Originally Posted by Larry LarryMiller
I know that the first bid that was rescinded was for an outrageous amount of money BUT they wanted it signed and delivered last night. The BoE had some "very" emotional people on it that didn't feel kindly toward the "gun being held to their head".

They are open to ALL bids and I do believe that the whole point is to raise more money for the district. Not sure that SYAG will be considered as they will want it for as small amount as the SYSL.

While your information is correct, you are either unaware of the full story or you are withholding it.

Here is what you left out....

The deal was done...the renter had negotiated and signed a lease at the office of the school attorney. The district was to countersign the lease at the closed door executive meeting. The board then pulled a 180 turnaround. It was then that they were told a take it or leave it. The Sachem BoE turned down 2.2 million dollars. How is that for a gun at your head? I dont blame the people that held a gun to the district's head...and pulled a 2.2 million dollar trigger. Do you really think they did a smart thing?