Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Larry LarryMiller
Bureaucrats play with other peoples money. They will not get another offer that high.

What's the basis behind this statement?

SUSA put in an over the top offer to convince the BoE to break the lease with SYSL. Now that the lease with SYSL is terminated there is no incentive for anyone else to bid so much to get the fields. They only have to outbid the other suitors and none of the other organizations interested have the capability of paying anything close to what SUSA had offered.

You might be surprised.

I have no doubt that the number of people will be bidding for the fields. The point is that now that the hard work is done in getting the BoE to terminate SYSL's lease, the new highest bidder will get the fields whether that bid is higher or lower than what SUSA offered.

So if SYSL offers 25k a year, ISA 35k a year and a LAX group 45k a year, the 45k a year gets the fields. It doesn't matter that the SUSA offer was five times that because that offer is no longer on the table. That's why I think someone like SYAG has a shot at taking over the fields.

Here is why I think you are wrong. It is my belief that since there are relationships between certain board members and the soccer club that should the soccer club bring someone in they will win the bid. Am I saying this bid rigged? That's what I believe based on what I have seen, the conversations I have had with a board member, and knowing what went down behind closed doors last night. I could be wrong, but I don't think so. How does any "business" that needs money give any organization a basically free rent contract ($100 year one) and then $400 a month, as I was told and turn down the only offer offering money?

Did you know that the district's attorney had drawn up a lease and that SUSA signed the lease in the lawyer's office? Politics is alive and well. For my part, I hope a Lax organization gets the bid, I truly do. Go get 'em...