BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Re: Cascade R helmets not certified
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
http://r.cascadelacrosse.com/

looks like Cascade worked it out so that customers can send Rs in to be re fabricated

Not a simple fix, but a fix none the less! And costly to Cascade, but not my problem!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

looks like Cascade worked it out so that customers can send Rs in to be re fabricated

Not a simple fix, but a fix none the less! And costly to Cascade, but not my problem!

if the retro fit changes the feel or look - will people be able to get their money back. This could be a nightmare. Kids loved the look and some liked the feel. if either change it is not what they purchased.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It sounds like a simple fix. From reading their statement it sounds like they are putting an extra cushion in helmet. The biggest cost ( which will be a lot) will be shipping it looks like.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ah, the soothing sounds of sirens and smell of rats from the Delaware bar. Get out your shine box, class action time baby. Victim Nation.

Couldn't agree more. Cascade seemed to be doing the right thing from start. Now they have a fix and everyone can send theirs in and get fixed. Of course there is an inconvenience of it but a lawsuit???
Guarantee that the individuals owners get less than 50 dollars each if that and lawyers get 500 thousand plus.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Now I heard the STX Stallion helmets lab data was incorrect and will soon be decertified. Is this true?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That would be funny because I have been getting E mails from all the lacrosse equipment websites saying they have hundreds of stx helmets in stock and ready to ship.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

if the retro fit changes the feel or look - will people be able to get their money back. This could be a nightmare. Kids loved the look and some liked the feel. if either change it is not what they purchased.

Padding in this helmet sucks and always did. I custom formed orthotic open cell padding that is more comfy than a temperpedic mattress.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah, that's real smart Mcgiver. Put dense foam that was not designed to take a impact and rattle the kids brain.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Padding in this helmet sucks and always did. I custom formed orthotic open cell padding that is more comfy than a temperpedic mattress.

I bet if they bothered to inspect it, it would be called illegal to use it. As modified, it would not be A certified helmet. So take off your sticker. Lol

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ah, the soothing sounds of sirens and smell of rats from the Delaware bar. Get out your shine box, class action time baby. Victim Nation.

Couldn't agree more. Cascade seemed to be doing the right thing from start. Now they have a fix and everyone can send theirs in and get fixed. Of course there is an inconvenience of it but a lawsuit???
Guarantee that the individuals owners get less than 50 dollars each if that and lawyers get 500 thousand plus.

Doing the right thing? They put out a helmet that failed NOCSAE standards yet claimed to pass... that seems like a slam dunk for any legal team with a class action lawsuit or individual ones for players that had serious injury while wearing it.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
anybody look into college ice hockey helmets? box lax helmets? they seem to do the job? any input?

For what? The Cascade R does the job just fine for the game of lacrosse. You know anyone who got seriously hurt using one?

You don't want to go there. They are having their own set of issues. Read this....

http://laxallstars.com/hot-pot-problem-box-lacrosse-helmets/

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
STX stallion is noticably heavier than the R.

I finally got my hands on a Stallion as well as a CPX-R and could not tell the difference in weight.

In other words, if there is a difference in weight, it is not significant.

The Stallion definitely is not as heavy as a football helmet.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I finally got my hands on a Stallion as well as a CPX-R and could not tell the difference in weight.

to bad Ive heard unofficially anyone caught wearing one will be thought of differently

Like Reply Quote
Chief Admin
Chief Admin
CASCADE LACROSSE ANNOUNCES SOLUTION FOR CASCADE R HELMET

Cascade Lacrosse has reached an agreement with the National Operating Committee on Standards for Athletic Equipment (NOCSAE) on a solution for the recently decertified Cascade R helmet.

The solution will involve a simple modification to Cascade R helmets currently in the marketplace. NOCSAE has accepted the solution. Cascade's data confirms the helmet, as modified by this solution, meets NOCSAE certification standards. For NOCSAE certification purposes, the modified helmet is treated as a new model, identified as the Cascade R-M, although it will continue to be marketed by Cascade under the Cascade R name. Moving forward all newly manufactured Cascade R-M helmets will be certified as meeting the NOCSAE standards. A tamper-resistant sticker will be placed on all modified helmets as well as on newly manufactured Cascade R-M helmets to differentiate them from non-certified Cascade R models. Model R helmets that have not been ofifcially modified by Cascade do not meet NOCSAE standards and certification will remain void.

Cascade will make the modification to existing helmets at its Liverpool, N.Y. facility beginning December 16, 2014. The modification will be free of charge for consumers and retailers, including shipping.

"We are extremely pleased that Cascade and NOCSAE have reached an agreement to modify existing Cascade R helmets and put helmets back in play for our loyal customers," said Tim Ellsworth, Global Business Director, Cascade Lacrosse. "We have been working closely with NOCSAE and will work diligently to ensure that all Cascade R helmets returned are modified as quickly as possible. We thank everyone for their patience and support."

To fully reinstate the NOCSAE license, which was suspended in conjunction with the R model decertification, Cascade is cooperating with a review by NOCSAE of certification data for all of its models, and is having a third-party audit of Cascade's quality assurance and quality control (QA/QC) processes.

Cascade is currently finalizing its own internal audit and expects the third-party QA/QC audit to be completed by December 18, 2014. NOCSAE will partially reinstate Cascade's license agreement for the production of new Cascade R-M helmets upon demonstratiion of satisfactory audit results fr its QA/QC processes. The license agreement will be fully restored for other Cascade models upon demonstrating that such models certified by Cascade are supported by necessary data.

