Originally Posted by Larry Miller
Originally Posted by Anonymous
There used to be links to most of the Long Island-based travel team websites (as well as Connecticut and Maryland teams), which was a good resource for players and parents looking for these organizations. Why were those taken down? Can those be put back on the site?

They were taken down because some of the clubs were acting in a manner that were not in the best interest of the players or their parents. BOTC will promote clubs that are not focused on the kids as much as they are to their bottom-line.

We have organizations like My Tournaments/Team 91/LI Hurricanes/ and quite a few more all owned and run by the same people. They appear to manipulate their teams in their own tournaments.

BOTC commands a very serious amount of views over the course of a day, week, and month, so much so, that we found ourselves being used...and we have stopped that.

By having a list of clubs we would be contributing to this "smoke and mirrors" mechanism on the part of multiple teams under a single ownership or control.

If you have a question about a specific club you can email or private message us or make a post.

As I told the folks at My Tournaments, Sean Chamberlain & Co., when they kept your money after canceling the Lax Fest, and BOTC took them to task on this board, and received a terse and combative toned phone call basically telling me that their advertising bought our silence, I informed the caller that BOTC is NOT for sale to any advertiser.

if a club screws up or [lacrosse] over a player or does anything that we deem unsatisfactory we will say something...advertiser or not.

smart move.