some really great posts. I am not a fan of the early commitment. there are more and more early commitments in girls lacrosse some as early as 8th or 9th grade to d1 schools that are recruiting 12 new players each year. I have looked at some of the D1 rosters this year and the future commitments to these schools and i was surprised to see such large numbers of kids on each team. Some are at the 50 player mark. this to me means that 30 of those kids will never see the field this year. is that fair to the girls? they will practice very hard and miss many days of school just to say they played at the d1 level. the coaches are over recruiting and the parents are not really doing there homework on these schools. my daughter plays d3 lacrosse and enjoys the game. they miss very few days of school and almost all the players play. which is a nice thing to see since they all work very hard. everyone needs to remember that once lacrosse in college is over for these girls they will need to find a job which is why i feel getting a degree is more important than lacrosse and at a d3 level it is more manageable for the Student /Athlete.