Cascade is also currently reviewing test results for all of its lacrosse helmets to ensure they meet both Cascade and NOCSAE standards.

Thank you,

Cascade Lacrosse

Click HERE for More Information On Completing The Cascade R Modification Process

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

to bad Ive heard unofficially anyone caught wearing one will be thought of differently

What does that mean? Its a helmet!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Again, I will remind the forum . This is NOT Bill Brine's Cascade. This is PSG

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Again, I will remind the forum . This is NOT Bill Brine's Cascade. This is PSG

So what.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah, that's real smart Mcgiver. Put dense foam that was not designed to take a impact and rattle the kids brain.

Guess again. As a manufacturer of military and industrial related safety equipment i think we know what we are doing. Good day!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I took a good look at my kid's R before I put it in the box and I can see that at the middle top of the helmet there is no padding. Well, there's a thin layer of foam, but the Seven padding is not there at all. I can see why the R failed the top of head impact tests. In retrospect its pretty obvious.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Guess again. As a manufacturer of military and industrial related safety equipment i think we know what we are doing. Good day!

I think the point here is, even if you have used all your talents and created the safest helmet known to man, your kid can't wear it in any sanctioned event unless it gets refurbished and re-certified by Cascade.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think the point here is, even if you have used all your talents and created the safest helmet known to man, your kid can't wear it in any sanctioned event unless it gets refurbished and re-certified by Cascade.

If it was inspected, it would be deemed non conforming. And God forbid it if you kid got hurt!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wasn't looking to create the safest helmet known to man. I was only criticizing the quality and FEEL of the current padding PRIOR to the decert of the R. I plan on getting my kids helmet re-certified.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
OKay mcgiver, may I retorte. Anybody stupid enough to modify their child's helmet without having any experience designing and safety testing sports helmets is a moron.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So does that make the people at cascade morons because they have experience and built one and marketed one that fails. Seems to me this guys helmet would do the same exact job. Might even be safer. Again the other poster said it correct. There is not a helmet on the market in any sport that will stop head injuries.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ridiculous

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What part is ridiculous?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'd like Cascade to publish their test data for the modified helmet. STX has published its data and it looks good. After all this trouble, Cascade should be transparent and let the world know its passing data. I'd like to be able to compare apples to apples with the new STX helmet.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'd like Cascade to publish their test data for the modified helmet. STX has published its data and it looks good. After all this trouble, Cascade should be transparent and let the world know its passing data. I'd like to be able to compare apples to apples with the new STX helmet.

Ha ha. Let it rest. The test data is meaningless in the on-field environment and this charade was a farce. Go ahead and buy an STX if it soothes your helicopter parenting gene.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ha ha. Let it rest. The test data is meaningless in the on-field environment and this charade was a farce. Go ahead and buy an STX if it soothes your helicopter parenting gene.

NOSCOE made such a big deal about 4 small pieces of foam. Looks like it wasn't even necessary. STX definitely had friends on the NOSCOE board and wanted a coup on the lax helmet world. Thanks cascade for resolving the issue quick.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ageed. Please give us some data on head injuries to the "many" players wearing the R helmet, or Warrior for that matter. STX/Nike/Shupp, all have influence on the NOCSAE board. Smacks of collusion.

Cascade has responded professionally. So long as the modified helmets meet NOCSAE standards and they are cleared for competition, let the games begin.

Although, this whole experience has made me question the legitimacy of the NOCSAE board.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ageed. Please give us some data on head injuries to the "many" players wearing the R helmet, or Warrior for that matter. STX/Nike/Shupp, all have influence on the NOCSAE board. Smacks of collusion.

Cascade has responded professionally. So long as the modified helmets meet NOCSAE standards and they are cleared for competition, let the games begin.

Although, this whole experience has made me question the legitimacy of the NOCSAE board.

Agreed

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I will say this. Shipped my sons R out on saturday. They got it tuesday and it was returned to me tonight. All recertified. That was quick

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Same here. Received by Cascade on Wednesday and back at the house today. Padding added and certification sticker attached. Amazing turnaround, although I suspect it might slow a bit as the wave of helmets hits them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Same here. Fast and efficient! Good recovery by Cascade.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
From the amount of padding they put in my sons r helmet to make it comply, I think some of the other company's were boo hooing because cascade was selling so many helmets. And it's funny how all these online company's selling lacrosse gear all of a sudden had hundreds of STX helmets in stock and ready to ship.....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Same here. Received by Cascade on Wednesday and back at the house today. Padding added and certification sticker attached. Amazing turnaround, although I suspect it might slow a bit as the wave of helmets hits them.

Did the added padding affect the fit at all? Where did they add it? We sent ours out Wed so Im hoping next week sometime although with Xmas probably not.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
From the amount of padding they put in my sons r helmet to make it comply, I think some of the other company's were boo hooing because cascade was selling so many helmets. And it's funny how all these online company's selling lacrosse gear all of a sudden had hundreds of STX helmets in stock and ready to ship.....

Ha! So true. Just take a look at the photos in the most recent IL or Lacrosse magazine and it's clear how dominant the R is at the highest level of the game. For anyone who thinks that this cluster was about helmet safety, well there's a bridge that you can buy as well.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sent out helmet on Tues, got it back on Thur. Padding does not affect fit.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wonder what STX is gonna do now. Looks like their marketing people are not going to have a great holiday after all!

Like Reply Quote
Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard