Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Express tryouts posted - $100 for two two hour session is how I read it. Really? So 91 is $55 and express is $100 - at least igloo give you 4 sessions for $100. Taking a quick survey - which is worth it express or 91 or any of the others? Really - $100 tryout? What am I buying for $100 - $200 more and I can send my son to anyon great camp and get more focus and skill training. Really $100 to tryout format team which is not really a tryout since they will take almost all decent players and have
4 teams - why turn away money.
Read the fine print for 91 you only need to go to one but if you want to go to both you may sign up again which means pay again

Good thinking, chose your club based on the cost of the tryout...if your son makes a team you will be paying $3-$4,000 for a year of lacrosse. That will be a complete waste of money if you have a bad coach and it will be money well spent if you have a good dedicated coach...regardless the $50 extra dollars you spent wont much matter. This may sound absolutely crazy but perhaps the clubs are charging more than last year b/c the fields cost more, insurance costs more, they are getting independent evaluators etc. Perhaps some clubs genuinely feel that a mutltiple day tryout allows the kids to get more comfortable and gives the evaluators a better look at the kids.