Get it on Google Play
Get it on App Store
Get it on Google Play Get it on App Store
Team Registration is Now Open for the East Coast Showdown & Lehigh Lax Fest!
BACK OF THE CAGE
MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous - 03/06/21 01:08 AM
True Annapolis
by Anonymous - 03/05/21 11:18 PM
Girls 2024-9th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
by Anonymous - 03/05/21 09:59 PM
Girls 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous - 03/05/21 08:10 PM
Boys 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous - 03/05/21 07:30 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics2,275
Posts283,508
Members2,244
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
SUBSCRIBE

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 16 of 65 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 64 65
Re: Age Verification
GoodSport #96986 11/28/14 11:02 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I really liked the guy that stated separate them by size and weight.
Lets see I am a College Coach - do I go to field #3 and watch the 5'5" 140lb and under game or do I go to field #1 and watch the 6 footers?

Like Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Anonymous #97048 11/28/14 10:28 PM
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I really liked the guy that stated separate them by size and weight.
Lets see I am a College Coach - do I go to field #3 and watch the 5'5" 140lb and under game or do I go to field #1 and watch the 6 footers?

Lol I think it's fair to say that is just not a option- but it does speak to why proper age verification is paramount in all sports

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #97055 11/29/14 07:02 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No LI dad is going to respond to this because you just exposed their B.S.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #97066 11/29/14 08:22 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]I really liked the guy that stated separate them by size and weight.
/quote]

In that sentence you don't capitalize "College Coach."

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #97140 11/29/14 04:36 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
edge 2019 all played bantam box lacrosse last summer which includes age verification. Bantam Box in 2014 was for players born in 2001 and 2000. A slight exaggeration saying these kids are in grade 10. NONE of them are over the age of 14

What position are you in to verify the birth dates of the Edge program players?

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #97141 11/29/14 04:43 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think some posters are missing the point of the Edge Lacrosse program issue. The program, not the parents, is structured so that their rosters are one year older than the teams they play against.

Obfuscate the point all you want. The fact remains their business model centers around organized and purposeful cheating which endangers players without parents having the ability to decide if they want their child playing against older kids.

School cutoff dates, weight, height....its all a smoke screen that I must believe is being sent up by an Edge employee or director.

My sons coach has already confirmed they will not register for tournaments that allows the Edge teams to participate. He's an old school Syracuse alumni who is hyper competitive but thinks the Edge program policy is dangerous and completely unfair. I think he has some pull with a bunch of larger tournaments through his college relationships. Hopefully it has the desired effect.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #97193 11/29/14 09:08 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is he going to avoid Sweetlax, 3d, Crabs et al? They are all doing it. Are you LI people that slow?

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #97196 11/29/14 09:09 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
edge 2019 all played bantam box lacrosse last summer which includes age verification. Bantam Box in 2014 was for players born in 2001 and 2000. A slight exaggeration saying these kids are in grade 10. NONE of them are over the age of 14

Edge Parent. All players born in 2000. All players 14 yrs old or younger.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #97199 11/29/14 09:23 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How are they all in full puberty then? Is that a Canada thing? Please??

Like Reply Quote
GoodSport #97200 11/29/14 09:36 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My son is a 2002- 7th grader and will be 13 in the early part of this new year - So the 2000 kids will be 15 starting in about 1 month. Aren't most kids turning 14 in 8th grade - the 2019 year???? Our 9th graders turn 15, not our 8th graders. Are we talking about 2019 Edge being 2000 yr born?

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #97213 11/29/14 11:54 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is he going to avoid Sweetlax, 3d, Crabs et al? They are all doing it. Are you LI people that slow?

It seems to me that the slow LI people are trying to bring some sanity to a dangerous and unethical situation. While the Wendy whiners in the greater Balto area that have clearly flouted the rules for years are upset by any push to right the ship.
Canadians are following the lead of the cheaters south of the 49th, but they have always followed big brother. You can't blame them.

Let's all agree, September 1 cutoff date. If kids aren't 5yrs old by 9/1, they don't have to enter kindergarten.

Let's get the US Lax, CLA, OLA, etc, to show some leadership and mandate birth certificate verified photo ID's.

All of the side-bantering, including mine, doesn't mean a thing until we have organized, mandated standardization of age verification.

I have friends who are affiliated with the Edge program, and I Iove the lacrosse they produce, but the language on their website is disturbing. It illustrates the need for standardized age verification.

Like Reply Quote
GoodSport #97214 11/30/14 12:00 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
play by grade only - stop the BS - 2018's play against 2018's

Like Reply Quote
GoodSport #97232 11/30/14 09:41 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That is great for your old kid, but seems unfair to have barely 14 year olds playing against 16 year olds because they "decided" to repeat 8th grade twice or just "reclassified" (maybe do a PG year 4 years from now).

Cheating is cheating.

Cheat - act dishonestly or unfairly in order to gain an advantage , especially in a game or examination

That is from the dictionary. Does that hit a little close to home?

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #97237 11/30/14 09:56 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It seems to me that the slow LI people are trying to bring some sanity to a dangerous and unethical situation. While the Wendy whiners in the greater Balto area that have clearly flouted the rules for years are upset by any push to right the ship.
Canadians are following the lead of the cheaters south of the 49th, but they have always followed big brother. You can't blame them.

Let's all agree, September 1 cutoff date. If kids aren't 5yrs old by 9/1, they don't have to enter kindergarten.

Let's get the US Lax, CLA, OLA, etc, to show some leadership and mandate birth certificate verified photo ID's.

All of the side-bantering, including mine, doesn't mean a thing until we have organized, mandated standardization of age verification.

I have friends who are affiliated with the Edge program, and I Iove the lacrosse they produce, but the language on their website is disturbing. It illustrates the need for standardized age verification.

Some American clubs started this practice. How can we blame Edge for following. Btw the CLA does not sanction and have nothing to do with Canadian club teams. They sanction box lacrosse and national and international field teams and tournaments.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #97240 11/30/14 10:01 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How are they all in full puberty then? Is that a Canada thing? Please??

You don't think the best lacrosse players in Ontario have started puberty by 14? They are the too players for their area...of course they are going to be big.

Like Reply Quote
Page 16 of 65 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 64 65
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Link Copied to Clipboard