Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by teamelevate
Originally Posted by Powderfinger

You know what I'd like to see? Accumlated fouls being treated as they are in basketball. Keep fouling and exit the game.

This is great idea. They do it in basketball, why can't they do it in lacrosse.

Now - getting back to helmets. I do not want helmets in the girls game and I am a male coach. I love the girls game the way it is. When you take the time to learn all the rules (and no I do not agree with all of them), you understand how the rules were created to maximize safety for the girls.

What the refs need to do is seriously crack down on all of the swings around the head. it amazes me that in games refs will allow full swings with no releases whatsoever and say it was a clean check then blow a whistle on a girl for pushing or extending her arms on defense. What's more dangerous?

If players were allowed a certain amount of fouls, they would have to curtail their aggressive play or they would exit the game or foul out. Now we have certain teams in college, HS and club lacrosse that fouls as a tactic. They use it to their advantage to slow the ball down. It is in the refs discretion to warn the fouling team that they can be carded if the continue to foul. However in literally hundreds an hundreds of games coaching, I have not seen this once.

n some cases it is used as an intimidation factor. Just foul the girl, because you only have to go 4m behind her.

Let's enforce the rules as they are written and leave helmets for the boys.
Both are great posts...I will ask the question, do we need FULL checking or could the game be played with only MODIFIED checking rules. I realize that it puts the defense at a disadvantage but it would minimize head shots and keep the wild swings to a minimum.
The girls can barely play defense as it is...