Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I do not understand why a SA kid is repeating a grade. If he was failing, how was he able to stay at SA? I thought, and I could be wrong, that if you don't pass, they send you back to public school. Did they make him repeat 10th grade at SA and not send him back to public so they could keep him on the team?

I thought I saw another post (maybe in the Boys HS forum) where someone corrected the record to say he did not repeat 10th grade at St A, but that he attended 9th grade in public, repeated 9th at St A,, and then progressed through his next three years at St A as appropriate.

brought from Boys HS site>

Let me get this straight ... this player finished 7th grade and the following school year went to 9th grade in Saint Anthony's. Finished 9th grade and went on to 10th grade. So at this point this player repeats 10th grade, which would now bring him back in the grade he should have been in and continues on that track to this year's graduation. Understood he played all 5 years in but there are plenty of long island players who play varsity in 8th grade and will end up playing 5 years of high school ball. He seems to be of age for a varsity player...not a hold back....plus he skipped 8th grade. Lets move on!!!