Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Even though they used a 6th grade goalie, Hewlett was the better team . All of there kids catch the ball and play a physical style . They were wrong for what they did but it had no bearing on the game and I am a parent of a player from the team they played. Let's move on to the other games .

The Hewlett team plays a physical game. I would agree, unfortunately, the physical part is after the whistle and off ball. The cheating and dirty play obviously comes from the coaches and it is taught and condoned by them. I've seen the head coach in action, and would never let me own son play for a coach like that. He was screaming at the players, the refs, and the coaches of the other team. After the game, he wouldn't even shake hands with the opposing coaches. The boys will follow the example that is set for them. Bad example leads to bad results. Hopefully for the boys in the program the coaches will be removed and suitable replacements are found and will teach the boys lacrosse skills and the respect for the game that it deserves.

All this talk about Hewlett lacrosse like it's a legitimate program. Funny.