BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,621
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 6 of 17 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 16 17
Re: Boys 2025 Fall 2014/Summer 2015
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Two things true about this site. Full of some of the wealthiest people . Also full of some of the dumbest.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
That would be Mr. [lacrosse] to you. I don't work in a plant , and my finances are better than yours I can tell you that. Just because I have $$ doesn't mean I have to throw it away. Memories ? You really think your 8 yr old is going to remember this ? Not as much as you will lining the pockets of smart businessmen. And BTW I coach my sons PAL team and I did play D1 at a top school. I guess our team is just lucky.

And now it's a who is a more arrogant [lacrosse] contest. I'm sure the top D1 school you attended would be so proud that their alumnus is posting how lucky 2nd graders are to be coached by a graduate from that fine institution. You are the definition of a tool.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That would be Mr. [lacrosse] to you. I don't work in a plant , and my finances are better than yours I can tell you that. Just because I have $$ doesn't mean I have to throw it away. Memories ? You really think your 8 yr old is going to remember this ? Not as much as you will lining the pockets of smart businessmen. And BTW I coach my sons PAL team and I did play D1 at a top school. I guess our team is just lucky.

Sure you did at a top school! Right. I'm sure it must have been great for you now as you kill it on the street and I'm so convinced .. I'll call you Mr. D1,
And your kids must be so awesome with you as coach.. I don't think you will mind though if I trust my own judgement and not yours. [lacrosse]!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I am Elmer J Fudd millionaire I went to a D1 school for lax and I own a mansion and a yacht! And on the side I am a great PAL lax coach! And I decree that anyone who has a 2nd grade kid playing travel is.... Never mind... I am Elmer J Fudd! Let's make this all about me.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Two things true about this site. Full of some of the wealthiest people . Also full of some of the dumbest.
[quote=Anonymous]

I love checking in on the younger threads! Cheapest entertainment around!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I can't decide if I dislike this poster more for being a lying sack of s#%t or for being a cheapskate. If my kids is having fun (and he is) then travel lacrosse is worth every penny!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dude, u should have your wife or a friend proof read what you write , before u hit the submit button. Maybe hearing what an idiot you sound like from someone who cares about you will help. Man u just sound so stupid

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

7 years old right now, still worth it to this family!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dude, u should have your wife or a friend proof read what you write , before u hit the submit button. Maybe hearing what an idiot you sound like from someone who cares about you will help. Man u just sound so stupid

Maybe you can stop using "dude" and "u" when you decide to call someone stupid! Unless you are 12 and the it's cwl 4 u 2 do it!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Two things true about this site. Full of some of the wealthiest people . Also full of some of the dumbest.

I love checking in on the younger threads! Cheapest entertainment around!

Troll, and the other threads are full of such high level intellectual discourse

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How was 91 tryout? Did they take anymore on 2025 orange?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pretty sure they are. That was the idea. He planned on filling the roster after winter and spring (yes, there will be another one in early spring) tryouts.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I see 91 white is practicing all winter. Is orange?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Don't need to...just kidding. It was surprising to see, but orange will be practicing as a team soon based

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Don't need to...just kidding. It was surprising to see, but orange will be practicing as a team soon based

My son's on the team. Orange needs to practice. I know they're babies, but I thought they would be better. Does Coach know what he's doing? Top team=commitment from both players AND coaches. I'll have him on the Golden Geese next year if this guy's not serious.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Didn't they both practice in the fall and both play fall tourney's? That's pretty good for 2nd graders.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My son's on the team. Orange needs to practice. I know they're babies, but I thought they would be better. Does Coach know what he's doing? Top team=commitment from both players AND coaches. I'll have him on the Golden Geese next year if this guy's not serious.

You should go now then! We don't want you! And maybe the Geese don't want your poisonous attitude either.
Skills, skills, skills for now! If you listened to the coaches they said they would coach them if it was what we wanted and if we set it up. So watch for an e-mail this week.
I hope you also listened and have your boy at DLT as they recommended because my boy is working harder than yours, I'll guarantee it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Didn't they both practice in the fall and both play fall tourney's? That's pretty good for 2nd graders.

Seems ok to me, and I am a nut job about it. My boy is working hard and getting better playing multi sports and using the wall. No need to make this 52 weeks a year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Golden geese winning has everybody all worked up already

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You should go now then! We don't want you! And maybe the Geese don't want your poisonous attitude either.
Skills, skills, skills for now! If you listened to the coaches they said they would coach them if it was what we wanted and if we set it up. So watch for an e-mail this week.
I hope you also listened and have your boy at DLT as they recommended because my boy is working harder than yours, I'll guarantee it.

