BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,193
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 42 of 327 1 2 40 41 42 43 44 326 327
Re: Long Island Yellow Jackets Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
instead of pay to play, its play to watch

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Yes, but you get to wear Bee gear. whistle

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by Anonymous
The 2020 teams have been steadily changing since "tryout results" were posted back in Jan, plenty of new girls who did not attend the tryouts have been added. Guess the tryouts were a bit meaningless at least for the 2020's. But 27 on one team is absurd.
I don't mean to pry , but what is the cost for a 2020 team. I didn't play my daughter when she was that age so I'm curious

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJ parents are queen bees puppets. or baby bees

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not saying that they do not have too many girls per team but why is it you all feel the need to just flat out lie. Whichbteam has that many?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
who are all the new kids added to the 2020 teams. i also would like to know the ideal number of girls for a travel team.

For many of the big summer tournaments with 10 field players, 20-24 players is not uncommon and actually needed. On the second day of tournaments a team may play two pool games and then two or three playoff games if they keep winning. Full field, extreme heat, crazy amount of running. Two full line changes is quite beneficial. 27 is too many. Most clubs will host a team to play up one year. Since most all of the tournaments start with the 6th grade divisions, clubs will stretch it and let the 5th grade teams play up. These multiple 2020 teams the yellow jackets are made up of 3rd and 4th graders. Are they just playing local tournaments or are they sending these teams to the out of town tournaments?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
sheep to the slaughter

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
cost is the same for all teams, the younger kids subsidize the older ones, it's been that way for ever

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2020 - 26 players
2019 - 27 players
2018 - 28 players
2017 - 26 players
2016 - 28 players
2015 - 25 players
2014 - 28 players
2013 - 27 players

these are all available to see on the yj website, i hope all those 2013 & 2014 players already have thier college committments! lol

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am sure you do mean to pry but what does it matter what the cost is, I have no idea but if parents want to pay to have their kids play more lacrosse good for them maybe they did not spend money on an xbox or ugh boots or a fancy car but would rather spend it on that.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
they will all get plenty of playing time in cr's mitchell field tournament - 25-28 kids on the roster and the play 25 minute games! good times!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
some age groups have over 100 players on the rosters, they're running out of numbers!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
so funny that you all feel you know what's better for these kids then their parents do.If they want to pay to have their child on a team with 30 kids or 12 kids why do you care.Anybody who has been around long enough knows there is no perfect number,personally I would rather have too few then too many.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
I am sure you do mean to pry but what does it matter what the cost is, I have no idea but if parents want to pay to have their kids play more lacrosse good for them maybe they did not spend money on an xbox or ugh boots or a fancy car but would rather spend it on that.
Relax , I didn't imply anything. I said in the post I didn't start my daughter until later and I was just woundering if they payed less because there is not a lot of tournaments for kids that age. Liberty has teams the same age and i was just asking because the topic came up.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by libertydad
Relax , I didn't imply anything. I said in the post I didn't start my daughter until later and I was just woundering if they payed less because there is not a lot of tournaments for kids that age. Liberty has teams the same age and i was just asking because the topic came up.

Yeah Liberty Dad never means to pry.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
EXACTLY

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by libertydad

Yeah Liberty Dad never means to pry.
You yellow jackets have become really jaded, it was just a question

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
GREAT POST!!

THEY ARE RUNNING OUT NUMBERS.

That sort of sums it all up don't you think?

So take a guess, how much profit do the YJ's make a year? anyone??

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
9 years to go for the 13's at what $4000+ per year? team, camps, clinics, travel, gear.

And the YJ's cant find a suiter to buy?

this is multi million dollar cash flow.

And some have parent coaches?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
9 years to go for the 13's at what $4000+ per year? team, camps, clinics, travel, gear.

This money is nothing compared to all the top girls in the YJ who will get full rides to BETTER colleges than Your daughter . Lets see, >50,000/year x 4 years. Add it up Loser while we laugh at you .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Oh and they still manage to be very very successful.
Eat your heart out all you HATERS!!

Congrats to YJ at Shamrock Shootout!!

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
This money is nothing compared to all the top girls in the YJ who will get full rides to BETTER colleges than Your daughter . Lets see, >50,000/year x 4 years. Add it up Loser while we laugh at you .
This has been discussed on the Colleg Forum extensively, however to summarize : expecting a full scholarship on the back of atheletics simply does not make sense. With 25+ players on a collegiate roster, and 12.6 Men's and 12.0 Women's Athletic Scholarships available for a fully funded NCAA Division I program, this works out to an average of less than 50% per player. Expanded rosters, underfunded programs, and heavy freshman recruiting classes can skew these numbers down significantly.

Remember that Division II schools are capped at 10.8 Men's and 9.9 Women's lacrosse athletic scholarships.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WOULD LOVE TO SEE THE LIST OF GIRLS GETTING FULL SCHOLARSHIPS FOR LAX - THEY DON'T EXIST - MAYBE,MAYBE FORTUNATO - I BET YOU CAN'T LIST 5 KIDS WITH FULL RIDES TO A D1 SCHOOL FOR LAX

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
don't have any thing negative to say. but would like to add that if you think your daughters are getting scholarships ( full or otherwise ) because they play for the yj you are mistaken. Give your child the credit they deserve, they are great players and would earn these accolades regardless of what club they play for

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
At least YJ has Long Lists of kids and where they go.
Can't say much for other clubs. Show us those lists
Compared to YJ ummmm No comparison!!! They will continue
To get kids because the consumer can visually see where the YJ
Kids are getting recruited!! They have proven that there kids
Move on to the next level. When other clubs produce list like that they will become more credible.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

With this last post I just had to jump in this discussion. Let's see, yj's have 3 -4 teams graduate out each year, that's pushing 100 kids. Now we will have to assume from your post that all 100 of them will get a full ride to the college of their choice. Of course my daugther who doesn't play for yj's will have no shot at any scholarship money and play for some college nobody has every heard of. If your sending kids through yj and banking on a full ride, you are in it for all the wrong reasons (plus you have your head up your a**). Now before the rest of yj parent respond, let me say that I know and respect the club, many fine people and great players. The truth is that if your daughter can play at a high level she will be wanted from the college coaches no matter what club they come from. As far as a full ride, good luck with that. Somehow I don't think when you included all the rest of the yj's in the statement "add it up loser, while we laugh at you" you really have their backing. I'm sure most of them would be embarrassed by your assumptions. Will a few yj girl's get a full ride? Maybe. If your daughter plays for yj's will she get a full ride? Certainly not. So maybe your daughter is the golden girl on the blue team and you will see that full ride come true and you can laugh at all the rest of us, but you will laughing alone and at many other yj players who didn't get a full ride.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WOULD LOVE TO SEE THE LIST OF GIRLS GETTING FULL SCHOLARSHIPS FOR LAX - THEY DON'T EXIST - MAYBE,MAYBE FORTUNATO - I BET YOU CAN'T LIST 5 KIDS WITH FULL RIDES TO A D1 SCHOOL FOR LAX

That is probably true, but there are many who get 60-80% which still = 10's of thousands of dollars! These girls are fortunate to come from an area considered a "Hot Bed". If you don't think the college coaches regard a girl higher who plays on LI over a girls from anywhere other than Maryland (which is equal) you are mistaken! Same applies to the YJ's over the other clubs RIGHT NOW. That can change in time. Coaches want to know that those players have played at the highest level of competition. With all the success they YJ girls have had in the college ranks recently, coaches are going to want to get on the band wagon. It is a great opportunity for all the LI girls. They are all very fortunate.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
At least YJ has Long Lists of kids and where they go.
Can't say much for other clubs. Show us those lists
Compared to YJ ummmm No comparison!!! They will continue
To get kids because the consumer can visually see where the YJ
Kids are getting recruited!! They have proven that there kids
Move on to the next level. When other clubs produce list like that they will become more credible.

With three NCAA divisions to play for, there are several hundred college teams to play for. When you have a huge club pushing huge #'s of players (yj's) you produce larger lists. It's a per capita thing. So yes yj is a very successful club for girls going on to play in college. But realize the lists are also marketing tool. Yj is a successful club on the field and an even bigger successful club off the field. The marketing and packaging of the product is second to none. Bigger clubs have more players, they are able to put together stronger teams, the lists "seem" more impressive. Yes yj's is a great club to play for if your daughter wants to go on to play in college, but don't put down other clubs because the don't belong to the hype marketing scheme.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How dare you post on here!! Didn't CR give specific instructions to never post on this site? You are so courageous!! Wow, a YJ parent who does NOT follow every word from CR. Didn't know any of them had this kind of guts. Oh, and by the way, thanks for posting because it really shows why we all laugh at you! Fear the B-OTC shirts coming soon I hope!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How dare you post on here!! Didn't CR give specific instructions to never post on this site? You are so courageous!! Wow, a YJ parent who does NOT follow every word from CR. Didn't know any of them had this kind of guts. Oh, and by the way, thanks for posting because it really shows why we all laugh at you! Fear the B-OTC shirts coming soon I hope!

Laughing all the way to the bank. Investing in your daughter now will pay you back big time in the future. I agree that it does not pay to invest in sports now if your daughter is not athletic!! Sore Losers. LOL

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why can't it be to D2 or D3 schools, as long as it is a Full Ride!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My daughter is a yj and most probably be offered a 50% ride and if we are lucky some academic $. Women's lacrosse is a different animal than soccer so if you are uniformed please research. There are a FEW that will get a full ride. Those few are amazing and yes they probably would be able to get that even if they were with another club. Other kids , including my daughter, coach rose had definately improved their game and should be credited for this. Rumors about yj being sold have been around for the last 5 years at least. YJ is a business and a very successful one at that. Not sure why there is a problem with this? You guys pay your cabl bills? You are getting raped by the Dolan family- have you started a thread for that? Top gun is new- give them a few years and you should see multiple teams as well. I would love to know if all these negative comments are from one former disgruntled YJ -and if not those parents have every opportunity to leave and go to TG or liberty. The only ones where it would be a sticky situation would be the nortport ones. Everyone else there is freedom to move about. As a last note most of the people I have seen complaining - in person of course- are the fathers who have coached their daughters and think that they are the best players. Most of the time these players are great at their school level and when they get to yj or maybe even another club the parent fails to see that all he taught his kid was how to shoot and neglected to teach them stick skills which is the game. Good luck to everyone

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How do you know if it is a yellow jacket parent etc. who is actually posting these things or not.If you think their leader C.R. actually sent out an order for YJ parents etc. to not post on this or any forum you are an idiot.

By the way which club is it that is perfect for every kid because obviously that is who your child is playing for.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Why can't it be to D2 or D3 schools, as long as it is a Full Ride!!!
Well, for one reason, there are even fewer athletic scholarships available at the NCAA Division II level based on fully-funded caps established by the NCAA itself.

Second, NCAA Division III schools do NOT offer athletic scholarships. That said, remember that some of the best institutions in the country in the liberal arts space (like NESCAC schools Williams, Amherst, and others) are Division III.

Remember that you cannot correlate money, academic levels, athletic/competitive levels, and NCAA Divisions since they are all separate topics that are not organized together.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by CageSage
Remember that you cannot correlate money, academic levels, athletic/competitive levels, and NCAA Divisions since they are all separate topics that are not organized together.
To complete this thought, BOTC wanted to offer a couple of examples to consider. We already mentioned that Williams, the number one liberal arts college as ranked by US News and World Reports, is a Division III school with top academics that might provide a better experience than some Division II schools.

Adelphi, an NCAA Division II institution, has athletic scholarships on offer and can field teams that could easily handle some Division I programs in the Patriot League such as Lafayette, Lehigh, and Bucknell. Further, these Patriot League schools have extremely limited sports funding and are underfunded in lacrosse. Yet, their academic levels are across the board higher than Adelphi's from board scores to national academic performance.

So, there is no tracing academic progress from Division I to Division III, just as there are no guarantees on competitive levels. Further, there is no guarantee that a Division I program has more money available than a Division II program. The only thing you can guarantee is that Division III programs do not offer athletic scholarships.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
My daughter is a yj and most probably be offered a 50% ride and if we are lucky some academic $.
A 0.50 offer is an outstanding initial offer for an entering freshman candidate. Given the number of recruited players, BOTN/BOTC have often pointed out that pure numbers indicate that a 0.25 offer is a solid offer with 0.50 being a homerun (to coin the baseball term). All of these offers can be augmented with grants, financial aid, and academic scholarships.

