Originally Posted by Anonymous
My daughter plays at a different HS who played ESM today, and I have to say I was somewhat surprised at what BT was willing to yell out loud. It was somewhat on the borderline between "bullying" and being an extremely harsh coach. She said things such as, "how are we supposed to play offense if you don't know how to catch" to a very talented player who made one mistake, and something along the lines of "figure it out dammit" when they gave up an 8 meter to my daughter's team. Now I don't think this is grounds for being fired, but maybe someone at the school should encourage her to be more positive to her players, rather than belittle them. I am a big fan of tough love, but to an extent. Maybe instead of screaming out loud that a player can't catch, pull her off to the side and give her a tip to fix her mistake, or even take her out of the game for a bit if you're that angry.

Negativity and berating players should not become the norm for these high school programs. High School is a crucial time in young players' lives and it is important for them to use this time to gain confidence and learn fundamentals.

Oops not sure why I wrote today, meant to write recently...I guess old age is kicking in earlier than usual lol