Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Jjmmagoo
Well, I am going to take my time. My son has skills but needs to learn the game. I don't think placing him on an elite team and riding the bench is going to help. He needs some confidence. After a week of researching and asking some friends there opinions I am leaning towards Team Recon. If he starts to hit his stride and if it takes a year or two I will see where we are at. Like professional sport teams there is fluctuations and what is an "elite" team today might be middle of the pack in a year or two. Not hoping for that of course. Lacrosse is growing especially on Long Island. I just want to see my son play and improve. If anyone has an opinion please let me know what you think. Thank you everyone for your help.

Recon is about the only program I am aware of who has open spots AND has announced same so that they could fill those spots. I suspect there are other programs that might have holes, but they don't seem to be overtly trying to fill them based upon the lack of communication. Recon's program is not bad - they try to instill the right values in the boys and teach the game - they may not usually break into the top tier talent wise for a full roster, but they've got some decent or better players here and there.

Pretty much what I am looking for. I think the other organizations are out of our league right now. I want him to learn the game. Have fun. I have heard wonderful things about all the programs. Also heard some negative things. This is our first travel team not including our local squad. So we shall see. I dont want him turned off. Hopefully this is a step in the right direction. Thank you for your insight!