Some organizations will ask their coaches A and B to evaluate their players at the end of the season. If a B player gets a very high score then the staff is aware of it and gives that player extra eyes on at the tryout, but If a player sgets a low mark they are looking to replace him
Originally Posted by tennesseejed
Here's one for you guys to chew on:

What does the B kid need to do to make the A team--politics aside? How does a kid that is one of the better B team players make the jump to A? Does he need size, speed and great lacrosse skills? What happens if he's average size for his grade, yet has really good stick skills and can play attack, midfield?

What are the things that set an A player apart from a B player? What are the things that need to be done at tryouts in order to convince Chanechuk or Spalinna that the kid should make the team? What does it take to make Anthony Alexander's eyes and ears perk up and get noticed? 2-3 goals and 1-2 asssts in the scrimmage at tryouts?

I know that 60-70 percent of making an elite can be political. Either a kid is coming form the 4-5 traditional lacrosse towns or his father/uncle was a D1 stud and therefore is a known quantity. Are A teams usually 10 stud players with another 10-12 kids that are good but not great? Do clubs just take kids that fill a need or do they take the best kids available?

I know that club season has not even started yet, but it is never too late to get better. I would love to hear any and all replies.

Thanks,

Concerned Daddy