Originally Posted by Anonymous
Maybe its because it's not my first daughetr and I'm older now, but early in this summer travel season, the drive seemed longer this weekend, the games seemed shorter and the roster seemed bigger. Oh and the weather wasn't great.

None are positive

Great post. Second time around here too and the perspective definitely changes. For my oldest, the joy of the weekend came out of competing and hoping her team beat the other teams and watching her play and grow. And that's fine. But what we learn is that ultimately, that success (or lack thereof) is really not all that important and that what is sustainable is what they do with their talents on (but mostly off) the field. In the end, I could not possibly be happier than I am about my oldest daughter's outcome.

But all that being said, my favorite part of this weekend was not winning or making a great play etc. (and sure, those were cool things) but instead it was walking on the boardwalk in OC and handing my kid a $20 bill and telling her she could go on a bunch of rides. Honestly, what I am going to remember most about this past weekend is not the short fields, the rainy weather, the short games, the drunk parents late on Saturday night, but what I am going to remember is having fun with my kid and seeing her be a little girl and a fierce competitor all on the same weekend.

It goes fast. Enjoy it!