anonymous
Elite teams that play grade based lacrosse are not on a level playing field. If you can put a player that should be in the 11th grade on the field with on age 9th graders - that is a HUGE advantage. Happens all the time in Maryland. Crabs, FCA, etc. thrive off it.

So now we have moved on from the holdback law to the double holdback theory. Sure, Scrooge, Jason, and Freddy Kruger all held their kids back twice. I am sure that they were all willing to pay two additional years of "elite" school tuition - in Maryland, no doubt - given all of the residual checks they have coming in.

Can we just stop with the holdback nonsense? Let this Maryland forum remain pure of lacrosse heart, a place where we talk scores, strategy, and game play. A place where us enthusiasts can go to escape the incessant whining we see over in the grade based forum. Okay, this may be too big of an ask, so can we just dispense with the crying and complaining?

My boy only cares about wins and losses. He has never come to me complaining about the age or size of his opponents. He has, however, asked me how he should play a particular situation or player who is much bigger than he is because he simply wants to do well on the field. He wants to compete, win and learn like all of your kids, but you all want to come on here and whine about how tough the lacrosse world is for Little Freddy. Please just stop it!! Help your kid be the best that he can be in any on field situation and shut up about the rest. I hope that the most of are as sick of this !@#$ as I am. Stop making excuses for why your child can't see the field and help him develop. Learn the game so that your able to assist him. Get up a 5am and workout with him. Do what you need to do, but please go back to the 2022 forum if you want to whine.