BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 7 of 86 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 85 86
Re: MadLax Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2022 madlax teams looks like the team to beat this year at this age.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Anyone know why VLC 2019 is apparently playing as an A team this weekend at the Greene Turtle? They're matched up against what seems like a weak Greene Turtle squad (based on last weekend's Madlax fall tournament results), team 302 (Delaware), and the Madlax 2019 Blues.

They did the same thing this past weekend at NPYLL event in Aberdeen. Doesn't make sense

At the NPYLL event, I wonder if it was because the tournament organizers wanted to accommodate Deep Dish Green Line, C2C, the Canadian Edge teams, and any others wanting to play at AA who had to come a long distance? Edge ended up winning both at 2019 AA and A.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Over 2022 Arden Diamondbacks?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
At the NPYLL event, I wonder if it was because the tournament organizers wanted to accommodate Deep Dish Green Line, C2C, the Canadian Edge teams, and any others wanting to play at AA who had to come a long distance? Edge ended up winning both at 2019 AA and A. [/quote]

I doubt it. They played in the B division in both Green Turtle and NPYLL Fall Event last year as well.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maybe they were missing some kids, but didn't they lose 2 out of 3 at Aberdeen? Crabs won the A bracket over Philly Freedom.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is why I let Madlax rob my pocket book every 3 months. I call it a "drama free" upcharge.

Starting to sound more and more like some NOVA families are paying to Freedom and VLC youth team club rates to play Great Falls plus neighbor towns rec ball. What used to be $300 can be $1500 for the same thing on the same field except for one Hogan tournament a season. That is a lot of money for what it is. With Madlax it is run like a club for the club rates or upcharge.

You are really love this website, Mr. Stewart.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
At the NPYLL event, I wonder if it was because the tournament organizers wanted to accommodate Deep Dish Green Line, C2C, the Canadian Edge teams, and any others wanting to play at AA who had to come a long distance? Edge ended up winning both at 2019 AA and A.

I doubt it. They played in the B division in both Green Turtle and NPYLL Fall Event last year as well. [/quote]

Well, per this point the U13AA team went 1-5 last year in the NPYLL, and the U15 team 2-3. So despite the local perception here that VLC remains a powerhouse program, perhaps that is no longer true or that any rate the youth program is not attracting the talent it did in the past.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Better than Hawks and Roughriders?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maybe they were missing some kids, but didn't they lose 2 out of 3 at Aberdeen? Crabs won the A bracket over Philly Freedom.

If Crabs won the tourney with Madlax in the field of comp as well, I think the pecking order is Hawks, BLC, Roughriders, Crabs, then Madlax. I realize this is including 2 teams from DC area, but from what we saw, RRiders & Crabs 2022 better than Madlax. But, as they say, that's why they play the games.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Better than Hawks and Roughriders?

Roughriders not very good

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2022 teams will have a roster turn over of like 75% over the next 4 years why even try to guess which team is the best?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If Crabs won the tourney with Madlax in the field of comp as well, I think the pecking order is Hawks, BLC, Roughriders, Crabs, then Madlax. I realize this is including 2 teams from DC area, but from what we saw, RRiders & Crabs 2022 better than Madlax. But, as they say, that's why they play the games.

Crabs won with a split madlax teams there and the top 2022 teams not playing in tourney.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Crabs won with a split madlax teams there and the top 2022 teams not playing in tourney.

Last year it was Breakers & Hawks in NPYLL 2022 championship. Diamondbacks were undefeated going into tourney - breakers beat them. Madlax beat Hawks at GT invite this year. Hawks beat crabs at GT invite. Hawks beat cannons and club blue at fall brawl. Crabs beat bethesda and Madlax at autumn classic. Looks like a lot of even competition.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have no connection with Diamondbacks, but they won some tough games this Summer against older kids. The Breakers U11A team that beat them in NPYLL playoff was not a 2022 team.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Dbacks 2022 have never lost to a hawks team not in npyll or any other tournament. See you in 2 weeks

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by MDlaxer
Dbacks 2022 have never lost to a hawks team not in npyll or any other tournament. See you in 2 weeks

Summer, Fall, and Winter are to prepare for NPYLL in the spring. Nothing else really matters.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have no connection with Diamondbacks, but they won some tough games this Summer against older kids. The Breakers U11A team that beat them in NPYLL playoff was not a 2022 team.

Breakers were half first year U11 players and half second year U11 players.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is why I let Madlax rob my pocket book every 3 months. I call it a "drama free" upcharge.

Starting to sound more and more like some NOVA families are paying to Freedom and VLC youth team club rates to play Great Falls plus neighbor towns rec ball. What used to be $300 can be $1500 for the same thing on the same field except for one Hogan tournament a season. That is a lot of money for what it is. With Madlax it is run like a club for the club rates or upcharge.

You are really love this website, Mr. Stewart.

Ok, please stop with the Mr. Stewart garbage. No one even knows what that means. Venturing a guess it is a fanatical madlax dad, but who cares, and frankly it makes you sound bat **** crazy

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You most certainly do know who that is.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You most certainly do know who that is.

Time for the Stewarts and the Beckwiths to go get their own thread to talk about Madlax and VLC backstories. Both make their programs look like a sad and pathetic club and takes attention away from a focus on kids and the sport. With parents like those youth sports is no fun for anyone. Yes, I am a Madlax dad and yes I am tired of it from both sides of the aisle. Madlax had the ungrateful quitter once and now VLC has that drama queen family to deal with. That is done with and THE REST OF US WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE IT if these maliciouos Great Falls country club moms and dads could take it somewhere else now.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree with this 100%. I would like the 2 clubs to get along. I am a man who likes options. I would like them both to be good and beating up teams from Balt.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree with this 100%. I would like the 2 clubs to get along. I am a man who likes options. I would like them both to be good and beating up teams from Balt.

Amen from a VLC parent. Enough of this. Most of us who have kids in these programs weren't involved in the teams from that year that caused all this hate and chilish parents who seem to love trashing others. Does it occur to many of you that some of our kids read this? Time for Madlax and VLC business as usual to change and have some class.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who has the best 2019 team out of all of these teams

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Probably Madlax, but possibly Bethesda Lacrosse Club.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Probably Madlax, but possibly Bethesda Lacrosse Club.

Unless their has been some shake up since last year, the best teams were:
Crabs (NPYLL Champs)and Madlax (barely lost in NPYLL Championship).

Other teams with good records were Hawks & Cannons, but the Crabs and Madlax were just a bit better.

The Hoco teams to watch were FCA & Rock.

Bethesda was 4-3 last year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think he was trying to say which two teams are the best optoins for someone in NOVA to play for at 2019? if that is the case he is correct if you can do the drive the next best option in Beth.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think he was trying to say which two teams are the best optoins for someone in NOVA to play for at 2019? if that is the case he is correct if you can do the drive the next best option in Beth.

3d (old fuze) has been putting a lot of money into coaches and marketing/recruiting - so I expect them to be competitive quickly.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well I can see your point it will be hard to be the best because there will always be a impression that the Ashburn or Loundon kids will be taken over the kids not from there. And thats what puts teams over the top when you can get kids to drive more then 20 mins to get to pratice.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Have you guys seen any star 2019 players in the dc area. and who do they play for I'm seeing what team to tryout for.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax has many stars. At least 2 attack, 2 mids, both FOGO, d middie, lsm, 2 d, stud goalie. When healthy, maybe best 2019 team in country. Solid everywhere.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Perfectly legal team Breakers had last year. Diamondbacks need to stop whining any time they lose. Really lame and poor example. Get over it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Perfectly legal team Breakers had last year. Diamondbacks need to stop whining any time they lose. Really lame and poor example. Get over it.

Agree. Any time Diamondbacks 2022 lose they have an excuse. It doesn't happen often but when it does the coaches act like big babies. It's a joke. No team wins all the time. Get some resilience! Whiners!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agree. Any time Diamondbacks 2022 lose they have an excuse. It doesn't happen often but when it does the coaches act like big babies. It's a joke. No team wins all the time. Get some resilience! Whiners!

