Re: Age Verification
Anonymous #95383 11/17/14 06:21 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not endorsing the holdback thing , but skinny at age kids usually aren't seen at elite level teams. That's just the way it is. Size does matter when it comes down to fielding a team of 20 kids. Face the reality if your kid is too small. Sorry but true.

Like Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Anonymous #95387 11/17/14 06:30 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Not endorsing the holdback thing , but skinny at age kids usually aren't seen at elite level teams. That's just the way it is. Size does matter when it comes down to fielding a team of 20 kids. Face the reality if your kid is too small. Sorry but true.

Someone needs to tell that to some of the smaller Crush boys running cicles around our kids twice their size in the u15a bracket last weekend . Our team is from MD and they dominated us. Never underestimate a component based on size!

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #95409 11/17/14 08:04 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Edge are a bunch of thugs whose behavior is better suited to a hockey team. I wish tournament organizers in the US would tell them to stay home.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #95452 11/17/14 10:21 PM
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

Someone needs to tell that to some of the smaller Crush boys running cicles around our kids twice their size in the u15a bracket last weekend . Our team is from MD and they dominated us. Never underestimate a component based on size!

Well said

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #95457 11/17/14 10:29 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
lets get this started - my son is a 2018 and I verify his birthday is 3/19/2000 - who's next

Hey that's my birthday, we must be twins!

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #95723 11/18/14 11:00 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Edge are a bunch of thugs whose behavior is better suited to a hockey team. I wish tournament organizers in the US would tell them to stay home.

They play tough because they are more exposed to box lacrosse. Nothing "thuggery" about that. If the refs don't call the fouls, then they must not be fouls. Personally, I like their toughness.
Stick skill wise they have finesse, on defense I will admit they lack composure. That doesn't mean they shouldn't get an invite.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #95733 11/19/14 12:36 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Their a year older. Their website says 2019 Tryout, looking for 9th grade and exceptional 8th graders. They clearly define what reclassing means to them. Taking your PG year "now" and playing in your PG grad year...NOW! wth. Not making it up its on their site! Their not tough, their not, their a year older beating up on younger kids, real tough.

They play tough because they are more exposed to box lacrosse. Nothing "thuggery" about that. If the refs don't call the fouls, then they must not be fouls. Personally, I like their toughness.
Stick skill wise they have finesse, on defense I will admit they lack composure. That doesn't mean they shouldn't get an invite.

Like Reply Quote
GG1 N J18 #95738 11/19/14 07:14 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by GG1 N J18

Well said

Just because the other team is big doesn't mean they have elite skills. So yes a smaller team can run circle around bigger kids. I did say elite teams in my post.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #95740 11/19/14 07:21 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Their a year older. Their website says 2019 Tryout, looking for 9th grade and exceptional 8th graders. They clearly define what reclassing means to them. Taking your PG year "now" and playing in your PG grad year...NOW! wth. Not making it up its on their site! Their not tough, their not, their a year older beating up on younger kids, real tough.

I see what you are saying. And I don't believe in stacking rosters. That's not right and it's dangerous.

US Lax....where are you?!! All it takes is some clear definitions. Put out requirements to tourney leaders, etc.

Picture ID with birth dates. Line the kids up before every game and then let them play.

The sport of Lacrosse is begging for this. If US Lax did this, the CLA would follow.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #95744 11/19/14 08:17 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
But the local directors an dclub leaders are for the mostpart fighting it, SCPAL voted down going to age limits instead of grade and having football like rosters.

I see what you are saying. And I don't believe in stacking rosters. That's not right and it's dangerous.

US Lax....where are you?!! All it takes is some clear definitions. Put out requirements to tourney leaders, etc.

Picture ID with birth dates. Line the kids up before every game and then let them play.

The sport of Lacrosse is begging for this. If US Lax did this, the CLA would follow.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #95747 11/19/14 08:27 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by GG1 N J18

Well said

Just because the other team is big doesn't mean they have elite skills. So yes a smaller team can run circle around bigger kids. I did say elite teams in my post.

The better skilled players will always trump size in lacrosse. And the tournament featured elite teams from MD and Canada. this can be seen at the youth and HS level.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #95792 11/19/14 11:05 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Skill over size, that is true, however it places the kids at serious risk of injury. More so when the big kids get frustrated at losing. Teams who try to make up for lack of skill with brute force, and clueless parents who think "that's lacrosse" do a real disservice to the game and the rest of us have an obligation to call it out when we see it.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #95800 11/19/14 11:30 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Skill over size, that is true, however it places the kids at serious risk of injury. More so when the big kids get frustrated at losing. Teams who try to make up for lack of skill with brute force, and clueless parents who think "that's lacrosse" do a real disservice to the game and the rest of us have an obligation to call it out when we see it.

Have to agree here. Seen that happen plenty of times!

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #95816 11/19/14 12:36 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agreed too. Particularly at ages when some kids are hitting puberty and some aren't.

Not rocket science. US Lacrosse requires Proof of Birth and establish software that allows tournaments to offer online registration and waivers that cross reference US Lacrosse database.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #95819 11/19/14 12:44 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Edge program and the 2019 LI Express Westchester kids injury should not really be part of the HOLDBACK conversation. The Edge 2019 team was made up of current 9th and 10th graders--not holdbacks....they are just outright cheating and putting kids at risk of serious injury.

If you are a current 9th or 10th grader you are NOT a 2019 grad year. Therefore, you should NOT be playing on a 2019 team. Nor, should the EDGE LACROSSE program be permitted to stack a roster of older kids and enter them in a 2019 division.

Like Reply Quote
Page 9 of 65 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 64 65
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Link Copied to Clipboard