BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 8 of 25 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 24 25
Re: Age Verification
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Could you imagine how good College Footbal or Basketball would be if nobody left early.
Unfortunately 65% of those kids that school early for NBA/NFL will be broke and looking for work by 45 years of age.
Good thing lacrosse has a 84% graduation rate so your kid can earn good money with his degree for the rest of his life!!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The 2019 thread is fixated on registering teams down a year and the Edge lacrosse program. Its certainly a concern that is spreading.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
The 2019 thread is fixated on registering teams down a year and the Edge lacrosse program. Its certainly a concern that is spreading.

Heh, in non-hotbeds good youth teams play up in the top division. A completely different animal IMHO because parents agree to have kids play with older kids not vice versa.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Playing up is fine so long as you know what you have signed up for. The problem is that with no age restrictions you cannot make an informed decision. I made the mistake of allowing my son to play up (6th grade playing on a 7th grade team) only to find at a tournament this fall that his team was playing an 8th grade team with a number of hold backs. The situation in my judgment was dangerous and the result was predictable.

It was ultimately my fault, but it was really infuriating.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Could you imagine how good College Footbal or Basketball would be if nobody left early.
Unfortunately 65% of those kids that school early for NBA/NFL will be broke and looking for work by 45 years of age.
Good thing lacrosse has a 84% graduation rate so your kid can earn good money with his degree for the rest of his life!!

Then both sports would have a holdback mentality like lacrosse. The older they are to start and play college the better.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Playing up is fine so long as you know what you have signed up for. The problem is that with no age restrictions you cannot make an informed decision. I made the mistake of allowing my son to play up (6th grade playing on a 7th grade team) only to find at a tournament this fall that his team was playing an 8th grade team with a number of hold backs. The situation in my judgment was dangerous and the result was predictable.

I'm wondering what US program will follow the Edge lead of registering down entire teams. If Edge is permitted to continue this practice, others will be forced to follow.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm wondering what US program will follow the Edge lead of registering down entire teams. If Edge is permitted to continue this practice, others will be forced to follow.

I doubt rather hope no teams in the hotbeds do this. It is sad enough when one player does this. Read about the hoppla over the Express goalie. doubt any other organization would want to stick their necks out. with kids doing the holdback thing in 8th -10th grade

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Then both sports would have a holdback mentality like lacrosse. The older they are to start and play college the better.

actually there are hoops players that get recruited from AAU teams to switch to prep schools and repeat grades. fairly common. not driven by parents with deep pockets but opportunity for players to get D1 offers and schools hoping hoop ringers will take team to promise land

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How can you guys be so naive to think it doesn't happen already? Do LI teams not encounter the Crabs or Sweetlax?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Happens all the time on LI too. 91 orange, Crush, express all have players that are too old, born before Dec. 1. If you have one kid that is too old you are cheating, in NY MD or canada

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Happens all the time on LI too. 91 orange, Crush, express all have players that are too old, born before Dec. 1. If you have one kid that is too old you are cheating, in NY MD or canada

Call people cheaters all you want, but Dec 1 is NOT the cut-off date. Sep 1 is, for US Lax and most of the states academic and athletic guidelines. So, please get off of your high horse.

This is exactly why we need uniformed age verification requirements. Until we do, clubs like Edge will game the system. But for ALL kids born after Sep 1, they are all eligible and playing in their proper grade.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you're going to whine and complain because your snotty nosed kid maybe playing against older kids sometimes, get the date right. It's Sept. 1. Of course, if there are a couple that are July/Aug. and miss the cutoff, by all means call the US Atty General and Obama. We need to lock these kids and their no good, lying, cheating parents up and throw away the key. It would be a national tragedy to have your over protected kid have to play some others a few months older. cool

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you're going to whine and complain because your snotty nosed kid maybe playing against older kids sometimes, get the date right. It's Sept. 1. Of course, if there are a couple that are July/Aug. and miss the cutoff, by all means call the US Atty General and Obama. We need to lock these kids and their no good, lying, cheating parents up and throw away the key. It would be a national tragedy to have your over protected kid have to play some others a few months older. cool

When the program actively registers teams in divisions that are at least a year younger, then YES, something needs to be done. Don't confuse the two.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you're going to whine and complain because your snotty nosed kid maybe playing against older kids sometimes, get the date right. It's Sept. 1. Of course, if there are a couple that are July/Aug. and miss the cutoff, by all means call the US Atty General and Obama. We need to lock these kids and their no good, lying, cheating parents up and thrhisow away the key. It would be a national tragedy to have your over protected kid have to play some others a few months older. cool

Why do I feel like this is from a dad who couldn't bear to watch precious get creamed by kids his own age and figured repeating a grade or two would make him a force? Whose kid again is over protected?

BTW my age appropriate 2017 has been recruited by top schools. He's not even big for his age.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you're going to whine and complain because your snotty nosed kid maybe playing against older kids sometimes, get the date right. It's Sept. 1. Of course, if there are a couple that are July/Aug. and miss the cutoff, by all means call the US Atty General and Obama. We need to lock these kids and their no good, lying, cheating parents up and thrhisow away the key. It would be a national tragedy to have your over protected kid have to play some others a few months older. cool

Why do I feel like this is from a dad who couldn't bear to watch precious get creamed by kids his own age and figured repeating a grade or two would make him a force? Whose kid again is over protected?

BTW my age appropriate 2017 has been recruited by top schools. He's not even big for his age.

Congrats! Go pump your chest where people care.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

First its only a few months older..then its a few few months older..Cheating is cheating and you are a cheater ...pretty simple..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

First its only a few months older..then its a few few months older..Cheating is cheating and you are a cheater ...pretty simple..

What's pretty simple is that you don't get it. Sep 1 is the athletic cut off date, even in NY State. Get your head out of your [lacrosse] and stop whining.

If you want to do something about real cheaters that holdback, PG and then play down, get on the horn to US Lax & your local Lax organizations and push for photo ID age verification.

The 3 months (Sep 1-Nov 30) that you seem to be complaining about, have always been part of the landscape even for states and local boards of Ed that recommend kids age 5 on or before Dec 1 start kindergarten.

You see, we live in a free country, and families can decide for themselves if their child is ready to go to school full time or not. The states athletic boards then apply the age standards for safety.

Do some reading before you accuse people of cheating.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What's pretty simple is that you don't get it. Sep 1 is the athletic cut off date, even in NY State. Get your head out of your [lacrosse] and stop whining.

If you want to do something about real cheaters that holdback, PG and then play down, get on the horn to US Lax & your local Lax organizations and push for photo ID age verification.

The 3 months (Sep 1-Nov 30) that you seem to be complaining about, have always been part of the landscape even for states and local boards of Ed that recommend kids age 5 on or before Dec 1 start kindergarten.

You see, we live in a free country, and families can decide for themselves if their child is ready to go to school full time or not. The states athletic boards then apply the age standards for safety.

Sorry, you sir do not get. Example: If a roster of players are graduating HS in 2017, they should not be registered in a 2018 bracket. How is it any more complicated than that?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sorry, you sir do not get. Example: If a roster of players are graduating HS in 2017, they should not be registered in a 2018 bracket. How is it any more complicated than that?

Oh, I completely get that. In response to .... "First its only a few months older..then its a few few months older..Cheating is cheating and you are a cheater ...pretty simple.."

So, either state that you are talking about reclassing an entire roster, or not.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Sorry, you sir do not get. Example: If a roster of players are graduating HS in 2017, they should not be registered in a 2018 bracket. How is it any more complicated than that?"

If a student plans to finish grade 12 in 2017 then do a PG year he will be a 2018.
What part of that do you not get!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He is still graduating in 2017, whether he is doing a post graduate year, joining the military before college, joining the peace corps, etc.

To avoid this controversy, kids should be grouped by their birth years.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My 9th grade son plans to spend 3 years in the Peace Corps after HS before college so he is playing with our 2021 team. He's killing it out there! We are so proud of him.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Sorry, you sir do not get. Example: If a roster of players are graduating HS in 2017, they should not be registered in a 2018 bracket. How is it any more complicated than that?"

If a student plans to finish grade 12 in 2017 then do a PG year he will be a 2018.

No he is not a 2018 kid. You are a [lacrosse] idiot. You are the ones who are manipulating the system. Personally I don't care about the age issue my kid plays up whenever he can. This has caused people to think he is older. But the year that is thrown around is a players HS graduating year. not the year he enters college.

Do you want to change that now? get with it. In this example the player is a 2017 doing a PG year. Not a 2018 kid!!!!

To me if you started school as a hold back (Didnt start when the municipality told you to), whatever, your a loser not a cheater. Yes I said it a loser. Your child had issues and couldn't cut it, so you intervened. I know plenty of parents which did this only because they thought their kid wont be successful. Loser, your kid is smarter in the grade they are in now because they're older. Plain and simple. Wonder if national Honor society could do a stat on that one.

To me if you started school on time and got held back for non academic/medical reasons prior to 11 grade you are a cheater (which is worse than loser).

