Overall, my daughters recruiting experience was positive. We started with an unbiased assessment of her talent and prospects which allowed her to target her efforts on low level D-1 and pretty much all D2/D3.

She searched to detemine which schools had the program she was interested in, size of school, rural/urban etc. She compared this to Laxpower rankings to get a sense of the quality of their lacrosse and teams they typically play. From this she developed a list of her top 10 targets. She shared the list with her club and HS coach to get input on if she would be a good fit, coaches experience with those colleges (if any, etc.).

We created a 8 minute highlight video showing goals, assists, off-ball movement and re-defends. In the Spring/Summer between her Sophmore and Junior year she contacted each of the coaches from her list to introduce herself, express interest in their school and program. Her email included a link to her video as well as the tournaments she was attending, team name, schedule and her number. She also asked her club coach to reach out on her behalf as well.

Most of the schools ended up watching her play at the tournaments and reached out to us to discuss visits. She worked with her coaches and upper classman on questions to ask during the visits. I let her lead all the conversations, I asked my parent type questions in the meetings but she definetly was the primary driver. She narrowed her list down to the top 3 and scheduled overnigt/weekend vists.

She received multiple offers ranging from $5,000 per year to $30,000 per year. She ended up accepting a D2 offer from a private instution for $20,000 athletic. The school stacks so she was able to add on $12,000 academic which put her offer at 75% Cost of attendence. 2 years in she is have a great experience and loves the school she attends.

The key for her was that initial assessment. It allowed us to ignore all of the requests to attend camps and clinics at Maryland, Syracuse etc. and really focus on her sweet spot while many of her teammates were traveling up and down the East Coast attending clinics from schools that were never going to give them an offer.

Hope this helps.