Originally Posted by Anonymous
Read the box at the bottom, they changed it. Straight from the site. "Born on or after 9/1/1996, eligible for U15

U15 Regional Championship
All current US Lacrosse members who meet the age requirements are eligible to compete in the U15 Regional Championship. Players may not be 15 years of age on or before August 31, 2011 to be eligible for the 2012 US Lacrosse U15 Regional Championship. Accordingly, players that turn 15 after August 31, 2011 are eligible. Regardless of age, players that have competed at the high school level are allowed to participate; however, if a player’s high school season is still in play at the time of the event, that player is not allowed to participate in the U15 Regional Championship.

In an attempt to reduce burnout and overuse injuries, the 2012 US Lacrosse Youth Rules will state that, while high school players may be eligible for U15 competition, they should not do so concurrently with or in the same season as playing on a high school team. Players who compete on a high school team during the spring season, but meet the age requirements for U15 play, can compete on a U15 summer team. US Lacrosse does not have the ability to monitor and/or enforce this rule, but will rely on local organizers to ensure that excessive demands are not being placed on their athletes.

Birthdate

Status

Born on or after 9/1/1996

Eligible for U15

Look at it again, doesnt say that anywhere. Post the link. Common sense, if a kid is born in Octbober 1996 he would be 16. I know my math must be rusty but 16 is not U-15 now is it. Read the previous post that was cut and pasted directly from the US Lacrosse website. I looked at the website and it doesnt say anything about 1996. Nice try though.

Express Terps have several kids that are on the older side of the guidelines. kids, Its not a debate, its a fact. That being said, good luck to them, worry about your own kids.