NOTE: All of the money goes to support student activities and classroom projects @ Bethpage SD.

The Battle at Bethpage is back! This year’s NCAA Men’s Lacrosse game will feature the Duke Blue Devils vs. the Boston University Terriers on Sunday May 7th at 1PM at the Athletic Complex at Bethpage High School in Bethpage, New [lacrosse].

For the Blue Devils, this will be a return event to Bethpage where they faced the Denver Pioneers in 2011. “We are excited to return to the Battle at Bethpage this year for a great game against a fantastic team in Boston University. Returning to Long Island is coming home for myself and many of our players and we love the warm welcome we always get when we come back. This year is especially close to my heart with the game raising money to support both the Bethpage Educational Foundation where my daughter Kate is a teacher and the Daler Educational Foundation which I’m proud to say she helped to found. It will be a great weekend all around.”

Coach Brian Polley of the Terriers is looking forward to playing on Long Island. “"We are excited to travel to Long Island to compete against one of the top lacrosse programs in the country. It will be a chance for us to showcase our new program in a lacrosse hotbed in front of family, friends, and recruits. It should be a terrific game against Duke and we are thankful to be included in such a high-profile event."

This is the fifth Battle at Bethpage with past teams including Duke, Denver, Georgetown, UMass, Drexel, St. John’s, Princeton and Cornell. Proceeds support educational programs in both the Bethpage and Farmingdale public schools. “We have been able to support all kinds of innovative projects over the years for the students in our schools. We have purchased technology, supported field trips and provided mini-grants in the STEM field for teachers,” said James McGlynn, an officer of the Bethpage Educational Foundation.

“Long Island has long been known as a stronghold for lacrosse, and here in the Town of Oyster Bay, we are proud to partner with the Bethpage Educational Foundation and the Daler Educational Foundation and bring to our facilities these high level collegiate lacrosse contests,” Oyster Bay Town Supervisor Joseph S. Saladino said. “Boston University and Duke are both outstanding academic institutions that also feature some of the nation’s finest athletes. This is sure to be a great game between collegiate powers, and I believe that seeing these premiere teams in action will help the Town’s young lacrosse players aspire to further their education through athletics.”

Tickets are available for purchase by calling the Bethpage School District at 516-644-4005. Tickets are $10 for adults and $5 for kids 12 and under. Bethpage is anticipating a sold out event, so tickets must be purchased in advance