Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Just not sure why you all care so much? (and don't even try and say you are concerned for the other girls or you will sound so foolish) It's like everything else in life. We fixate more on the 1%. So much attention given to something that affects <1% - it's like that in everything. This has nothing to do with 99.9% of the world and here we make it a major topic of discussion. No one will admit it is because of jealousy because you actually believe you aren't jealous. Well, hate to break it to you but if you weren't jealous - no one would care about this one great kid AND... no one ever claimed she was the best - that, I suppose is another thing you have brought into your perception of the situation. Leave it alone!

Why do we care so much? PRECEDENCE. The child (and make no mistake, she is still a child) is in 8th grade. When should we care? When they recruit the first 7th grader? Maybe 6th? Why not a "physically/athletically gifted 5th grader with a genetic pedigree ..."

The problem is the line keeps getting moved. So as a parent, yeah you should care. Cause at some point, it isn't about kids being kids it's about ADULTS making choices to further THEIR BEST INTERESTS.

Are you nuts? Parents (who generally pay) push their kids to different schools for different reasons all of the time. I know mine did and I plan it for my kid. How many kids are brainwashed to go to their parents alma mater or Notre Dame by some subway alumni. You don't think it furthers their interests when they push them to a state school when they should be somewhere they like better but is more expensive.

Come on Mr/Mrs Purity, stop it already.