Originally Posted by America's Game
Don't you think that there will be more parody in college lacrosse in general due to the growing popularity of the sport. Just look at the sidebar of this screen, how many teams are there drawing talent from Long Island alone. Lets also take into consideration the expansion of the sport in non traditional areas. This introduces a different athlete to the sport that probably never would have had the opportunity to play.

I have to agree, I do not think the upsets in the first game of the season really have to do all that much with early commits. I am sure these coaches have been around long enough to NOT start a player that they think did not develop like they expected when they recruited them in 10th grade. Furthermore, the kids that are freshman on the roster now, were not recruited in 9th grade. Is there that much of a difference between a Spring 10th grader and a Fall 11th grader? I suspect as the season rolls on, we will see the better teams on top and a few underdogs rise up as well. The sport is growing and it should be no surprise that more teams will be even more highly competitive.