Originally Posted by Anonymous
I'm sure there are a few holdbacks on Madlax 8th grade teams, my guess would be 4-5 which is probably the average for 2019 AA teams in the NPYLL, not a comment about right or wrong, but just stating what has become the trend in recent years.

Didn't you post you were unaware of any older kids on the 2019 Madlax team?

Ummm.....no I posted "I'm sure there are a few holdbacks on Madlax 8th grade teams, my guess would 4-5 which is probably the average for 2019 AA teams in the NPYLL, not a comment about right or wrong, but just stating what has becomethe trend in recent years" My reply was in response to the person stating there were none. I think there are two people named Anonymous

I can't track these threads, my apologies.

The Maryland club season is about to start this weekend. It will be the first year with most teams going grade base. It will be interesting to see how teams fare with their holdbacks. Most teams will not know exactly how many holdbacks each team has that they play. Sorta of a guessing game. Of course Crabs will be the leader in holdbacks per team. Most Crab wins will be considered tainted by some that dont agree with holdbacks.

I agree, Crab wins will be tainted or laughable, sad, unsportsmanlike, disingenuous, dishonest, disgraceful, etc... I think we all know the deal. Kids couldn't hack it at 2018 so Mommy and Daddy made it all better and had them play with the younger, smaller boys.

In 2 years it won't matter- kids will level out and the real talent will stand out. In the meantime, speed, good stick skills and lax IQ can help deter the physicality of the holdbacks. If the holdbacks had all these to begin with, they would not have chosen to stay back. You are not a success story and decide to hold back- that's the bottom line.