BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,564
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 8 of 86 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 85 86
Re: MadLax Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Hard for 3d to get players from all over the region when their practice fields are in outer Loudon County.

Amen. If you live inside the beltway its just too far to go in rush hour traffic. I know a kid from Vienna who plays goalie on their U15 team, and its a real time commitment to practice in Leesburg even from there.

3d is moving their training base from Leesburg to Rockville Sportsplex next season. Sounds like they got the message that the good players from other parts of the beltway are not finding Leesburg accessible. They are also doing winter box training / league in Annapolis for some winter teams, so I does sound like they are getting diversified locations wise.

Also, what the heck happened at VLC? Vienna rec teams can beat them now.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax has youth (not HS) players from Charlottesville, Manasas, and Stafford so players are willing to travel for a good team

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Signed our sons up for one Madlax clinic each. We are not a Madlax family

Yeah, right. Read the rest of your paragraph and it's the same stuff you bring up every single month. And the replies are the same replies brought up every time. Don't you get tired of spewing the same lies non-stop?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
S
Hard for 3d to get players from all over the region when their practice fields are in outer Loudon County.

Amen. If you live inside the beltway its just too far to go in rush hour traffic. I know a kid from Vienna who plays goalie on their U15 team, and its a real time commitment to practice in Leesburg even from there.

3d is moving their training base from Leesburg to Rockville Sportsplex next season. Sounds like they got the message that the good players from other parts of the beltway are not finding Leesburg accessible. They are also doing winter box training / league in Annapolis for some winter teams, so I does sound like they are getting diversified locations wise.

Also, what the heck happened at VLC? Vienna rec teams can beat them now.

What winter box training/league is going on in Annapolis?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What lies? That is a lame reply. Why has VLC been decimated as a youth lacrosse program?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The winter box league is the Annapolis Indoor Lacrosse League.
Some very good teams and it is very well run. It is not "true" box because they don't allow all of the hitting but they do play with small goals, and the goalies are padded up. My son is playing in it and loves it. He played last year as well.
Both a JV and a Varsity league

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is an Annapolis winter lacrosse league. Some high schools and clubs including 3d teams. It has some good club and HS programs have teams entered.

Now why the VLC push back on lies and lying liars. What that is thrown out is wrong? That club is stripped down to a coaching staff of the town HS coach, a town rec coach and parental coaches and administrators. The 2015 team is done, and the stripped down 2016 & 2017 teams are moving a long pretty well but are not great teams and their youth teams are basically like Next Level or Cavalier lacrosse now. VLC youth teams play in B tournaments or B divisions of tournaments. That VLC winter skills and drills thing on in the snow at Flint Hill HS is a rip off relative to Maxlax or other indoor winter offerings and I am not a Madlax parent or a prior poster on what you think is a sore topic. So which is it? Is all written above just lies or do you have some substance to respond with?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
VLC is not interesting enough to anyone to discuss. This is getting to be like beating down on a program already kicked to the curb by Madlax. Who cares, let them pat each other on the back at the Great Falls Starbucks.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why not just promote Madlax and 3d instead of repeating the same libel over and over again, hoping some new parents get duped and believe these lies?

Last I checked, Blackwolf and VLC have nearly 50% more college commits than Madlax. As for 3d, do they have even 1 college commit from their MidAtlantic program?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
3d has several commits on their HS teams. They'd rather brag about winning games than how many kids they commit.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I do not hear anyone saying Blackwolf is no good. And when they talk bad about VLC they are talking about the youth teams. There high school teams are still strong. But there 2019 and below are playing B level not AA like Madlax or the other clubs. Please prove me wrong and show me VLC teams playing a high A or AA schedule anywhere coming up this spring or summer. I always say this area has the talent for 3 AA teams at any age. Its just we all fight to much and spread the talent to 7 teams or more. Like they say "Crabs in a bucket"!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Annapolis League is actually 30 minutes from Annapolis and has been around for many years, when 3d bought Propel Lacrosse they took over the league, not a bad league.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did anyone hear of 3d looking to purchase Rising Sons in PA to enter that market?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Annapolis League is actually 30 minutes from Annapolis and has been around for many years, when 3d bought Propel Lacrosse they took over the league, not a bad league.

The Annapolis box league is terrific fun. The most fun my son has had playing the game and the level of play is very high but the league is real low key. Just a great way to get out there and play fast and keep fit.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is it too late to get into the Annapolis Box league? Do the teams entered take walk ons?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is it too late to get into the Annapolis Box league? Do the teams entered take walk ons?

It is too late for Annapolis Indoor Lacrosse League. They are not real box. They are Field/Box Hybrid. The league started 12/6.

For real Box, look into JR B.I.L.L. They start on 1/6 and have real former Box players running it. Just google it and go to the Stone Alley website that hosts them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
3d has several commits on their HS teams. They'd rather brag about winning games than how many kids they commit.

Please name them. 3d's entire 2016 team left for Virginia Elite.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
3d has seven D1 commits on their current 2016 roster, and no I will not. None of those families really appreciate the bragging mentality. I don't know much about the Fuze 2016 team that left or why they left, but the current 2016 team has several MIAA kids and other strong Annapolis area kids on it. Get back to beating each other up Madlax and VLC, 3d seems to be doing ok without any of this trash talking over teenage sons. Maybe 3d is on an upswing now because families want to get away from the mud slinging. Judging from this thread can't blame them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Isn't Virginia Elite a lacrosse league or is it also a club? Had not heard of it and we live in Fairfax.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The 3d 2016 team from last summer left to do their own team under their high school coach. It was a Fuze team, and those kids wanted to keep playing together. 3d definitely came to town and cleaned house and brought in mostly new players in the fall. If what you are trying to note is that 3d has an epidemic of kids leaving already, that is not true. The kids who moved on either tried out and didn't make the teams and the 2016 team which left to stay together. 3d doesn't struggle to place boys and girls into college lacrosse and have both kids who came over as commits or have committed since arriving. I don't understand the vitriol and it would be better to keep 3d out of the Madlax and VLC fighting, which is amusing to people outside your programs but not that fascinating.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Virginia Elite Lacrosse has three teams: 2016, 2017 & 2018

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
3d has seven D1 commits on their current 2016 roster, and no I will not. None of those families really appreciate the bragging mentality. I don't know much about the Fuze 2016 team that left or why they left, but the current 2016 team has several MIAA kids and other strong Annapolis area kids on it. Get back to beating each other up Madlax and VLC, 3d seems to be doing ok without any of this trash talking over teenage sons. Maybe 3d is on an upswing now because families want to get away from the mud slinging. Judging from this thread can't blame them.

One kid from PVI was just announced going to VMI. But to the poster's original question, there aren't any other 3d commits from THIS area. 3d is trying to hodgepodge guys from this area and Maryland who were dissatisfied with their current clubs. There are no listed college commits from their MidAtlantic team on the 3d website.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Isn't Virginia Elite a lacrosse league or is it also a club? Had not heard of it and we live in Fairfax.

I had never heard of them either. Their website says "Our goal is to offer year-round high quality lacrosse experiences that help youth and HS lacrosse players to achieve their potential. Starting with introduction to lacrosse program camps/ clinics through advanced skills camps/ clinics and our elite laxer training programs, leagues and tournaments, we want to ensure that the true spirit of the game is maintained and strengthened through a strong collaboration with area Youth and HS coaches from across Northern VA and the greater Wash Metro area."

A couple of the MLL guys who started Rogue lacrosse appear to be affiliated with VEL (Steven Brooks and Terry Kimener). Rogue used to offer clinics in conjunction with VLC out at Flint Hill but now appear to be based out of upstate New [lacrosse].

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All of 3d's HS commits came over in the summer or in the fall and all of them came up with other clubs like Crabs, Hawks, Madlax. 3d just started in the summer, so it isn't like these kids grew up 3d. Blackwolf has been doing the same thing for years now taking in kids who are committed or are about to. I think these club credentials can be very misleading when a kid grows up Madlax and then hops to another club where he played 2 tournaments and became a Blackwolf or a 3d commit. The clubs do it to the extent they can get a kid committed or soon to be committed to suit up for them at an event. Paul Rabil didn't play in his first Crabs tournament until he was 18, and look who is pictured as a Crab on their website.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Once again no parent should care about the team/club as a whole they should be putting there kid in the best place at the best time to get to where he wants/can go. There is only 10 spots on the field at a time. And there is a 100 or so kids who can or will play in college in the NOVA area at a time. And there is another 100 kids who think they can play in college. 200 divided into 25 is what 8 teams. Every parent should be looking to place or moved there kid between these teams to find the best fit for them. Goalies and Attackman really need to always be shopping. Point is you are only hurting you kid if you do not find the best place for him every year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
One kid from PVI was just announced going to VMI. But to the poster's original question, there aren't any other 3d commits from THIS area. 3d is trying to hodgepodge guys from this area and Maryland who were dissatisfied with their current clubs. There are no listed college commits from their MidAtlantic team on the 3d website. [/quote]

Ms. Beckwith. 3d MidAtlantic doesn't publish commits for boys or for girls on the 3d website. There are commits who came from other clubs for their own reasons, and none of those reasons have anything to do with you or some PVI kid who committed to VMI, and good for him whomever that may be.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What I find interesting is there is one freshman lacrosse player at UVa who grew up Madlax, went to Landon and was invisible during the NLI period last year. One Landon 2014 UVa early commit was dumped by UVa last year and is going to some D3 school now. He applied to UVa and was admitted, and walked onto the lacrosse team and is on the roster. Which kid would your son want to be in a few years? The one dumped or the one added. Today a 2015 goalie committed to Duke and he is going on an academic scholarship. The 3d MidAtlantic team has one kid who committed to an ACC school more than a year ago and it is still non-public. Parents and their kids making the world of being a commit are misplacing a lot of their energies and it certainly is no guarantee.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Virginia Elite Lacrosse has three teams: 2016, 2017 & 2018

VEL ran a fantastic fall high school league. Very professional and well managed. Until today I didn't realize they also had high school teams. Is this a club team or really just a high school coach having his kids out of season like PVI does?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'll go way out on a limb here and ask this, aren't more than half the D1 lacrosse scholarship schools ones you don't want your kid to go to? There is a short list of ones you do dream of like three service academies, ivy or patriot league schools, then a few more like Notre Dame and Georgetown. If I paid private school tuitions and club dues for years and my kid went to Bryant College or Monmouth I'd be drinking heavily before noon.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'll go way out on a limb here and ask this, aren't more than half the D1 lacrosse scholarship schools ones you don't want your kid to go to? There is a short list of ones you do dream of like three service academies, ivy or patriot league schools, then a few more like Notre Dame and Georgetown. If I paid private school tuitions and club dues for years and my kid went to Bryant College or Monmouth I'd be drinking heavily before noon.

Good point. I will take it one step further. There are approximately 75% of current Div 1 schools that we had no academic interest in whatsoever. Why send your kid to an inferior academic school just to play lacrosse? From our standpoint, we narrowed the Div 1 field down very quickly to 15-18 or so schools very quickly.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The VEL Teams are travel teams, made up of players from numerous high schools (not affiliated with any school).

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Man, only 15-18 schools or else the odds junior will be back living with us go way up. I wish I'd pushed swimming or tennis harder. Those are boring to tears to watch but a lot more good schools.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The VEL teams are awful. The guy who runs VEL is the Langley coach. He is swimming in money now with that VEL fall league. He was with VLC, then jumped to Fuze and now decided to start his own club. The three teams they have are pretty bad.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The VEL teams are awful. The guy who runs VEL is the Langley coach. He is swimming in money now with that VEL fall league. He was with VLC, then jumped to Fuze and now decided to start his own club. The three teams they have are pretty bad.

He runs a good high school league in the fall. If he is a HS coach doing a club to give his kids opportunities to play in fall or summer, that is a good thing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I like that there is lower level or bad teams out there. The more options the better. I only feel bad for the kid who is a top level player that gets talked in to or presured into playing for a lower level or bad team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I like that there is lower level or bad teams out there. The more options the better. I only feel bad for the kid who is a top level player that gets talked in to or presured into playing for a lower level or bad team.

Great point. A million kids play this sport now, and like all other sports the base of the pyramid has to be recreational or non-elite teams and players. It is important to have both higher and lower tier programs if lacrosse is going to flourish as a sport.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How narrow minded and pompous of you to degrade these schools. There is a school for everyone, and not necessarily ivy/patriot/top 10-15 D1. My son is not going to any school in this list. Is he going where we think he will have the best chances to succeed in the classroom and on the field? Yes, without a doubt. Do we think that his future coaches are top-notch and has our son's academic well-being as a top priority? Yes, without a doubt. Keep an open mind.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Oh come on. My brother went to Bryant College and majored in Naragansett Light and minored in reefer. In the 1960s families didn't waste money on 5th tier colleges and just went into a vocation. My brother did well for himself as a joke homebuilder but that had nothing to do with his college degree. But you are right, if you want a degree factory degree to play D1 bro lax go on.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Oh come on. My brother went to Bryant College and majored in Naragansett Light and minored in reefer. In the 1960s families didn't waste money on 5th tier colleges and just went into a vocation. My brother did well for himself as a joke homebuilder but that had nothing to do with his college degree. But you are right, if you want a degree factory degree to play D1 bro lax go on.

And the "Duke" commits will enjoy being fans of the game. They will have the best seats in the house while riding the pine. But dad will have a shirt to wear.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

He runs a good high school league in the fall. If he is a HS coach doing a club to give his kids opportunities to play in fall or summer, that is a good thing.

Generally speaking, more clubs means more opportunities for more kids, so that is good from the perspective of the kids in this area.

But ask the kids who play for his HS team whether or not he pressures them to play for whatever club team he's coaching.

Like Reply Quote
Page 8 of 86 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 85 86
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard