Joe Spallina Named Speaker at US Lacrosse National Convention

Coach of MLL’s Long Island Lizards and Stony Brook University women to host two clinics Jan. 12 in Philadelphia

US Lacrosse has named Joe Spallina, head coach of Major League Lacrosse’s Long Island Lizards and of the Stony Brook University women’s team, a speaker at the US Lacrosse National Convention, presented by Champion. Spallina will join roughly 150 of the sport’s best coaches, officials and administrators as presenters at the lacrosse world’s largest professional development event Jan. 11-13, 2013, at the Pennsylvania Convention Center in Philadelphia.

Spallina will host a clinic for boys’ lacrosse coaches entitled “Creating the Complete Player” at 9:30 a.m. Jan. 12 on the Maverik/Cascade Demo Field. He’ll follow that up with a session for girls’ lacrosse coaches entitled “Transition Offense” at 5:30 p.m. Jan. 12 on the STX Live Field.

“Joe ranks among the more talented young coaches in lacrosse with the knowledge and skills to coach in the men’s game and in the women’s game, and we’re excited to have him speak at our convention,” said Beth Porreca, director of special events at US Lacrosse. “US Lacrosse is very much focused on improving the lacrosse experience for young players by providing training and certification for coaches, and Joe will be a big part of that knowledge base at the convention. We’re looking forward to hearing his ideas and tips.”

“Helping to grow the game is a big goal of mine, and speaking at the US Lacrosse National Convention is a tremendous opportunity to do so,” Spallina said. “The convention is a great way for lacrosse coaches of all levels of play to kick off the season. It’s an honor for me to join an impressive lineup of speakers. I’m looking forward to seeing some old friends and making some new ones.”