Originally Posted by Anonymous
I can understand the depth issue you're raising, however, that's what seperates the average teams and the above average teams in every sport at every level
how does a general lack of players at a position, or an injury separate average teams from above average? I have seen every organization post the need for goalies.
that's why the yankee's are a perennial playoff team and the twins aren't - depth has been and always will be an issue in every sport and at every level, there's no getting around it
yYou keep saying the same thing in different ways, I understand that you think a team should carry a second goalie, and if your team does your lucky, but you need to stay open minded and deal with the facts of the greater issue. You can't compare Baseball to Lacrosse, Baseball is played by millions of people. where as lacrosse is, as of now, still fairly small. So to say the Yankees have depth is irrelevant to this conversation. Yes every team should carry 2 goalies, I think we all agree on that, but when you get into the older age groups, especially into high school, the amount of available goalies severely decreases. At this point in time I defiantly believe there should be player cards because there are nefarious coaches out there that have no morals and a win at all expenses attitude. I also believe if there caught using "ringers" they should be banned from coaching, no second chance, no excuses. I also believe this situation needs to be addressed without the " well MY team doesn't have this problem, so yours shouldn't either" close minded attitude. I don't know who your child plays for but I have seen Express, Yellow Jackets, 91, fl$ post looking for goalies. This is not an isolated issue