Agreed. Diamondbacks were a bunch of moaners when they lost. You would have thought it was a NCAA final four game. Funny stuff.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't think anyone was whining. We were talking about who would be strong 2022 teams this Fall and 2015 and it was noted that the 2014 Spring/Summer Breakers team was not a pure 2022 team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't think anyone was whining. We were talking about who would be strong 2022 teams this Fall and 2015 and it was noted that the 2014 Spring/Summer Breakers team was not a pure 2022 team.

Whining is when you lose and make excuses such as Breakers weren't a 2022 team. Which is true, Breakers never claimed to be a 2022 team,they had tryouts as U11 and were a true U11A team that played exactly where they were supposed to in a screwed up Grade/age combo based NPYLL last year. If the Diamondbacks were all true age 2022, they should be happy as they beat the Breakers in regular season and lost in a competitive game in Championship series.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We're signed up for some winter clinics after going through all the email solicitations. Signed our sons up for one Madlax clinic each. We are not a Madlax or a VLC family, and I know this is the sore old topic. How did VLC go down the tubes so perfectly and so fast since the "hey ungrateful quitter" event? Then we would have guessed Madlax might as well fold their tents and go home, but now I see Madlax youth teams running everyone over and their events and clinics are bigger than ever. VLC's solicitation for winter training is one of the few that is outdoors in December and January, is expensive and does not emphasize any positional coaching or instruction for FOGO, goalie, defense or offense. Are the two remaining non-parent coaches really the town high school coach and the neighboring town rec league coach? Sure I looked at costs, and sure Madlax items are more expensive than the VLC expensive, but the offerings are impressive.

I know VLC has a couple of good HS teams, made up mostly of kids who started out at Madlax, and commits on those teams. But their programs and youth teams are barely above Fairfax County rec league AA teams, they play in second tier divisions or tournaments and have a very thin coaching staff. Two or three non-parent coaches in the program? What happened to VLC?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ms
We're signed up for some winter clinics after going through all the email solicitations. Signed our sons up for one Madlax clinic each. We are not a Madlax or a VLC family, and I know this is the sore old topic. How did VLC go down the tubes so perfectly and so fast since the "hey ungrateful quitter" event? Then we would have guessed Madlax might as well fold their tents and go home, but now I see Madlax youth teams running everyone over and their events and clinics are bigger than ever. VLC's solicitation for winter training is one of the few that is outdoors in December and January, is expensive and does not emphasize any positional coaching or instruction for FOGO, goalie, defense or offense. Are the two remaining non-parent coaches really the town high school coach and the neighboring town rec league coach? Sure I looked at costs, and sure Madlax items are more expensive than the VLC expensive, but the offerings are impressive.

I know VLC has a couple of good HS teams, made up mostly of kids who started out at Madlax, and commits on those teams. But their programs and youth teams are barely above Fairfax County rec league AA teams, they play in second tier divisions or tournaments and have a very thin coaching staff. Two or three non-parent coaches in the program? What happened to VLC?

Like anything else, being the Madlax alternative can only take you so far before you have to provide value. Since his kid was moving on, dad founder recognized that antiMadlax couldn't carry VLC any further and "sold out" to the Crabs. Sadly, with increased competition Crabs model is wobbling in Baltimore and King Crab has done nothing in NOVA.

Now that 2015 team has graduated/disbanded, what's left, a decent, not great 2017 team? Rest of teams are mediocre to poor, some playing B level. It is going to be very hard to recover from the consistently poor showings on the field by current VLC teams.
Watch for 3d to be next big thing as landscape changes.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is shocking how many great players just walked out of VLC 2016 & 2017 to stock the ponds at Blackwolf and to some extent 3d. I'm talking about high level D1 prospects changing clubs during the recruiting years on the teams coming after that incredible VLC 2015 team. VLC seemed to be on the cusp of running everyone over in 2013 and one year later is basically the new Next Level. How and why did it all fall apart? Ex-VLC parents I know just smirk and say "no comment". Does anyone know the real story here?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hard for 3d to get players from all over the region when their practice fields are in outer Loudon County.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hard for 3d to get players from all over the region when their practice fields are in outer Loudon County.

Amen. If you live inside the beltway its just too far to go in rush hour traffic. I know a kid from Vienna who plays goalie on their U15 team, and its a real time commitment to practice in Leesburg even from there.

Like Reply Quote
Page 7 of 86 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 85 86
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard