BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Re: Cascade R helmets not certified
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Let's be clear here. Cascade was acquired by Bauer. This is not the company that Lacrosse has known & loved for the past 28 years. This is a publicly traded corporation who's only concerns are to their shareholders.

Not accurate, Cascade is owned by Performance Sports Group. This company also owns other brands including Bauer and Maverik.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What irks me about the situation is that Cascade sold a bill of goods tha it could not deliver on. After STX published its results, NOCSAE did its own testing and found the helmets did not pass the certification standards. Cascade couldn't provide NOCSAE with the required test data (I don't know if they didn't run all the tests or whether they lost the results) so NOCSAE pulled their cert. That worked as it should and I have no problem with that.

Now, however, Cascade is shipping NOTHING. Not the CPR-X, not the Pro7. Nothing. Its going to be several weeks before they resume shipping, if they do. To me (and I believe to NOCSAE) this raises a big red flag that other helmets in the Cascade product line don't pass muster either. Maybe we'll know something by the end of the year. Or maybe not. I predict that there is going to be a big scramble for certified helmets pretty soon. I hope Cascade gets their certification straightened out because the mess that will result if they don't could be awfully problematic.

I seems to me that at the very least equipment manufacturers should have to provide data to NOCSEA up front, prior to certification.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't agree that STX is the bad guy. I can see where the "dirty rush" advertising doesn't sit well, but its Cascade that certified a product that didn't make the NOCSAE grade. Sure, STX stands to benefit and sure STX called attention to the problem, but still, they didn't create the problem. The R didn't pass NOCSAE's own testing and from what I read, Cascade couldn't produce the paperwork from its own testing to show where it did. I believe the NOCSAE standard that the R failed had been in place since 2004. I don't see where STX is guilty of anything but perhaps bad taste.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's about time! Tournaments and showcases can now proceed. Whew that was unpleasant huh?!?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's about time! Tournaments and showcases can now proceed. Whew that was unpleasant huh?!?

With the Stallion!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What does that mean?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
http://www.sginews.com/EMS_Base/EMS...ce-sports-group-over-cascade-helmet.aspx

Check out the link above.... NOCSAE is suing Cascade/PSG/bauer

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's about time for what? Has this been resolved?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bye bye Cascade.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That suit was filed on 12/4 and actually withdrawn on 12/5

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Cascade was sued on December 4th, which was the same day last week which NOCSAE filed a federal court lawsuit against them. The Cascade statement failed to disclose this, and Cascade has not disclosed it or addressed it since Dec 4th.

This is way beyond a problem with the helmet, PSG and Cascade have misled consumers and lied about their status being a temporary paperwork problem.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The one against Cascade was withdrawn. The one against Warrior was not. Warrior has been pretty quiet through all this and Nocsae says they're still shipping decerted helmets. My WAG is that because Cascade agreed to stop shipping, Nocsae didn't need that lawsuit.

The troubling thing is that in March 2014 Nocsae told Cascade its R was bad and nobody did nothing. I know I bought our son's after March. Cascade really needs a good spanking.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That suit was filed on 12/4 and actually withdrawn on 12/5

Do you have a link to that?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is really getting stranger and stranger. This case against Cascade (Performance Lacrosse Group) was withdrawn on December 9th (yesterday).

Also on December 4th, NOCSAE sued Warrior Sports in the same court and that case remains open. I don't have copies of the lawsuits.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
they filed the motion to dismiss on the 5th an the judge signed the order on the 9th. not unusual for there to be a delay like that.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is a lot of fishy things going on with NOCSAE and STX. Isn't it a little weird that STX hired some independent company to test out all of their competitors helmets, and found that almost all of them have failed. The results were published months ago, and nothing really happened till the new STX Stallion helmet came out. What's also really interesting is that STX has partnered up with Schutt, and they also have a partnership with Nike. Why does that matter, well Schutt and Nike have people who are on the board of NOCSAE. To top it all off the recall was placed close to Black Friday, a day that most major lacrosse retailers would have a nice discount for someone to buy a new helmet.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes that is accurate. It can be found on the NOCSAE website

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wake up sheep. It's all planned to screw Cascade. NOCSAE noard member have a direct conflict of interest here. Have your own independent view and it's clear it's bull shite.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is a lot of fishy things going on with NOCSAE and STX. Isn't it a little weird that STX hired some independent company to test out all of their competitors helmets, and found that almost all of them have failed. The results were published months ago, and nothing really happened till the new STX Stallion helmet came out. What's also really interesting is that STX has partnered up with Schutt, and they also have a partnership with Nike. Why does that matter, well Schutt and Nike have people who are on the board of NOCSAE. To top it all off the recall was placed close to Black Friday, a day that most major lacrosse retailers would have a nice discount for someone to buy a new helmet.

I have smelled the same fish since the story broke. Which is why I continue to believe that any law suits forthcoming (particularly ones coming from the kid who used an old helmet in Wellington FL and was airlifted to the hospital) should be directed squarely at NOCSAE.

In a word, COLLUSION.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Schutt and Nike do each have a member on the board, but the other 14 members (the majority) of the board are mostly medical professional who have no skin in this game.
The recent Inside Lacrosse article is a very easy to follow breakdown of the situation that does a great job of stating facts and touches on the timeline: http://www.insidelacrosse.com/article/what-is-nocsae-why-are-the-r-regulator-decertified-/30264

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Schutt and Nike do each have a member on the board, but the other 14 members (the majority) of the board are mostly medical professional who have no skin in this game.
The recent Inside Lacrosse article is a very easy to follow breakdown of the situation that does a great job of stating facts and touches on the timeline: http://www.insidelacrosse.com/article/what-is-nocsae-why-are-the-r-regulator-decertified-/30264

And I suppose you trusted that you could keep your own doctor and Benghazi wasn't a terrorist attack. Or that the bail out was a good idea. C'mon dude wake up will you.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you think Nike and Schutt have no influence on the NOCSAE board beyond their 2 votes your a complete idiot.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And if you still think its a "fitting guide mistake" and that the R didn't really fail testing than you are as well.

I've used Cascade all my life, but the facts are that the R failed. I'm interested in knowing if its an issue with all their products as based on the Inside Lacrosse article it seems like NOCSAE will be having them tested as well. Cascade has been very quiet and in my mind has a lot of explaining to do

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And if you still think its a "fitting guide mistake" and that the R didn't really fail testing than you are as well.

I've used Cascade all my life, but the facts are that the R failed. I'm interested in knowing if its an issue with all their products as based on the Inside Lacrosse article it seems like NOCSAE will be having them tested as well. Cascade has been very quiet and in my mind has a lot of explaining to do

Didn't the STX advertisement show that another Cascade helmet failed at a high percentage? Not enough to decertify I guess, but it was a high number. There would seem to be a need to retest everything, even if STX is colluding to kill off the competition.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Didn't the STX advertisement show that another Cascade helmet failed at a high percentage? Not enough to decertify I guess, but it was a high number. There would seem to be a need to retest everything, even if STX is colluding to kill off the competition.

Didn't the test show that STX also had some high numbers as well? close enough to failing that with high probability a number of helmets will fail. No helmet will prevent a concussion.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There are two types of people in this world bucket heads and pin heads. My son is a bucket head. The silver lining to this issue is that my son has borrowed a buddy's Pro7 during this debacle and has learned that this helmet is much more comfortable on his ginormous bucket head. He has been very uncomfortable with his R all year as it seems to of been designed for pin heads.

just my $0.02

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

the two fileds/links on the site do not work

email us about this case
alert me to this case

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
United States Lacrosse (“USL”), the governing body of lacrosse in the United States, warned coaches, parents, and players not to use the Cascade Model R helmets or allow them to be worn in games. USL further alerted tournament officials to remove any player wearing a Cascade Model R helmet.......wish they would be take their own age guidelines as seriously they do the helmet issue. Makes one wonder if there's more to the story.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It was going to happen. Just a bit surprised at how soon. When you're in a sport with a lot of parents that are lawyers you run risks. IMO Cascade has bungled this thing. They were told in March they had a problem and apparently didn't react. They could have fixed it between then and now and it wouldn't have put the whole community into a tail spin. And they keep claiming that its not a safety issue but a certification issue.

How long will it take to manufacture, distribute and install 100,000 retrofits? I don't see any possibility that even if they were approved today that they could have it done by the beginning of the season.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It was going to happen. Just a bit surprised at how soon. When you're in a sport with a lot of parents that are lawyers you run risks. IMO Cascade has bungled this thing. They were told in March they had a problem and apparently didn't react. They could have fixed it between then and now and it wouldn't have put the whole community into a tail spin. And they keep claiming that its not a safety issue but a certification issue.

How long will it take to manufacture, distribute and install 100,000 retrofits? I don't see any possibility that even if they were approved today that they could have it done by the beginning of the season.

Imagine this came out in March would there have been no 2104 season.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ah, the soothing sounds of sirens and smell of rats from the Delaware bar. Get out your shine box, class action time baby. Victim Nation.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do you think coinsidering the circumstance that a lot of people are going to switch over to the Stallion before the season? Will they have enough if people start ordering?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just an FYI:

My son's CPX-R was re-certified by Riddell and has the NOCSAE sticker on it. High School sent helmets out at the end of last season and were just returned.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
CPX-R never lost its cert

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
anybody look into college ice hockey helmets? box lax helmets? they seem to do the job? any input?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
anybody look into college ice hockey helmets? box lax helmets? they seem to do the job? any input?

For what? The Cascade R does the job just fine for the game of lacrosse. You know anyone who got seriously hurt using one?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I haven't been able to find an answer when a particular helmet needs to be recertified/reconditioned, but here's an article about it. Recertification doesn't mean just certifying helmets that had been decertified (like the R), but helmets that are older, like the CPX-R or the Pro7. Maybe reconditioned is a better word. The second article below talks about the reconditioning process for helmets (football) and limitations on it.

http://www.insidelacrosse.com/article/be-smart-parents-the-life-of-a-helmet/21910

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/high...b982bbc-7513-5e7e-9be4-54b225e4aa5b.html

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
there is no such thing as a concussion proof helmet. A heavier helmet does not mean that it is more protective. take a look at football, those heavy helmets are practically weapons. Ridell tried to get into the lacrosse helmet production, and they claimed with all of their NFL statistics and technology, they produced a concussion proof helmet. turns out that it wasnt. Lacrosse and football helmets need to differentiate because of the different impact speeds and zones.
I would not use a hockey helmet to play lacrosse in. Hockey helmets are designed for a different types of impact compared to lacrosse. the two sports are played at different speeds and space.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
http://r.cascadelacrosse.com/

looks like Cascade worked it out so that customers can send Rs in to be re fabricated

Like Reply Quote
Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard