Originally Posted by Anonymous
My kid turned down princeton because it would have been too long a drive for us. Pls let us know what D1 school offers you turned down, because of roster size. thanks

You're missing the point. Committing to a D1 school and never seeing the field isn't for everyone. If the education, playing time, money and comfort is there in. D2 school for an athlete it's a wonderful thing. Travel is a consideration for some folks who don't have the money to fly to games and stay in hotels. Many families have other school age children, maybe one income homes or have disabled spouse or special needs kids that can't travel. So yea, sometimes D2 schools are a better fit, No sarcasm here, enjoy watching your child play wherever they decide because life throws you curveballs every now and then and you never know how long you have left. Peace.

This post is spot on! The people who post sarcastic comments are so ignorant. I for one am a small
Business owner with 4 kids under 16. My sophomore just commited to an excellent academic d2 school within a 3 hr drive of my home. That's what worked for us. She had 2 offers from good d1 lax schools. But they were not as good once you factored in the travel time expenses and th possibility of. Not playing as much.

Its just my opinion, but i would sacrifice me being able to see my kid play live, for her to be at a better school. We've heard on the forum alot about kids having good d1 offers, curious to hear which schools. I do agree with going to a D2 school instead of a D1 school and not getting on the field. With that said its none of my business or anyone else what decisions people make.

Everyone should make whatever decisions are best for them of course. There is just so much misinformation floating around on here though that sometimes it seems like it's difficult to really know the tradeoffs you are making. Financially, academically etc. Not just for the short run, but for the long run. For instance, if it's a 10k a year difference, but a much better academic institution, seems like it might be worth it to take a student loan for the difference etc. Or the guy that says u need 100 GPA to get into an Ivy, which is wrong. And I know a kid going to G-town w a 2.9 GPA and one to BC w similar. So what are the grades a kid actually needs to get into certain schools. Whether it's D1, D2 or D3. It would be great if people were willing to honestly share the tradeoffs they have made. It would help the rest of us. What D1 schools were turned down for the D2 opportunity. Who's kid made the decision to play D3? Why? What's the equivalent talent level in D1 for Courtland or Middlebury? So what are some likely choices between divisions for that level of player etc.