BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Money Grab Lax...is it all too much?
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Most districts require 50% of the kids be from the school. Board members of PAL clubs that are double dipping with travel teams as coaches are ussually the ones that are bending/breaking the rules and tearing up our school fields.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Most districts require 50% of the kids be from the school. Board members of PAL clubs that are double dipping with travel teams as coaches are ussually the ones that are bending/breaking the rules and tearing up our school fields.

Tearing up the fields? Are you guys kidding me? Would you rather the kids sit on their [lacrosse] and play video games? Are the fields supposed to sit empty and unused? Where is anyone supposed to practice? If I am from Mt Sinai do I need to pay a fee to use Farmingdale's track to walk or run on? Of course not. Your argument is really off base. I applaud these coaches for keeping the kids organized and playing because it sounds as if they were not participating in these practices and wandering the street you all would complain about that as well.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As usual someone has to go to the other extreme.

And no if you are from Mt Sinai you are not supposed to use Farmingdales track (unless you work in the town). I believe and Sage can look this up, if you live or work in a municipality you can for your personal use; use that municipalities fields.

I agree there is not enough field to practice on and some of these programs do abuse the usage. I also understand the question why am I paying for the use if I am paying for it in my taxes.

But the bottom line is, if it is school property you really do not have carte blanche to use it, (especially for a group) even if your tax paying dollars are paying for it.

Tearing up the fields? Are you guys kidding me? Would you rather the kids sit on their [lacrosse] and play video games? Are the fields supposed to sit empty and unused? Where is anyone supposed to practice? If I am from Mt Sinai do I need to pay a fee to use Farmingdale's track to walk or run on? Of course not. Your argument is really off base. I applaud these coaches for keeping the kids organized and playing because it sounds as if they were not participating in these practices and wandering the street you all would complain about that as well.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Using town and school fields require a permit. Even pal teams get a permit and times the fields are available for use.Case closed-that's how it works.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Also it is important to recognize that the groups and/or clubs are still performing a service for these kids even though it may be paid for that service. I think they should be permitted to use the fields (with a permit ifrequired) at no cost.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Also it is important to recognize that the groups and/or clubs are still performing a service for these kids even though it may be paid for that service. I think they should be permitted to use the fields (with a permit ifrequired) at no cost.

"At no cost"?

Those days are winding down if not already over my friend. Municipalities and school districts cannot afford such benevolence. In the old days you could do a lot of things, including using fields, at no cost. You could also organize 5K races and parades, etc. as long as your motives were pure. Today parade organizers pay for cop/sanitation overtime and organizations who want to use fields pay for them as well. As a taxpayer I don't want a private company using our fields for nothing. We have to maintain them, not to mention village maintenacne having to pick up the water bottles, garbage and everything else left behind after practices or tournamnets. Fields are there to be used by kids -- agree 100% -- but no such thing as a free lunch in today's day and age.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

"At no cost"?

Those days are winding down if not already over my friend. Municipalities and school districts cannot afford such benevolence. In the old days you could do a lot of things, including using fields, at no cost. You could also organize 5K races and parades, etc. as long as your motives were pure. Today parade organizers pay for cop/sanitation overtime and organizations who want to use fields pay for them as well. As a taxpayer I don't want a private company using our fields for nothing. We have to maintain them, not to mention village maintenacne having to pick up the water bottles, garbage and everything else left behind after practices or tournamnets. Fields are there to be used by kids -- agree 100% -- but no such thing as a free lunch in today's day and age.

As in every business, the cost will be passed on to the consumer.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

"At no cost"?

As in every business, the cost will be passed on to the consumer.

The work the clubs do for the kids far outweighs any cost for field use that may be charged. So what they make a profit. If it weren't so valued by the public there wouldn't be so many!! Relax with the field complaints.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Unintelligible post....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Unintelligible post....

really....made sense to me.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Unintelligible post....

ok professor. Seems pretty simple. Shut your pie hole about fees for field use because the kids are reaping the benefits of using the fields. Dumbed down enough for you. lol

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not really...but loved the "LOL". Tough guy routine falls short with a sign off that sounds like it is written by a 12 year old girl.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not really...but loved the "LOL". Tough guy routine falls short with a sign off that sounds like it is written by a 12 year old girl.

Maybe it was written by a 12 year old girl.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ooohhh your cool. See if you can follow the other posts. If you have trouble ask your kid for help. Oh yeah.....shut your pie hole. LOL!!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ooohhh your cool. See if you can follow the other posts. If you have trouble ask your kid for help. Oh yeah.....shut your pie hole. LOL!!!!

Now that is funny.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can we get any more college camp and clinic emails. I SWEAR it's ridiculous!! Do the clubs sell our emails to these schools?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Rock bottom

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Rock bottom

You must be new....not even close to rock bottom.

But the poster making fun of a 12 year old is close. Now... Back to the topic at hand. WAAAAYYYYY too many clinics being offered and how are they getting our email addresses?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Rock bottom

But the poster making fun of a 12 year old is close. Now... Back to the topic at hand. WAAAAYYYYY too many clinics being offered and how are they getting our email addresses?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Rock bottom

How many catalogs are filling your mailbox? Just delete the emails and throw away the catalogs. Or when you get an email - UNSUBSCRIBE.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Rock bottom

How many catalogs are filling your mailbox? Just delete the emails and throw away the catalogs. Or when you get an email - UNSUBSCRIBE.

Not the point but thanks for the instructions.

Like Reply Quote
The Hop Offline OP
User
OP Offline
User
It's the MONEY GRAB SEASON! I mean winter training. Anyone have enough yet?

Back of the Cage
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The explosion of camps, clinics and trainings is way out of hand. So many hands out looking for $$. A lot use one or two big names who never show up.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by Steppin'Out
With all the clinics and tournaments all the time will our kids be burned out before they even get to HS?

A percentage of them will be yes.

You don't have to do everything. Pick and choose what to do... don't get caught up keeping up.

Well said

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How much on average per year is bring spent on lax? Including travel expenses, tuition and equipment it looks like $6,000 to $10,000 per year. This is for one kid. Pretty expensive. Is it worth it???

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No it's not worth it. Put that money towards tutors and SAT/ACT prep courses, thats where the scholarships are at. And you'll still have money left over to put away for college. A lacrosse scholarship is basically lunch money. Been there, done that. It's out of control.

Like Reply Quote
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard