Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Unfortunately, you are right. I think that most of these guys look at the travel programs with the money generated and are looking to turn town programs it into a revenue stream for them and their assistants.

What happened to just paying $100.00 and learning the game? Towns like Smithtown, WM and Sachem are destroying that for the kids. Next it will be $1,000.00 to play PAL for kids. There is the conflict.

I am not understanding something in all of these conflict posts.
People seem to be complaining if their high school coach charges $1000 to coach a summer team and play in 4 or 5 tournaments because they say it is a conflict and the high school coach should not be making money from the summer team.
But these same people have no issue with paying $2000-$3000 to a club team for the same product and most of the club teams are coached by these same high school coaches?
Am I missing something here?

Yes, you are missing something...while some here are complaining about the cost, that is not the issue. The conflict comes from a HS coach telling kids (either directly or through more subtle means) they must play on his travel team or they won't see time on the varsity team...that is the conflict.