My advice is more important than the program he is in, is the coach of the team. Try to find out who coaches,maybe you know people who have kids on the team, who played for that coach. If not, try to find people who did. The coach means everthing. I don't care so much what the coach did 20 years ago as a player. I care more than anything else, is he committed. If he coaches a lot of other teams, does he have time and motivation to coach my sons team. Some coaches care so much, some go through the motions. My son has had both. This is a lot of money these days, plus there is always additional fees and this BS fee or that BS fee. Tons of fees. Plus a lot of those summer weekends that you would do family trips are now going to be lacrosse weekends. It could be tough on kids and siblings who don't play, spending hours on lacrosse fields. Like anything its a business. If you get the right committed guy coaching your kid, it could be a great expierience, worth the money and time. Good luck to you and your son.