This thread has been opened to provide news related to the newly launched Long Island Rebels Lacrosse club.

BOTC is pleased to be able to share the following introductory communication from the Club Director, Tom Gilmartin :

To the BOTC Community : I felt it was important to respond to the rumors personally. I will be starting a new club, the LI Rebels, and I am sure I will be in touch to do some announcements for me. I have worked for the past few years with the Stampede to increase their lacrosse profile.

As a poster on BOTC noted, last year we were instrumental in getting 32 out of 32 players consideration from colleges where they will be competing next year. For our younger teams, I concentrate on teaching the kids the game before worrying about their success in tournament play. While I of course want them to be competitive, it is not the only benchmark I use to gauge success. I concentrate on preparing them in practices and focusing on each player as an individual, addressing each players strengths and weaknesses. Of course, this must all be done while still developing team concepts and team play. Winning is still important, but not the final goal. The goal for me is the development of each player.

I have won my championships at the youth, high school and college level. I have traveled the world playing lacrosse and have met with much success. I coach to pass along what I can and make sure each player is treated with respect, regardless of ability. While I want them to know the great feeling of winning, my ego does not rise and fall with their win/loss record.

I wish the Stampede/91 merger much success. I just needed to go my own way to ensure that I can do it my own way. If not, I would rather not do it.

Any particular questions, as always, please feel free to contact me anytime.

Tom Gilmartin
LI Rebel Lacrosse
631-848-7941