do 8&9 year olds play with action figures anymore?? or are they playing lacrosse all year round and not allowed to be 8&9 anymore? I certainly am happy my childhood wasn't rushed. played three sports. excelled at lacrosse. we didn't have Jack [lacrosse] club teams though. just PAL. when that was over we moved on to the next season. the next sport. if there was club lax back then my dad wouldn't have paid for it. as much as he pushed us in sports, he always said each sport has its season. he would be thought these club coaches were crooks as he'd put it. all that being said.....there was no rush to grow up when I was a kid. had thousands of action figures played video games road bikes with my friends. and guess what I was a three time all county lax and football player in high school and played compettive division 2 lax in college and was a three year starter. so the club and bs and rushing the kids to grow up means zero in the end. if your kid is made for it he's made for it. don't stuff it down his throat. when it's done and it goes fast....it's just memories. the sticks, the cleats, they go up in the attic. u don't bring your lax accolades on job interviews