The controversy starts when these other three sources of funding are mixed together with the athletic money and creates a "full ride" concept. Many readers assume the "full ride" is created from athletics alone which is a mistake.

Also remember that athletic contracts (and yes, these are contracts) are issued and renewed each year at college. Hence, the idea of a guaranteed four-year ride is another collegiate sports myth.

Women's lacrosse is a different animal than soccer so if you are uniformed please research.
Actually, we disagree here entirely. From an NCAA compliance and recruiting perspective, women's lacrosse and women's soccer are incredibly similar. Athletic directors will confirm this for you during your on-campus visits if you choose to speak with them.

There are a FEW that will get a full ride. Those few are amazing and yes they probably would be able to get that even if they were with another club.
Institutions will do everything possible to find other sources of funding (grants) before allocating their athletic money which is highly regulated by the NCAA Compliance function. Creating packages is a balancing act in the athletics office that is more difficult than one might initially believe.

I would love to know if all these negative comments are from one former disgruntled YJ -and if not those parents have every opportunity to leave and go to TG or liberty.
While you can disagree, the comments on this thread, both positive and negative are coming from dozens of different sources on a daily/weekly basis. This is not a discussion being led by one individual.

As a last note most of the people I have seen complaining - in person of course- are the fathers who have coached their daughters and think that they are the best players.
This is a good example where a premier league structure based here in the Northeast would actually help answer this question. By having a tiered league structure, as opposed to selected tournaments, you tend to get a collection of the best teams and players in a single structure - which provides a much better pecking order of the teams.

Most of the time these players are great at their school level and when they get to yj or maybe even another club the parent fails to see that all he taught his kid was how to shoot and neglected to teach them stick skills which is the game. Good luck to everyone.
This is very true. Seeing deeper competition is what drives the game beyond shooting and scoring to skills which are needed to play against other top defenses and offenses. Thanks very much for your post. Some excellent points here.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
My daughter is a yj and most probably be offered a 50% ride and if we are lucky some academic $. Women's lacrosse is a different animal than soccer so if you are uniformed please research. There are a FEW that will get a full ride. Those few are amazing and yes they probably would be able to get that even if they were with another club. Other kids , including my daughter, coach rose had definately improved their game and should be credited for this. Rumors about yj being sold have been around for the last 5 years at least. YJ is a business and a very successful one at that. Not sure why there is a problem with this? You guys pay your cabl bills? You are getting raped by the Dolan family- have you started a thread for that? Top gun is new- give them a few years and you should see multiple teams as well. I would love to know if all these negative comments are from one former disgruntled YJ -and if not those parents have every opportunity to leave and go to TG or liberty. The only ones where it would be a sticky situation would be the nortport ones. Everyone else there is freedom to move about. As a last note most of the people I have seen complaining - in person of course- are the fathers who have coached their daughters and think that they are the best players. Most of the time these players are great at their school level and when they get to yj or maybe even another club the parent fails to see that all he taught his kid was how to shoot and neglected to teach them stick skills which is the game. Good luck to everyone
well said, good luck to you and your daughter

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Cage sage I should clarify my statement- long island is one of the hotbeds for girls lax. More opportunity for lax girls from here than soccer girls scholarship wise. I don't know the exact # of girls that are going for soccer this year but maybe u r aware of the number

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And dont forget, Grant in Aide and Academic Scholarships get renewed each year with a min GPA. (Unless of course the benifactor goes bankrupt.) Not a contract that states and stipulates much more.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Cage sage I should clarify my statement- long island is one of the hotbeds for girls lax. More opportunity for lax girls from here than soccer girls scholarship wise. I don't know the exact # of girls that are going for soccer this year but maybe u r aware of the number

The person who posted this is a loser, and I fell bad for your daughter.

Like Reply Quote
Page 42 of 327 1 2 40 41 42 43 44 326 327
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard