Originally Posted by Anonymous
There are plenty of kids on B and C teams who will get scholarships to good schools. they may not even play lacrosse in college.. will you be ok with that, what will you do? I may start a therapy group for parents of kids who stop playing sports, I can probably fill the freedom tower with my group.

Hey I get you C player today A player tomorrow and A player today B player tomorrow are scenarios. There are those who are gifted and can just play any sport at any level and then there are those who work harder than anyone and become great at a sport. The facts are that the money in lacrosse for the players is nothing like the pro sports of baseball, football, basketball, hockey, etc. Playing the game for the love of it is all that matters. Being a business man on the other hand there is potential to make money. Go to school get a great education and if you end up playing D1 D2 D3 or club ball is an amazing thing when you love the game. Not everyone is a D1 athlete. The rigors of playing D1 are so extreme for any sport now. The programs own you on top of school you have spring ball, winter training and the season for lacrosse. That's an extra 30-40hrs a week. Even the cant miss athletes are having issues staying in school.

If you have the opportunity to play at any level in college remember this. If on the first day you had a career ending injury would you stay at the school you picked because of lacrosse.