You don't have to agree with me, but my older son has been on Bandits since the beginning. That team was taken much more seriously than this one. They practiced more and at least had a full roster in the fall so they could build continuity. If you're content with mediocre, good for you. Your life will be easy. That's not what I'm paying for.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I agree with the other poster. Skills should be worked on at home on their own or at winter training. They seriously need some work as a team so they can find positions for them. Moving from defense to middie to attack is silly, but I guess that's what happens when you only take kids that play middie.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And this is why people can't stand 91 parents. Ease up, guy. We're going to need everyone we have. Chances are the rest of the roster will be filled with kids that are not as strong as what we have now.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think you might have just pin-pointed the other guys issue. I don't know why we, as parents, should need to set up and plan anything. If the coaches were serious about the team, they would have set it up just like the other coaches did. I think it just shows their level of commitment. I know the head coach has a kid on the team and coaches kids play for free. Is that why he's doing it? Just my 2 cents, but it's a legitimate concern.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I agree with the other poster. Skills should be worked on at home on their own or at winter training. They seriously need some work as a team so they can find positions for them. Moving from defense to middie to attack is silly, but I guess that's what happens when you only take kids that play middie.

Yep. If your kid is playing travel lax at this age, he should be doing skill work every day on his own. Preaching "skills, skills, skills" is a coaching cop out. I can work on skills. that's not what we're paying for.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You don't have to agree with me, but my older son has been on Bandits since the beginning. That team was taken much more seriously than this one. They practiced more and at least had a full roster in the fall so they could build continuity. If you're content with mediocre, good for you. Your life will be easy. That's not what I'm paying for.

You are paying for what the said on the tryout sheet, you have already had more practice than that and a tournament. Have you asked the coach and spoken to the 91 office to set it up? I guess not.

Other parents are doing the work for you.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You didn't pay for year round (so don't say you did).

But it doesn't matter because they said they would ask about it and acted on it. They set it up with Darby and we were told Saturday at DLT to expect an e-mail this week. Go where you want, my son is getting ready. I hope yours is too.

Don't forget to bring your wallet.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Golden geese winning has everybody all worked up already

Lol, sad but true. Are parents saying this needs to be 52 weeks a year? I hope not, because after reading this, I need a break! Relax, these kids will be awesome when it counts.

Maybe the team name should be the "Fighting Orange"! Maybe a parent fight during warm ups will get the kids going.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Your kid plays a position already? Isn't it best for them to all play everywhere at this point? Serious question. I want him to get to play everywhere and I believe he is enough of a little athlete to handle each spot.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Your kid plays a position already? Isn't it best for them to all play everywhere at this point? Serious question. I want him to get to play everywhere and I believe he is enough of a little athlete to handle each spot.

You're right...at this age they should be playing every position, including goalie

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

yes. it's best for kids to play multiple positions (and multiple sports) at 8 yrs old. previous poster has an over emphasis on winning. having fun in the early years leads to passion when it counts. everyone always says "my kid can't get enough" which maybe true right now but sad if they say to you in 7th/8th grade - dad I want to take the summer off. It happens and will more and more as teams start going all year long in 2nd/3rd grade. lax is not gymnastics - no need to peak in elementary school

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Uh oh. Trouble in paradise? The pack did A LOT of team practices. The skills are important but to win need team practices.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Uh oh. Trouble in paradise? The pack did A LOT of team practices. The skills are important but to win need team practices.

Ahhh, the Pack...let's always go back to the Pack. They are the exception, not the rule

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ahhh, the Pack...let's always go back to the Pack. They are the exception, not the rule

Not the exception. Same formula used by bandits, honey badgers, smash and crush. All of these teams have something in common....PRACTICE

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not the exception. Same formula used by bandits, honey badgers, smash and crush. All of these teams have something in common....PRACTICE

You guys need to stop and take a breath! Holy crap! My boy plays hoops a little, learns spacing and passing quickly and finding the open man. It totally applies. Throwing the baseball and following through is like his shot, over the top. He is going to DLT and will play indoors with our town indoors and getting ready. He'll be there for whatever practices there are. RELAX!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are paying for what the said on the tryout sheet, you have already had more practice than that and a tournament. Have you asked the coach and spoken to the 91 office to set it up? I guess not.

Other parents are doing the work for you.

That's the problem. Coaches should want their team to be the best. These guys planned on doing the minimum. I have no problem paying for it, I expected to. I assumed, from what I'd heard about 91, that we would be doing team and DLT all winter and spring. Apparently that's just the White team. With their attitude they'll be better than us in a year or two.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[/quote]

I agree with the other poster. Skills should be worked on at home on their own or at winter training. They seriously need some work as a team so they can find positions for them. Moving from defense to middie to attack is silly, but I guess that's what happens when you only take kids that play middie. [/quote]

Your kid plays a position already? Isn't it best for them to all play everywhere at this point? Serious question. I want him to get to play everywhere and I believe he is enough of a little athlete to handle each spot.[/quote]

yes. it's best for kids to play multiple positions (and multiple sports) at 8 yrs old. previous poster has an over emphasis on winning. having fun in the early years leads to passion when it counts. everyone always says "my kid can't get enough" which maybe true right now but sad if they say to you in 7th/8th grade - dad I want to take the summer off. It happens and will more and more as teams start going all year long in 2nd/3rd grade. lax is not gymnastics - no need to peak in elementary school
[/quote]

Having fun and rotating to every position is great. That's what town teams are for. But this is not a town team. This is a supposed "elite" team (even at this early age) that is for children and parent who are serious about lax. My son is a competitor. He doesn't like to lose. Neither should yours if he is on this team. If you didn't care about winning you would have gone out for a lesser team, but you didn't. Team 91 has a reputation of winning and producing great lax players. This is not an "every kid gets a cookie" team. If that's what you're looking for then maybe YOU should be the one moving on. We need kids to play defense. That's what they should be looking for at tryouts. But they won't. We'll get 6 more weak middies.

