BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,193
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 43 of 327 1 2 41 42 43 44 45 326 327
Re: Long Island Yellow Jackets Lacrosse
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by Anonymous
How do you know if it is a yellow jacket parent etc. who is actually posting these things or not.If you think their leader C.R. actually sent out an order for YJ parents etc. to not post on this or any forum you are an idiot.
BOTC has done an all-time record 12-hour visitation rate and 24-hour page serve rate since Sunday evening. There is no other news source dedicated to collecting and disseminating youth news on a 7x24 basis like BOTC. There is no other community dedicated to a frank discussion of local issues.

Now, we can tell you that attendance was taken at 8:54pm on Sunday night 4:39pm on Monday afternoon here B-OTC and the usual folks checked-in as they do on most days.

Last edited by CageSage; . Reason: Needed to Update Our Information
Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ha ha ha ha. Great post. This is like a soap opera. and think, I dont have a daughter on the travel circus. It is like watching a train wreck! I am quit sure I was on during you pole. pure entertainment thank you BOTC

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Cage sage I should clarify my statement- long island is one of the hotbeds for girls lax. More opportunity for lax girls from here than soccer girls scholarship wise. I don't know the exact # of girls that are going for soccer this year but maybe u r aware of the number

The person who posted this is a loser, and I fell bad for your daughter.

dear anonymous - please clarify why you think anonymous is a loser, what he/she said made sense to me if I am understanding correctly, because Long Island is a hot bed of lacrosse potential scholarship opportunities are greater then girls from others parts of the country except maybe Maryland, as opposed to soccer scholarship opportunities are better in other parts of the country then long island. hotbeds like Portland and St Louis

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Cage sage I should clarify my statement- long island is one of the hotbeds for girls lax. More opportunity for lax girls from here than soccer girls scholarship wise. I don't know the exact # of girls that are going for soccer this year but maybe u r aware of the number

dear anonymous - please clarify why you think anonymous is a loser, what he/she said made sense to me if I am understanding correctly, because Long Island is a hot bed of lacrosse potential scholarship opportunities are greater then girls from others parts of the country except maybe Maryland, as opposed to soccer scholarship opportunities are better in other parts of the country then long island. hotbeds like Portland and St Louis
BOTC agrees that the original statement was certainly reasonable - the level of competition on Long Island and the national recognition of clubs allows Long Island, Yellow Jackets and otherwise, to maintain a prominant role on the national scene. Due to this, Long Island clubs can and do get additional exposure and opportunities to be seen.

Now, despite the chatter over the last week, the Yellow Jackets have long coat-tails here that have actually helped other girls clubs that sport the "Long Island" moniker. Of course, other fine clubs including the Liberty and Top Guns have presented themselves well on the recruiting scene.

Quite frankly, the "loser" comment was a pitch in the dirt - no reason to even give it a second thought. We can cover the lacrosse vs. soccer debate on the girls side in a subsequent posting.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
D3 has no sports scholarships and scholarships and committm ents are two very different things

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
GREAT POST. Just because someone has committed doesnt mean full ride and could mean they didnt get a penny.

Every kid playing travel lacrosse is going to college and it you wait long enough they all commit.

For these travel clubs to take credit for every college choice is absurd

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
D3 has no sports scholarships and scholarships and committm ents are two very different things

I think you shocked alot of people with this one, alot of YJ parents didnt know this

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

I think you shocked alot of people with this one, alot of YJ parents didnt know this
If any families (regardless of club) who are in the midst of sophomore/junior/senior recruitment did not know that NCAA Division III institutions do not provide athletic scholarships, it is time to go back to the drawing board and re-educate everyone on the rules and regulations associated with NCAA Recruitment.

Not as a service pitch, but a reminder is that this is precisely the purpose of our BOTC College Forum. This free service of BOTC is designed to help parents and student-athletes get questions answered in an honest, no sales-pitch, manner.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"I think you shocked alot of people with this one, alot of YJ parents didnt know this" Give us all a break, I am a non YJ parent but the nonsense has to stop somewhwere.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
"I think you shocked alot of people with this one, alot of YJ parents didnt know this" Give us all a break, I am a non YJ parent but the nonsense has to stop somewhwere.
True story : BOTC recently spoke with two families (in the last two months), one for soccer recruitment and one for lacrosse. Neither family knew that Division III did not offer athletic money. Both families had already participated in at least two showcase events at the time we spoke with them. The bottom line is that recruitment education outside of the premier and elite clubs is not as strong as one would expect.

Our guess is that the Yellow Jacket family as a whole is better educated than most, but we took the question on face value.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As per YJ website,

500+ Division 1 recruits since 2000
100+ Division 2 and 3 combined since 2000

Seems to me YJ are well educated on the difference between Div 1 and Div 2 and 3

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by CageSage
True story : BOTC recently spoke with two families (in the last two months), one for soccer recruitment and one for lacrosse. Neither family knew that Division III did not offer athletic money. Both families had already participated in at least two showcase events at the time we spoke with them. The bottom line is that recruitment education outside of the premier and elite clubs is not as strong as one would expect.

Our guess is that the Yellow Jacket family as a whole is better educated than most, but we took the question on face value.

A lot of talk about D3 not offering scholarship money. I don't see anywhere on this thread in recent discussion where anybody was confused by this. D3 is simply an option and a commitment many girls (yj and other) will make. Someones daughter just may like the school, is that so bad. I guess if your banking on a big scholarship this might be a big disapointment to you.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Strike that last post, had to go back a couple pages, someone was talking full ride D3.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As per YJ website,

500+ Division 1 recruits since 2000
100+ Division 2 and 3 combined since 2000

Seems to me YJ are well educated on the difference between Div 1 and Div 2 and 3

Anybody know the numbers for girls that don't play college ball? It seems like many and most all aspire to. What is the competition like to get on a D1 or 2 team forgoing scholarship money etc? The numbers seem to suggest many girls don't go on to play in college after travel/hs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
GREAT POST. Just because someone has committed doesnt mean full ride and could mean they didnt get a penny.

Every kid playing travel lacrosse is going to college and it you wait long enough they all commit.

For these travel clubs to take credit for every college choice is absurd

no its not. committed means exactly what it says. nothing about money it means these girls are Committing To PLAY lacrosse at a particular college and they play for that club.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

because, here's a parent making life decisions for their 11 year old based on scholarship odds. your daughter probably cries herself to sleep at night with all the pressure you are going to dump on her. you see these people in all sports not just lacrosse and soccer, but they are a common sight at YJ events.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm sure there's just as much pressure taking NYS ELA standardized test's and even more come SAT time, let's hope all you folks are as invested in those as you are in your childs lax life, because guess what if you kid tanks in school (meaning less than an 85-90 average) and has unimpressive SAT scores they won't have many colleges interested in them, never mind scholarship money, get in the game - reality check - lax will end for all these kids by the time there 22 years old, hopefully they were able to get a good education and do something productive with themselves after lax

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
hey cr it's time to pick up the pace at yj, express has a 2021 team and 91 just had a tryout for a 2022 team, think of all the money to be made from two more age groups!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Seems the unofficial gag order might be kicking in.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Seems the unofficial gag order might be kicking in.

No it is just that most people get tired of reading all the bashing. Time to move on and BTW there is no so called gag order- so you may want to use your time in a more productive manner.

I believe cage sage was trying to begin a more intellectual conversation that you seem to have missed. Also to the prior poster my daughter is 16- not 11 so no need to worry about her and guess what she is taking a prep class for her SAT s so don't worry we have it all under control.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey stop that, we are not aloud to bash the queen bee any more. didn't you get the email. Her lawyer is on vacation/

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm sure there's just as much pressure taking NYS ELA standardized test's and even more come SAT time, let's hope all you folks are as invested in those as you are in your childs lax life, because guess what if you kid tanks in school (meaning less than an 85-90 average) and has unimpressive SAT scores they won't have many colleges interested in them, never mind scholarship money, get in the game - reality check - lax will end for all these kids by the time there 22 years old, hopefully they were able to get a good education and do something productive with themselves after lax

Not really, when you take an ELA assessment your father is not screaming at you , the proctor, and the other students.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Larry M.
There is a difference b/w posting people's info and harassment -you did not fare so well against the [lacrosse]. You may try to block me again but be a man and post my post. I sure hope u don't get away with this behavior. And this is a different ghost

Actually I fared very well with [lacrosse]. I own [lacrosse].com, and helped launch another parallel league that is kick their butt. You really think you know something wnen in fact you know very little. If you think I didn't fare well against the [lacrosse], why don't you post your itemized list?

The Long Island Lacrosse community is in dire need of a real league and structure, boys and girls. With your experience of launching a soccer league, you should launch a properly run and managed lacrosse league. Right now all the leauges are a scattered mess and the tournaments are local non-sense (players of different ages jumping around teams). Maybe tie in with other regionals and national leagues and tournaments. Only problem is you would probably have a hard time getting yellow jackets to play in it at this point, which is okay because no one wants to play in their tournament either.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
The Long Island Lacrosse community is in dire need of a real league and structure, boys and girls. With your experience of launching a soccer league, you should launch a properly run and managed lacrosse league. Right now all the leauges are a scattered mess and the tournaments are local non-sense (players of different ages jumping around teams). Maybe tie in with other regionals and national leagues and tournaments. Only problem is you would probably have a hard time getting yellow jackets to play in it at this point, which is okay because no one wants to play in their tournament either.
In order for a league structure to take hold and supercede the independent leagues now in place, there must be support from a sanctioning body (US Lacrosse, locally represented by the Long Island Metropolitan Lacrosse Foundation) and a process for club and player registrations. This is one reason why BOTC recently interviewed Harry Jacobs and shared that interview with our readers.

Our goal should be to create something sustainable, not based on the people doing it today, but longer term for the betterment of Long Island lacrosse.

As for how such a league might evolve in the future, you could certainly attract a large number of town teams and over time, an elite program will emerge from such a structure. Once those elite structures begin to emerge, current elite programs might seek to join.

One reason why a league structure would initially focus on town teams is that these programs have access to field space (usually on local permits) which makes the schedule creation process all that much easier. When premier/elite programs do not have permits for fields is when the problems start in scheduling.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by CageSage
In order for a league structure to take hold and supercede the independent leagues now in place, there must be support from a sanctioning body (US Lacrosse, locally represented by the Long Island Metropolitan Lacrosse Foundation) and a process for club and player registrations. This is one reason why BOTC recently interviewed Harry Jacobs and shared that interview with our readers.

Our goal should be to create something sustainable, not based on the people doing it today, but longer term for the betterment of Long Island lacrosse.

As for how such a league might evolve in the future, you could certainly attract a large number of town teams and over time, an elite program will emerge from such a structure. Once those elite structures begin to emerge, current elite programs might seek to join.

One reason why a league structure would initially focus on town teams is that these programs have access to field space (usually on local permits) which makes the schedule creation process all that much easier. When premier/elite programs do not have permits for fields is when the problems start in scheduling.

Sounds like a logistical and political nightmare, and something that would take a long time to develope. I see many soccer clubs and organizations who seem to own their own fields and complexs devoted to soccer. Does this exist anywhere in lacrosse? Seems all the league games are like you said, on town permitted property and all the worthwhile tournaments are out of state.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BRAVO

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I know a goalie from the Maryland/DC area who received a full athletic, no academic money, lacrosse scholarship. Playing a D1 sport is [lacrosse], rremeber what you wish for. Most girls get little or no athletic money. Big name lacrosse schools usually only give out 25% to incoming freshmen, they then may increase it if they contribute to the success of the team. Remember a fully funded program has only 12 scholarships to split up, many teams like Stanford are not fully funded and have even less scholarship money to spread around. Go to the the best academic school your daughter can get into, not the best lax program, ie choose Vassar, Stanford, Colgate over Penn State, UNC, Florida, or Maryland. The small elite universities have a far superior network base and the graduates have a much higher salary average.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I know a goalie from the Maryland/DC area who received a full athletic, no academic money, lacrosse scholarship. Playing a D1 sport is [lacrosse], rremeber what you wish for. Most girls get little or no athletic money. Big name lacrosse schools usually only give out 25% to incoming freshmen, they then may increase it if they contribute to the success of the team. Remember a fully funded program has only 12 scholarships to split up, many teams like Stanford are not fully funded and have even less scholarship money to spread around. Go to the the best academic school your daughter can get into, not the best lax program, ie choose Vassar, Stanford, Colgate over Penn State, UNC, Florida, or Maryland. The small elite universities have a far superior network base and the graduates have a much higher salary average.

