BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,175
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 25 of 29 1 2 23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Re: Boys Spring 2014 High School Varsity Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Agree 100%. SW had way more talent last year but that group was about their own stats. Complete disappointment. SE much better team play. Gotta think they will be favorite for County's the next 2 years.

Nobody cares about the county. Can they win the State?

Ask all the coaches and players if nobody cares about winning the most competitive public hs leauge. Any team that wins Suffolk A is the real deal!

If it's the most competitive public hs league (debatable) then winning the county should mean winning the state. IF you win the best county then by definition it would be a huge disappointment to then not win the state.

wrong wrong wrong - it is a great conference because of the depth of excellent teams - all those years that Manhasset won the state C titles did not make that a great conference it made them a great team in a weak conference, Mass won the states last year and that hardly made Nassau A a great conference. Nobody on LI would say that Nassau A was better then Suffolk A but they did produce the State Champions,

Agree about Manhasset. What have they done since moving to B? Nothing. They may never win another state championship unless they move back to C. But from what I hear about their demographics, they may move up to A sometime in the future.

Regardless, Nassau and Suffolk should just have ability based "super leagues" regardless of school size. The current system hurts the better teams come playoff time as they are lulled into thinking they are better than they really are because their record reflects nothing except that they won a lot of easy games.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agree 100%. SW had way more talent last year but that group was about their own stats. Complete disappointment. SE much better team play. Gotta think they will be favorite for County's the next 2 years.

Ask all the coaches and players if nobody cares about winning the most competitive public hs leauge. Any team that wins Suffolk A is the real deal!

If it's the most competitive public hs league (debatable) then winning the county should mean winning the state. IF you win the best county then by definition it would be a huge disappointment to then not win the state.

wrong wrong wrong - it is a great conference because of the depth of excellent teams - all those years that Manhasset won the state C titles did not make that a great conference it made them a great team in a weak conference, Mass won the states last year and that hardly made Nassau A a great conference. Nobody on LI would say that Nassau A was better then Suffolk A but they did produce the State Champions,

I guess what you are saying is supporting his argument. If you win Suffolk A you are by default considered the best team in the best conference so you should go all the way and if not then its a disappointing season and brings into question how good the conference is. What you are saying is that the Suffolk A champ is the best HS team out there because they won the best conference. But if they don't win the State then what does that say about the conference?

I think is still true. Suffolk a is the hardest to get to state champ. We also know any given day a team can be great but not quite click. Smithtown east had what it took to win states, but cam up a goal short. Does not prove pequa was a better team with a game that close. They had a better day. They deserved it. But smithtown east was a team equal in talent. We all know that who ever took long island took states. Now Nassau has some excellent teams, they are just not as deep as Suffolk.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
From what I recall, Pequa was in control of that game from the start until SE made a push at the very end. Really wasn't as close as the score suggests was it?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

By one goal! showing that LI rocks. both county champs, and all the runners up should be proud of their accomplishments. Many hard fought battles. For some [lacrosse] to minimize the accomplishments of any of the teams is just sad. Good luck to all the programs, looking forward to a great, competitive season!

Nobody ever remembers 2nd place. Just win baby.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The real problem is not letting nas play suf for the state title. Do what jersey does rank the teams and let them play a champion format.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

"Nobody ever remembers 2nd place. Just win baby."

First of all, County Champ is a first place honor. Being a former county and state champ, I can tell you that they are both very special accomplishments that myself, teammates and school cherish. These boys, coaches and school will always remember The excitement of Playing under the lights at Stony Brook to a packed crowd, Having articles written about them in Newsday, being honored with trophies at the Coaches association dinner. Having their game televised on MSG. And bringing the first County Championship honor to their school. Sorry you only have negative jabs to offer, the truth is the victory will be remembered as a highlight of many a kids life.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
From what I recall, Pequa was in control of that game from the start until SE made a push at the very end. Really wasn't as close as the score suggests was it?

From what I recall it was a one goal game and pequa got lucky at the end when shot went wide to open net.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I guess what you are saying is supporting his argument. If you win Suffolk A you are by default considered the best team in the best conference so you should go all the way and if not then its a disappointing season and brings into question how good the conference is. What you are saying is that the Suffolk A champ is the best HS team out there because they won the best conference. But if they don't win the State then what does that say about the conference?

two different arguments - I think most people would agree that the AFC north is the best division in the NFL with every team having a winning record and that NFC South is the worst division in the NFL with every team having a losing record, but if the Saints go on a run and win the Superbowl it does not make their division any better it makes the Saints the champions. Winning the Suffolk A's does not give you an automatic state champion but losing to the eventual state champions by one is no disgrace - no conference on LI can match the depth of Suffolk A and there is probably not a public school league in the country that can match the quality and depth of Suffolk A ( I am a parent of a player in Nassau A)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is not called luck. It is called good defense.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

two different arguments - I think most people would agree that the AFC north is the best division in the NFL with every team having a winning record and that NFC South is the worst division in the NFL with every team having a losing record, but if the Saints go on a run and win the Superbowl it does not make their division any better it makes the Saints the champions. Winning the Suffolk A's does not give you an automatic state champion but losing to the eventual state champions by one is no disgrace - no conference on LI can match the depth of Suffolk A and there is probably not a public school league in the country that can match the quality and depth of Suffolk A ( I am a parent of a player in Nassau A)

Nobody will ever remember the winner of the AFC North (Suffolk A). The only thing anybody will remotely remember is the Super Bowl Champ (Pequa).

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nobody will ever remember the winner of the AFC North (Suffolk A). The only thing anybody will remotely remember is the Super Bowl Champ (Pequa).

Forgotten already! But the county and state champ teams will always remember their accomplishments. Don't you know the real world doesn't remember any of this because they don't care about lacrosse? what is wrong with you insisting on minimizing the achievements of hardworking dedicated kids? Very sad.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is not called luck. It is called good defense.

Actually S town nearly tied the score because Pequa had no defense shot was wide open and went wide, like I said they got lucky because it should have went in being there was no defense to stop the shot. Now, that shot would have only tied the game, so we will never know what could have happened. Great, exiting game that could have easily gone either way. Happy for Pequa earning their first State Champ honor. Maybe we will get our turn one year! Good luck to all the teams playing this spring!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

you are losing the argument so you are changing the question, this started out as a discussion that Suffolk A was not the best conference because they didn't win the states last year, having abandoned that losing argument you are now saying nobody will remember them because that didn't win the states. maybe a valid point but not part of the original discussion. I stand by my statement that Suffolk is by far the deepest and best conference of any public league in the country

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I disagree in years to come some may question who even won. and will talk about the two smithtowns. But then again that conversation depends where you hail from.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Any teams doing the outdoor winter league in Hicksville?

I disagree in years to come some may question who even won. and will talk about the two smithtowns. But then again that conversation depends where you hail from.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you are talking championships since 2000 Nassau A has won twice, last year and in '11. Suffolk A has won '00,'01,'06,'07,'09,'10,'12 and '13. There have only been 3 teams to win a class a title since 2000. West Genesee has won 5. Farmingdale 1 and Pequa 1. Suffolk A has three teams to win multiple titles and one that has won once. If you are talking about quality of the conference the titles speak for themselves. Nassau has some nice teams, but the depth and real quality live out east

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you are talking championships since 2000 Nassau A has won twice, last year and in '11. Suffolk A has won '00,'01,'06,'07,'09,'10,'12 and '13. There have only been 3 teams to win a class a title since 2000. West Genesee has won 5. Farmingdale 1 and Pequa 1. Suffolk A has three teams to win multiple titles and one that has won once. If you are talking about quality of the conference the titles speak for themselves. Nassau has some nice teams, but the depth and real quality live out east

Sorry, I meant 3 teams not from suffolk

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

nonetheless, LI class A lax is going to be exciting this year. Many schools outside the traditional powers are gaining ground, and are hungry. Good luck to all!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

nonetheless, LI class A lax is going to be exciting this year. Many schools outside the traditional powers are gaining ground, and are hungry. Good luck to all!

Thanks for pointing out that Nassau A has won 2 of the past 4. Pendulum has swing from Suffolk being dominant toward the middle. Lets see if Nassau can swing it all the way to their side.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Cudos to two Nassau B teams testing themselves. Manhasset playing Boys' Latin and GC playing St. Pauls. How come the mighty Suffolk A powers don't test themselves against Maryland's best? Now that Suffolk A is no longer a power conference, they will have to test themselves with difficult non-conference games to prove they belong in the national conversation.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Great post! In the true spirit of LI Lacrosse, no matter which teams in A, B & C come "off the island" and enter the states, we should all be proud and cheer them on.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Cudos to two Nassau B teams testing themselves. Manhasset playing Boys' Latin and GC playing St. Pauls. How come the mighty Suffolk A powers don't test themselves against Maryland's best? Now that Suffolk A is no longer a power conference, they will have to test themselves with difficult non-conference games to prove they belong in the national conversation.

I fear for Manhasset in that one. Enemy territory with local "good ole' boy" refs. Oy.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Many of Suffolk A went to the Boys Latin Summer showcase in July. Excellent tourney with top teams from all over the country. Well tested
....BL took a beating from some Suffolk "A" teams....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WM vs Smithtown W scrimmage on Saturday...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Where? West will lose bad

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

WOW a scrimmage in December that means a lot

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Errr.,. You mean Team Smithtown v Patriot Gold right? NYSPHAA rules.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any one have schedule this sun for bayshore League?
Thanks

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
baysore and islip league, Any one have results for weekend
?????

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
?????

Whitman beat WI A team- Whitman has best goalie in Suffolk and a dominate face off kid. They have potential to be in any game they play with that combo.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
?????

Whitman beat WI A team- Whitman has best goalie in Suffolk and a dominate face off kid. They have potential to be in any game they play with that combo.

hahaha we will see. lets see what happens when they go up against the big boys!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

heard it went very bad for west, they need a new coach!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
?????

WW has not lost all fall- wins over Smithtown West and West Islip along with a few middle of the road wins (ESM, Comswewogue etx) They always play SE tough- lost by 1 last year and could have won.

Not saying they will win anything or even a playoff game- just a dark horse to watch out for. Like I said with the face off and goaltending they have- combined with solid midfield play they are dangerous.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
?????

best goalie in suffolk is at sachem east

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sachem north and whitman kids are both real good - sachem east good but not close to other two -

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
?????

WW has not lost all fall- wins over Smithtown West and West Islip along with a few middle of the road wins (ESM, Comswewogue etx) They always play SE tough- lost by 1 last year and could have won.

Not saying they will win anything or even a playoff game- just a dark horse to watch out for. Like I said with the face off and goaltending they have- combined with solid midfield play they are dangerous.

Could be, we'll see who wants it soon enough. That's what's great about lax. Should be an exciting season!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
?????

From what I heard WI will have their toughest year in a very long time, like losing record tough. Whitman is good team. Any idea who their out of league games may be against ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
?????

Never heard of them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SM East and Ward Melville also have multiple strong FO guys. All these kids trained by shomo so the playing filed is pretty level

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Point is not WW is as good as Smith E and WM- Think they are tops going into spring. But WW along with Sachem North and East, Hills west and east, West Islip, Northport, Smith west and Connetquot Can all have a good spring and pull a upset. Not sure about bayshore, EI, Riverhead and Commack.

Page 25 of 29 1 2 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

Link Copied to Clipboard