The whole system is a total joke. Paying upwards of $20k for a travel team chasing a dream. Sure, does it benefit about 15% who get D1 scholarships? How about the parents whose kids are on the B,C,D teams? Wouldn't that $$ be better served paying for the first year's college tuition. And hooray for the 9th grader that commits to Hopkins? No freakin way! It hurts everyone else. It forces parents to push their kids to mature quicker than is natural. And you wonder why there are parents screaming like maniacs on the sideline of a 4th grade Team 91 game? Read this month's Inside Lacrosse on the poaching of players. I applaud Kevin Corrigan of Notre Dame. He plainly states he will not recruit 9th and 10th graders. Thank God. And he will continue to recruit the early commits of other teams when they become upperclassmen (ie Brian Willets). And Pietramala says he hates the system and recruiting freshmen, yet continues to do it. I pray his early commits change their minds and go elsewhere. We are pushing our children to mature earlier and earlier, the coaches complain about the system, and then perpetuate the same nonsense. As a disclaimer, I'm not only a parent, but a varsity coach and also coached a travel team.