Finally someone makes sense

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yeah, but there are some kids who want to play for love of the game. You have it sounding all too much like a job, go here and work cause it pays better. There is plenty of time for that, the rest of their lives will be spent doing that. If it were a pure finacial thing, save the $5k + a year spent on lax teams, tournament, equipment, training, recruiting, cothes etc... get you daughter an after school job during HS and college and full time summer job instead of time spent at lax practice and games. Seriously, add up 6 years of HS and 4 years of college, how much time spent playing instead of what could have been spent earning, now throw in the 30-50k++ many spend on the sport. The point is, most of us throw this out the window because the kids love to play. If you try to put a finacial scholarship justification spin on the whole thing, there is no doubt it is a losing battle for nearly all involved, except the people making the money off lax. You do allude to the real value, and it's not scholarship money. If your kid can get into a better college because of lacrosse, that's where the value may be, but again if she spent all the time studying rather than playing lax, she would likely have the grades to get in anyway, so again it is back to play for the love of the game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
But the coach from ACME UNIVERSITY wants my kid to play and will give us money to come to north dakota where she can major in widgit making.

She just Committed and posted it on her club website and on her facebook page

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yeah, but there are some kids who want to play for love of the game. You have it sounding all too much like a job, go here and work cause it pays better. There is plenty of time for that, the rest of their lives will be spent doing that. If it were a pure finacial thing, save the $5k + a year spent on lax teams, tournament, equipment, training, recruiting, cothes etc... get you daughter an after school job during HS and college and full time summer job instead of time spent at lax practice and games. Seriously, add up 6 years of HS and 4 years of college, how much time spent playing instead of what could have been spent earning, now throw in the 30-50k++ many spend on the sport. The point is, most of us throw this out the window because the kids love to play. If you try to put a finacial scholarship justification spin on the whole thing, there is no doubt it is a losing battle for nearly all involved, except the people making the money off lax. You do allude to the real value, and it's not scholarship money. If your kid can get into a better college because of lacrosse, that's where the value may be, but again if she spent all the time studying rather than playing lax, she would likely have the grades to get in anyway, so again it is back to play for the love of the game.

Now that makes sense! Great post!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
that is the 1st thing i heard on this YJ thread that makes sense

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So....according to this...a is a 40% offer good?

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
So....according to this...a is a 40% offer good?
Yes, an athletics offer for an entering freshman at 40% is an excellent offer.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looking at # of views for this thread at this time yesterday and it was 670,910. Looking at it right now it's up to 681,068. That's over 10,000 views in one day! Those are crazy #'s. I guess the members are allowed to look but don't touch. I don't exactly know how a high volume of traffic effects the BOTC, but I'm sure it's not a bad thing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJ gag order by queen bee . but they still take a peek

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJ gag order by queen bee . but they still take a peek
Here is something really scary to to think about. Suppose that everything here that you read is true from the lawyer's phone calls right through to today. With those view counts, it means that readership is off the charts here on BOTC.

Now, suppose that the Yellow Jackets "banned" posting. If the ban is true, that tells you that all (most) of the ugly comments, all of the insights, all of the bad press ... are coming from inside the Yellow Jackets organization itself.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here is something even scarier ,they let people like you have children. You have gotten no response from your obvious try to instigate because no one has any idea what you are trying to say. Is the YJ the best organization for everyone, absolutely not.Do they usually have the absolute best team on long island at any age group,absolutely yes. Do CR make a lot of money because of it ,absolutely

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here is something even scarier ,they let people like you have children. You have gotten no response from your obvious try to instigate because no one has any idea what you are trying to say. Is the YJ the best organization for everyone, absolutely not.Do they usually have the absolute best team on long island at any age group,absolutely yes. Do CR make a lot of money because of it ,absolutely
They just cant stop shooting off there mouths and bragging, even when CR says to stop, obnoxious to the core

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They just cant stop shooting off there mouths and bragging, even when CR says to stop, obnoxious to the core

I totally get what you are saying, but I know many of the girls, coaches and parents and truth is there are many good people in this club, and some of the teams are obviously really good as well. The problem is, just like all the other clubs, there is a certain number of "those" parents. Every game lacrosse game you go to seems to have one or two,yj game or other. I'm sure there in one on your daughter's team. Since yellow jacket is such a massive club you end up with a large number of "those" parents. For the rest of all the good people in the club, I feel bad for you, and agree with CR (if it's even true), they should put a muzzle on them.

Like Reply Quote
Page 43 of 327 1 2 41 42 43 44 45 326 327
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard