Originally Posted by Anonymous
the "rules" that a coach from Liberty cannot coach a team if there is a daughter on team is waaaay off base. Both coaches from the 2019 team have their daughters on that team so how they get around those rules? I guess it makes sense as one of these players is the niece of DG so nepotism seemed obvious. This same player also made the UA team - guess who was one of the coaches/evaluators? Yep, DG. Same thing fir the varsity team at Manhasset. Bit of a joke. Make no mistake, Liberty is a Manhasset team and nepotism certainly exists. I would avoid this program especially one with this type of culture and dynamic. Not healthy for you or your daughter. Good luck.
The fact that you know so much about a team you hate is kind of creepy. I was affiliated with this club for 7 years ending in '15 and never heard of a parent coaching a daughter, I'm not saying it's not true, it probably is, but is certainly not the norm as it is in other clubs (see Yellow Jackets) D.G. helping her niece is to be expected, she is the owner and director, that has it's privileges, are you saying the girl is undersizing of her spot, and if you are can you explain the gaggle of players pushed onto the U.A. roster because of there direct relationship with a host of Y.J. coaches throughout the years? Your GURU is the queen of dirty nepotism so please don't try to sully the reputation of a great player, college coach, high school coach, and club director with your minimal argument, especially when you worship at the altar of hypocrisy.

Your daughter was a 2015 Liberty , they sucked just like the rest of the teams . What's so funny is you could not keep the discussion free from those two teams you were asked to keep out of the discussion . Someone points out that your no mommy / daddy coaching rule is absolute bs and you make up excuses . Yes there are a few non manhasset kids but ultimately it's a town team you just get to pay more . Was funny when your kids team lost to a younger team from one of those unmentionables .
why are you so bitter? Sucked Is a little over stating it I think. My daughters team played any Y.J. Team twice, once in a fall ball against the true blue team (coached by 2 fathers)and it was a blowout, the second time was against the gold team at the U-15 that was a one goal loss. That same team also played Skywalkers in Va. And lost by 2, the same team that that Y.j. Blue lost to twice that same year, and M&D back to a 9-9 tie also in Va. So I don't know where you get your info from but it's wrong. All teams have a bit of nepotism involved, but as opposed to Y.J. It's almost nonexistent at Liberty, but apparently it does happen, but please don't come here trying to make it sound like the Y.J. Club doesn't have a rampant problem with nepotism and favoritism. The original topic was a parent wanted options other than y.j and t.g. Sorry if that offends you that a player and her family doesn't want to play at your "Elite" club, or that maybe we parents that actually had a daughter play with Liberty thought it a very good experience, as opposed to your expert analysis of a club your daughter either never played at, or left for your own reasons. Back tone topic. To the original parent, I suggest you go to the tryouts with your daughter, talk with the parents and coaches and see if you like it. I can tell you that the practices are 2 age groups at a time with the top coaches taking time at each team ( remember ther are only 2 teams per age) Danielle was very attentive to my daughter throughout her recruiting, calling both of us many times. She has a good college network and like I said has added the Wantaugh coach. Give it a try the tryout happens pretty early so if you don't like it you could always try another. Good luck to your daughter