BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,300
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 200 of 327 1 2 198 199 200 201 202 326 327
Re: Long Island Yellow Jackets Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
actually 4.. one girls came up from Florida.. all the new girls except for one played for YJ.. the other girl got moved up from jones

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I think the first 4 2019 teams are pretty solid. After that who knows what you got.

I think that's wishful thinking! The next big win that the "A" team gets will be its first

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Try 3 with finagling to try get more.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Daughter played against Graz team last summer. He did not seem very nice.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can someone help shed some light on the 2019 teams? It's clearly the largest age group. What is to be expected as a member of the Fleming group? Will this team play in all of the lowest brackets?And does anyone know anything more about who Fleming is?

I think she is a 2nd year player on Stony Brook and played on YJ. Since she is in college and will be tied up with lax at school she will not be around very much as she is the only coach listed and between school and lax will be very busy. Its a 6th team. I dont think it matters nor does YJ care what person they put in there to coach the team. I doubt she ever coached before and needed a name/warm body so that they can list somebody on that team as the coacj and cash your check. Just go with it. Where are you going to go now, all the tryouts are over so what options do you have?

What a douchy response.

Sounds like its your way of saying it was an accurate and honest response.

No its my way of saying what a [lacrosse] bag , sort of like you. Funny a collegiate player coaching a team sounds like TG except this one plays at stony brook so hopefully she is around more than most college coaches. Its even possible some of her teammates will help out so may be a good thing.
The whole Stony Brook team will probably help out, The whole team is comprised of Y.J. Alum

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can someone help shed some light on the 2019 teams? It's clearly the largest age group. What is to be expected as a member of the Fleming group? Will this team play in all of the lowest brackets?And does anyone know anything more about who Fleming is?

I think she is a 2nd year player on Stony Brook and played on YJ. Since she is in college and will be tied up with lax at school she will not be around very much as she is the only coach listed and between school and lax will be very busy. Its a 6th team. I dont think it matters nor does YJ care what person they put in there to coach the team. I doubt she ever coached before and needed a name/warm body so that they can list somebody on that team as the coacj and cash your check. Just go with it. Where are you going to go now, all the tryouts are over so what options do you have?

What a douchy response.

Sounds like its your way of saying it was an accurate and honest response.

No its my way of saying what a [lacrosse] bag , sort of like you. Funny a collegiate player coaching a team sounds like TG except this one plays at stony brook so hopefully she is around more than most college coaches. Its even possible some of her teammates will help out so may be a good thing.
The whole Stony Brook team will probably help out, The whole team is comprised of Y.J. Alum

Sounds like the coaches will really get to know the girls with different girls coming every week and no consistency in coaching. Sounds like a top notch solution. "Group" coaching, the new trend! Why have one person who will get to know your kid when you can get a rotaing group of people who wont see your kid more than once.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YOU PEOPLE EXCEED YOUR REPUTATION!! YOU ARE A BUNCH OF ANIMALS!!! YOUR PARENTS ARE TEACHING THEIR KIDS TO BE ANUMALS TOO!! CLASSLESS!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
actually 4.. one girls came up from Florida.. all the new girls except for one played for YJ.. the other girl got moved up from jones

If you're on the team you must be an idiot if you don't realize that the new coach brought his daughter and two other TG kids to the 2020's and his older kid and two other TG kids to the 2019's - get a clue before it's too late

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Its amazing how some of these parents act, it sound like high school chatter. Talking behind peoples back and so forth. Sounds like some of you need to face reality this is travel lacrosse, these coaches are trying to put together the best teams as possible to be succesful. Every pal, h.s. And travel coaches have to make hard decisions and there are reasons for those decisions and sometimes it not the ones they want to make, but they do. Thank god my boys don't have these problems.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you're on the team you must be an idiot if you don't realize that the new coach brought his daughter and two other TG kids to the 2020's and his older kid and two other TG kids to the 2019's - get a clue before it's too late
I hear the new girls on 2019 blue wbo came over from Top Guns are replacing 1st string middie line. That was part of the back door deal.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I hear the new girls on 2019 blue wbo came over from Top Guns are replacing 1st string middie line. That was part of the back door deal.

If true that will sting

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i have no problem with coaches kids getting some advantages over other players. they stepped up to coach and for the most part do a decent job. of course they are going to favor their own children. that's life. you want your kid to have an advantage-then coach.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i do not think all of the coaches are trying to put together "the best team possible to be successful". Some of these coaches are only trying to promote their own children. If they were really trying to "put together the best team possible" their own daughters would not be on the teams. Not the case for all coaches and teams, but more often than not-this is the case.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Really?? Where did you hear that? Just stirring [lacrosse] don't bite!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i have no problem with coaches kids getting some advantages over other players. they stepped up to coach and for the most part do a decent job. of course they are going to favor their own children. that's life. you want your kid to have an advantage-then coach.
Oh please!! First of all the coaches are getting paid and tbeir daughters are playing for free!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think the first 4 2019 teams are pretty solid. After that who knows what you got.
I'm not so sure about that 4th team. From what I understand, the coach is a no show quite often and the asst coach is a daddy coach with no experience.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Oh please!! First of all the coaches are getting paid and tbeir daughters are playing for free!!

So is it only in other sports that coaches are harder on their own kids? In travel lacrosse is it I coach so my daughter starts and plays the most minutes?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So is it only in other sports that coaches are harder on their own kids? In travel lacrosse is it I coach so my daughter starts and plays the most minutes?

You obviously coach your own kid and feel you are harder on them. If that is the case then its not fair to your own kid and you may want to step back and let someone else take over, or are you too much of a control freak.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm not so sure about that 4th team. From what I understand, the coach is a no show quite often and the asst coach is a daddy coach with no experience.
I think he came from TG. Also a double dipper.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Coach was a no show but now this is her only team and she's really going to commit to this team. Who is Daddy Coach on this team?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Daddies shouldn't be coaching their kids, this isn't PAL

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hmmmm---

COSTA
LONIGRO
MITCHELL
MANNING

WOW!!!!!
SEEMS LIKE A LOT OF DADDY AND MOMMY COACHES

If your on Cook's Team you probably have the best Coach out there for the age group.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

At this age, I bet you’ll see a lot of people deciding to hold onto their money instead of giving it to CR so their daughter can play on a 4th, 5th or 6th team.
These teams are excluded from the better tournaments and seeded in weaker divisions. What is the benefit of that?
I don’t think those kids ever get moved up, so why stick around.
You basically have a glorified PAL league at that point with the privilege of wearing the YJ jacket and slapping the YJ bumper sticker on your car.
You’re better off putting that money in your daughter’s college fund or going on vacation.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Which 2019 mom will be sleeping around at tourney this year?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Totally disagree. Graz is very dedicated (has the team in numerous year-round leagues, practices, etc), focused on making the girls better players and does not "yell all game". Also regarding "B/C divisions in tournaments and still didn't win", that is also not true. His team last summer only lost 4-5 games all summer long and two of those losses were to the Blue team and one was to M&D Black. The only bad loss was to TG Purple when their goalie played spectacular.

I'm going to agree with the original poster. My daughter played with Jones before being moved to Graz. She is 10x the coach he is. Yes, we play a lot of fall/winter lax, but that doesn't make him a good coach. That's just providing opportunities to play, not coaching. He's loud, demeaning and just cares about the next TG girl he can get on his team. My daughter plays plenty, believe me. That's not why I'm posting. Lets be honest. The second team of such a dominant program deserves much much better. And yes, he plays the girls down, that's why he wins. I'm not above admitting that and my daughter plays on the team. We want to see the best competition and he consistently puts us 2 and sometimes 3 brackets below Rose's team. I'm not bitter. I just expected more from the organization. [/quote]

If your daughter played on Jones before being moved down to Graz, Im guessing this is a different age. Any which way, if this is true you are no longer anonymous. And you say your daughter still plays for Graz? Im sure she appreciates you singling her out, bitching about coach. Im sure thats really going to help her situation out.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wow that's screwed up !

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Its the exception to have a daddy coach where their kid actually belongs on the team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hmmmm---

COSTA
LONIGRO
MITCHELL
MANNING

WOW!!!!!

If your on Cook's Team you probably have the best Coach out there for the age group.

HMMMMM
Daddy and Mommy coaches with some pretty good experience.
BTW…You forgot Graz, who also has experience.
Point is, why would you pay all this money to have an inexperienced daddy coach guiding your daughter.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Is your wife taking this summer off?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Stop! That is not happening.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Stop! That is not happening.

The Yellow Jacket Swingers doesn't refer to a Yellow Jack Golf Outing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Totally disagree. Graz is very dedicated (has the team in numerous year-round leagues, practices, etc), focused on making the girls better players and does not "yell all game". Also regarding "B/C divisions in tournaments and still didn't win", that is also not true. His team last summer only lost 4-5 games all summer long and two of those losses were to the Blue team and one was to M&D Black. The only bad loss was to TG Purple when their goalie played spectacular.

I'm going to agree with the original poster. My daughter played with Jones before being moved to Graz. She is 10x the coach he is. Yes, we play a lot of fall/winter lax, but that doesn't make him a good coach. That's just providing opportunities to play, not coaching. He's loud, demeaning and just cares about the next TG girl he can get on his team. My daughter plays plenty, believe me. That's not why I'm posting. Lets be honest. The second team of such a dominant program deserves much much better. And yes, he plays the girls down, that's why he wins. I'm not above admitting that and my daughter plays on the team. We want to see the best competition and he consistently puts us 2 and sometimes 3 brackets below Rose's team. I'm not bitter. I just expected more from the organization.

If your daughter played on Jones before being moved down to Graz, Im guessing this is a different age. Any which way, if this is true you are no longer anonymous. And you say your daughter still plays for Graz? Im sure she appreciates you singling her out, bitching about coach. Im sure thats really going to help her situation out. [/quote]

Trust me, I'm not the only one dissatisfied with Rose's choice of coach. She moved up to Graz, not down. She wasn't alone. She doesn't like him either. It's a very unfortunate situation. You should be able to be happy about moving up, not the opposite. He is not a good coach or role model.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hey Now!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hmmmm---

COSTA
LONIGRO
MITCHELL
MANNING

WOW!!!!!

HMMMMM
Point is, why would you pay all this money to have an inexperienced daddy coach guiding your daughter.

You also forgot Huff and Baker

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I thought Baker played D1 college Lacrosse ? Atleast that's what her players think ?? Is this true ? If so why would you put her in this?

Hmmmm---

COSTA
LONIGRO
MITCHELL
MANNING

WOW!!!!!

HMMMMM

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hmmmm---

COSTA
LONIGRO
MITCHELL
MANNING

WOW!!!!!

Don't forget Sconone...mommy asst. Coach

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm going to agree with the original poster. My daughter played with Jones before being moved to Graz. She is 10x the coach he is. Yes, we play a lot of fall/winter lax, but that doesn't make him a good coach. That's just providing opportunities to play, not coaching. He's loud, demeaning and just cares about the next TG girl he can get on his team. My daughter plays plenty, believe me. That's not why I'm posting. Lets be honest. The second team of such a dominant program deserves much much better. And yes, he plays the girls down, that's why he wins. I'm not above admitting that and my daughter plays on the team. We want to see the best competition and he consistently puts us 2 and sometimes 3 brackets below Rose's team. I'm not bitter. I just expected more from the organization.

If your daughter played on Jones before being moved down to Graz, Im guessing this is a different age. Any which way, if this is true you are no longer anonymous. And you say your daughter still plays for Graz? Im sure she appreciates you singling her out, bitching about coach. Im sure thats really going to help her situation out.

Trust me, I'm not the only one dissatisfied with Rose's choice of coach. She moved up to Graz, not down. She wasn't alone. She doesn't like him either. It's a very unfortunate situation. You should be able to be happy about moving up, not the opposite. He is not a good coach or role model. [/quote]

Maybe you should ask to move down if you not satisfied, why dont she like him, or is this another parent whose daughter got moved down.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's a good one - thanks for the laugh before bed.

I thought Baker played D1 college Lacrosse ? Atleast that's what her players think ?? Is this true ? If so why would you put her in this?

Hmmmm---

COSTA
LONIGRO
MITCHELL
MANNING

WOW!!!!!

HMMMMM

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Coach Mitchell is an excellent coach. He has more knowledge about
lacrosse than just about anyone. He has never been my daughters coach but he has trained her. Trust me, he will make the players on his team the best they can be. His practices are second to none. I am not sure which team he is coaching {best team or worst team} I can only say that the girls on that roster are lucky!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wow that's screwed up !

All of a sudden after rosters are posted there is an awful lot of attacking going on. Perhaps some feelings were hurt when someone's darling daughter wasn't shown any love.

Like Reply Quote
Page 200 of 327 1 2 198 199 200 201 202 326 327
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard