I don't understand the passion of some posters defending the situation. Virtually every respected DI women's coach has signed on to the proposal submitted to the NCAA to stop early recruiting. The coach's themselves think it is wrong/bad/not in player's best interest. The coaches do it b/c their competition does it - but most know it is wrong (and most are against early recruiting). So to be critical of early recruiting (for this girl or otherwise) is the position of the overwhelming majority of people that care about lacrosse. And I don't need to walk in someone's shoes to judge them - if I see a kid in a car that isn't in a car seat, I judge the parents as being irresponsible. If I see a toddler drinking Coke, I judge the parents as being irresponsible. There is no reason that rational people can't likewise judge this family as perhaps being irresponsible when it comes to the best interests of their daughter. And I know I don't have all the facts, but I think if it was my daughter I would just wait a year and she could commit in 9th grade and, while early, my daughter wouldn't become a national story (and this girl is not a national story in a good way).