To me if you do a PG year you are okay. You are trying to better your situation. Not on a tax dollar or not at the expense of another child moving ahead who is on schedule.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Intends to do a PG year? Are you justifying playing teams down based on plans/hopes/dreams FIVE YEARS hence? Read your post again sir. PG stands for POST GRADUATION. Tournaments register teams based on HS GRADUATION...not what might happen POST GRADUATION.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My friend from Canada. I was trying to remain neutral on this debate because I abhor the parents who are indeed cheating by holding their kids back. But, you completely lost me with the argument that the Edge program is legit because you are including the PG year when determining where teams should be bracketed in tournaments. That logic couldn't be more twisted nor farcical in defending. I sincerely hope this type thinking, based purely on greed, does not become the norm in youth lacrosse.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
good luck with that...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
From a college coach POV:

2018 is not HS graduation year (Spring 2018)
2018 is college matriculation year (Fall 2018)

I hate to say it, but the reclasses rule the day

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
college coaches have always said...when do we get them on campus? They don't care...this whole reclass thing may explain why LI sucks so bad at the UA tournament....all their guys are a year younger

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
At local recruiting show case- 2018- said to one of the directors my son is having hard time competing here. he ask his bday- which is age appropriate for 2018. he said he is to young. most of these kids are 1 to 2 years older, he will not be able to compete unless he has size or unbelievable speed.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bottom line, look at college rosters. Kids playing today graduating high school are going away to schools as 18 year olds. Most kids go away to schools in august. US lacrosse aug 31 cutoff seems to be the norm for 95 percent of the kids. I was an end of the year kid when i went to school, way back when, I was 17. You don't see that much in college lax anymore. Kids are 18 when they go away to school as lacrosse players. Its not cheating, its the US lax cutoff . Now using that US Lax cutoff also seems to be the norm in club lacrosse as well . Again its not cheating.Thats the cutoff almost everyone uses. Parents want their kids to start kindergarden at 5 yrs old , not 4, is not cheating. Those kids graduating high school at 19 or in some cases 20, having 9 yr old kids, playing 7 yr old kids. This is cheating.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
college coaches have always said...when do we get them on campus? They don't care...this whole reclass thing may explain why LI sucks so bad at the UA tournament....all their guys are a year younger

I understand that fact but the Edge is H-edge-ing their bets that the players will PG or reclass and havnt as of yet done so. If I were that player I wont do a PG Id red shirt on my dime and practice with the team.

The middie "committed" from Edge when is he committed for? Has he a verbal because he is in 9th grade? and is no longer in 8th grade yet he plays in a 2019 bracket.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Keep this thread rolling boys. Great entertainment. Nothing you say on here will change a thing, but it sure is funny!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Again....hold backs must do domain order to compete with age appropriate domination from Long Island.

.they just can't match up skill wise; so they must cheat. Period. P

Luckily, the best of 2017 and 2018 Long Island kids who are true Age appropriate are all committing as expected.

Canada and the DMV areas can continue to propagate the cheating but the skill set deficiencies will be apparent in college for the most part.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Intends to do a PG year? Are you justifying playing teams down based on plans/hopes/dreams FIVE YEARS hence? Read your post again sir. PG stands for POST GRADUATION. Tournaments register teams based on HS GRADUATION...not what might happen POST GRADUATION.

My 2017 is 5'8" and 135 lbs, he is planning on growing and adding weight so can I list him at 6"3" and 200lbs? After all, that is the plan. He also has a 3.0, but I am sure his grades will get better so we have 3.9 on his video, because by the time he graduates he will have that.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I understand that fact but the Edge is H-edge-ing their bets that the players will PG or reclass and havnt as of yet done so. If I were that player I wont do a PG Id red shirt on my dime and practice with the team.

The middie "committed" from Edge when is he committed for? Has he a verbal because he is in 9th grade? and is no longer in 8th grade yet he plays in a 2019 bracket.

Apparently it is their 6'3 200+ D guy. He's not committed but has offers from attending camps. He is a reclassified 2019. His brother did the same thing and is going to JHU next year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Apparently it is their 6'3 200+ D guy. He's not committed but has offers from attending camps. He is a reclassified 2019. His brother did the same thing and is going to JHU next year.

What was coaches name from that show "Coach"

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wonderful. The Edge is having a 6'3" 200 lb 2018 kid play down against 2019 kids...??? and you idiots wonder why people are up in arms. You really can't be serious. Is he the Edge player that broke that kids arm in MD? Everyone associated with Edge should be embarrassed.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Take a look at this picture via the link below, they have a bunch of huge kids on the team, which is 6'3"?

http://instagram.com/p/vgj0CbktxN/

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My friend from Canada. I was trying to remain neutral on this debate because I abhor the parents who are indeed cheating by holding their kids back. But, you completely lost me with the argument that the Edge program is legit because you are including the PG year when determining where teams should be bracketed in tournaments. That logic couldn't be more twisted nor farcical in defending. I sincerely hope this type thinking, based purely on greed, does not become the norm in youth lacrosse.

I too have been swayed from "neutrality". These people from Canada are making inane arguments to justify despicable behavior.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Take a look at this picture via the link below, they have a bunch of huge kids on the team, which is 6'3"?

http://instagram.com/p/vgj0CbktxN/

It's #13 I think

Like Reply Quote
Page 8 of 25 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 24 25
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard