Originally Posted by Anonymous
Unfortunately, you are right. I think that most of these guys look at the travel programs with the money generated and are looking to turn town programs it into a revenue stream for them and their assistants.

What happened to just paying $100.00 and learning the game? Towns like Smithtown, WM and Sachem are destroying that for the kids. Next it will be $1,000.00 to play PAL for kids. There is the conflict.

I am not understanding something in all of these conflict posts.
People seem to be complaining if their high school coach charges $1000 to coach a summer team and play in 4 or 5 tournaments because they say it is a conflict and the high school coach should not be making money from the summer team.
But these same people have no issue with paying $2000-$3000 to a club team for the same product and most of the club teams are coached by these same high school coaches?
Am I missing something here?

Yes, you are missing something...while some here are complaining about the cost, that is not the issue. The conflict comes from a HS coach telling kids (either directly or through more subtle means) they must play on his travel team or they won't see time on the varsity team...that is the conflict.

Correct, cost is not the issue.