If you don't agree with my attitude, too damn bad. He's on the best team. I expect the best from his coaches. Right now I'm not happy with the product they're selling.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I agree with the other poster. Skills should be worked on at home on their own or at winter training. They seriously need some work as a team so they can find positions for them. Moving from defense to middie to attack is silly, but I guess that's what happens when you only take kids that play middie. [/quote]

Your kid plays a position already? Isn't it best for them to all play everywhere at this point? Serious question. I want him to get to play everywhere and I believe he is enough of a little athlete to handle each spot.[/quote]

[/quote]

Having fun and rotating to every position is great. That's what town teams are for. But this is not a town team. This is a supposed "elite" team (even at this early age) that is for children and parent who are serious about lax. My son is a competitor. He doesn't like to lose. Neither should yours if he is on this team. If you didn't care about winning you would have gone out for a lesser team, but you didn't. Team 91 has a reputation of winning and producing great lax players. This is not an "every kid gets a cookie" team. If that's what you're looking for then maybe YOU should be the one moving on. We need kids to play defense. That's what they should be looking for at tryouts. But they won't. We'll get 6 more weak middies.

If you don't agree with my attitude, too damn bad. He's on the best team. I expect the best from his coaches. Right now I'm not happy with the product they're selling. [/quote]

LEAVE...YOU ARE A DELUSIONAL JACKA$$! They have already done more than they promised and the organizations results speak for themselves. They know better than you. Weak middies, really? I'm sure your son is the best in your mind, but I'll believe it when I see it, so in the meantime, don't rip the kids. If you have the balls, speak to the coaches yourself. Don't come on here and gutlessly rip the team before it has even started. They have sent you e-mails, you can contact them so send an e-mail back to them and tell them your concerns and give them your wisdom. THEN GET LOST! PLEASE!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
who is looking for a holdback born in early 2005 good stick skills very quick 5 foot tall already

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you don't agree with my attitude, too damn bad. He's on the best team. I expect the best from his coaches. Right now I'm not happy with the product they're selling. [/quote]

LEAVE...YOU ARE A DELUSIONAL JACKA$$! They have already done more than they promised and the organizations results speak for themselves. They know better than you. Weak middies, really? I'm sure your son is the best in your mind, but I'll believe it when I see it, so in the meantime, don't rip the kids. If you have the balls, speak to the coaches yourself. Don't come on here and gutlessly rip the team before it has even started. They have sent you e-mails, you can contact them so send an e-mail back to them and tell them your concerns and give them your wisdom. THEN GET LOST! PLEASE! [/quote]

May I ask a serious question? How many teams actually provide the minimum that was stated? Very few. And none of the top teams in each age group. The organization's successful teams go far beyond the minimum and that started from jump street. Sure they charge for it, but that's the nature of the beast and you should have expected that when you joined. If I'm not ripping the kids, I'm expressing my feelings about how the team is being handled. I never said we had weak middies. All we have is middies. And, do you think the kids at tryouts yesterday were stronger than the kids at September's tryout? It's possible, but I think not.

Oh, and FYI, they don't know better than me. And I'm damn positive about that.

We're going to get along just great this summer. You want to find me? I'll be the guy staying as far away from your fat [lacrosse] as possible.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dear 2025 parents - I just red the last few pages and wanted to post about my experiences, I have 4 kids that have gone through the process, my oldest played in college and is out now, when he started I think that travel started in about 5th grade, I have a senior in high school that is signed to play in college and I have a 2017 that is going through the recruiting process right now. The single biggest advice I can share is do what ever you want for your kid and don't me influenced by what other people are doing. If your kid wants to play lacrosse only 24/7 and you are OK with it then do that, if he wants to play 5 other sports and he has fun doing it then let him do that. As I have gone through the recruiting process 3 times I see the exact same things from 2006 and last weekend - grades and athleticism and usually always in that order.

IMHO, up until 8th or 9th grade they will get just as much out of playing soccer, football, tennis, wrestling or basketball as playing organized lacrosse - the best players in my town and the ones going on to play in college all have one major thing in common....they love playing lacrosse, If your dream is to have your son play college lacrosse make sure he loves the game.

Always pick your team by the coaches not the organization or level of play, plenty on kids are going to top colleges that where on b and c teams early on. and those kids spend more time on the wall or shooting at the park by themselves then they ever spend at team practice.

If your son is fighting about not wanting to go to practice then he is probably doing to much, if they don't want to go down to the park and shoot then they are probably doing to much.

Never play for a team that your son is the best player, he will never get better.

good luck to all of you and enjoy the ride, it is over way to fast.

Page 6 of 17 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 16 17

Link Copied to Clipboard