Originally Posted by Anonymous
if you don't think Chamninade is the best of the best in sports and school, you are sorely misguided admit it and move on..

Chaminade isn't the best of the best in anything. They send masses of catholics to mediocre to upper catholic colleges and compile sports teams using 2000 kids from all over long island and they still lose to public schools. The only ones who think that chaminade is the best of the best are the parents that send their kids to the school, just ask them.

They are the best because they are strong across the board. There are other schools with comparable or better academics and others with better individual teams. However, there is no school on LI that has the combination of top academics and top athletics across all teams....not just lax. Look at their athletic center, Bloomberg terminals, wrestling facility, TV studio, the yearbook they produce, volunteerism and on and on. If you hate Chaminade I get it, but then name me the LI school which surpasses them in ALL these areas.

Syosset to name one . Their academics are top in the country and you can't count the number of boys AND girls teams last year that won nassau, LI and state championships across all sports. Don't know what district you are from but I don't think you've been to many of the top districts if you don't think that they have programs and facilities that rival or surpass what Chaminade offers. You may be getting better than what you would have if you stayed in your public school but not many neighboring public schools , sorry. If you want to argue that you are sending your son for the catholic education we won't get in Public schools I totally respect that but not the academic /sports argument .

That's a fair and respectful point. But Chaminade has a reputation that is hard to equal. Don't take my word for it. Please read a letter that was recently written by the head coach at Yale.

Chaminade lax was beaten last by LI publics. They also sent the same number of kids to an elite Ivy as several publics: 1-2
Don't really see a great advantage here.

the advantage is huge across the board.