BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,687
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 26 of 52 1 2 24 25 26 27 28 51 52
Re: Boys 2018 Fall 2014/Summer 2015
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No drama? Your kid obviously didn't play on the 2018 team. Interesting group of parents.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
No drama? Your kid obviously didn't play on the 2018 team. Interesting group of parents.

Which team are you referring?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Autumn Classic in Maryland

So the Outlaws went 0 and 6 for the weekend??

Actually 0-5-1. They tied a game at fl$

Missing a lot of their top kids team will be OK next summer

Seems you are in the know. Which top players were missing? From what I heard all their top players were there except for the faceoff kid who plays for Sweetlax.

Not having that fogo is a big loss - he dominates

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You had your core 12 there?
what do you mean missing a lot of kids?
did you bring the wrong bottom 12?

There were some top players there, who did very well individually, just ask the college coaches that stayed for entire games to watch them and take notes. Others were not there.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Seems you are in the know. Which top players were missing? From what I heard all their top players were there except for the faceoff kid who plays for Sweetlax. [/quote]

Not having that fogo is a big loss - he dominates [/quote]

FOGO was very good on sweetlax, I would not say dominating. Probably little over 50 percent in the two games I saw. He's on outlaws and sweetlax?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There were some top players there, who did very well individually, just ask the college coaches that stayed for entire games to watch them and take notes. Others were not there.

If that's how you get through it!

Do you think maybe the coaches were watching and taking notes on the team that was beating you?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Seems you are in the know. Which top players were missing? From what I heard all their top players were there except for the faceoff kid who plays for Sweetlax.

FOGO was very good on sweetlax, I would not say dominating. Probably little over 50 percent in the two games I saw. He's on outlaws and sweetlax? [/quote]

Yes the FOGO plays for both Sweetlax and Outlaws Black. He will alternate tournaments between the two. Having him would have really helped with possession and would have made a difference in some games. There were a lot of coaches on the sidelines at fl$ in 3D on Saturday when the team played. Results might not have been what team wanted but exposure was great. This team will be fine come spring. Plenty of talent. Good luck to all Outlaws Black players.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

FOGO was very good on sweetlax, I would not say dominating. Probably little over 50 percent in the two games I saw. He's on outlaws and sweetlax? [/quote]

Yes, he is one of many top LI players moonlighting for Sweetlax, probably because in many cases they have better teams and kids play on scholarships.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Do you think maybe the coaches were watching and taking notes on the team that was beating you?

Again you take a shot at the team. When coaches are on the sidelines watching they will notice talent. If you don't understand that a good player will shine regardless if his team wins or looses you have no idea about talent and the recruiting process. So you think playing in front of 10 college coaches and your team might lose is a bad thing? Outlaws are playing in the right tournaments and getting their players exposure. That is the name of the game right now. Playing in Philly Freshmen this weekend. So far have played in all the top recruiting events this fall.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Again you take a shot at the team. When coaches are on the sidelines watching they will notice talent. If you don't understand that a good player will shine regardless if his team wins or looses you have no idea about talent and the recruiting process. So you think playing in front of 10 college coaches and your team might lose is a bad thing? Outlaws are playing in the right tournaments and getting their players exposure. That is the name of the game right now. Playing in Philly Freshmen this weekend. So far have played in all the top recruiting events this fall.

Some of your players will be in Philly Showcase this week. Not all. Could not agree more about the coaches if you lose a 7 6 game. If you lose 11 2, unfortunately, your attack is not getting a very good look. If you dominate a game as well, no good looks for goalie and defense. You want competitive games against the best teams.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ind showcase last week for 2017 and 2016 had 15 Outlaws in It
This week like 6-7
Thats petty good -

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Some of your players will be in Philly Showcase this week. Not all. Could not agree more about the coaches if you lose a 7 6 game. If you lose 11 2, unfortunately, your attack is not getting a very good look. If you dominate a game as well, no good looks for goalie and defense. You want competitive games against the best teams.

At fl$ this past Saturday the team played well and all games were within reach. Those that were there will tell you that there were more college coaches at the event on Saturday than Sunday. Scores were 9-4, 5-5, and 7-4. Those are pretty tight games against some pretty decent teams like BBL Black, Triad Elite of NC, and 3D Oregon. There were plenty of coaches on the sidelines watching these games. Happy to say that my son was there and played well. Were some of the college teams we contacted to let them know he was playing there, Yes. Was I happy with his play, Yes. Did the team win every game, No. Did the team play well enough to have a few players noticed, Yes. Cant win them all but playing in great tournaments and getting exposure is what this year is about. A

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thanks for the advice. Really appreciate it. If your son isn't on the team, then don't worry yourself. What team does your son play for?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Which 10 players are not going to philly showcase?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That makes no sense the deeper you go in a tournament the more games you play. The more collage coaches will see you. The championship game would be the game I would go to if I was a collage coach

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Terps. Your welcome.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That makes no sense the deeper you go in a tournament the more games you play. The more collage coaches will see you. The championship game would be the game I would go to if I was a collage coach

Many coaches already know who they are going to look at before they go to a tournament. On Sunday there were very few to no coaches at the events regular games. That is what I was told by many parents. On Saturday there were many coaches lining the fields of the fl$ in 3D event. Doesn't make sense but that's the way it unfolded. There were at least 5 to 6 coaches on the sideline of every Outlaws game on Saturday. If they were there to see an Outlaws player or a player from the team they were playing they were still there. Outlaws players still had exposure in some very tight games.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Terps. Your welcome.

You make some valid points Terps parent. There is a poster who was saying that Outlaws Black were not competitive. That is far from the truth. Played some really good teams this weekend at fl$ and were in every game as I posted a few posts above. We played the same Leading Edge Team you lost to from what I recall by 1 in overtime. We lost to them 9-4 in the Autumn Classic. Not that bad. Our team has made many new additions and players are getting used to playing with each other. This will take time and practice. Every player new or established on the team plays and contributes. This is far from the norm I have seen at many of the top programs.

As some have stated we do have a large roster of 32. This was known before anyone signed on and many made the choice to play on Outlaws because of the A la carte summer schedule. Reason for this is there are many players who also play for their high school teams and will need to commit some weekends to them. It wont always be the same players missing every weekend so the player mix will change weekly at events. As an Outlaws parent I am very happy with the tournaments my son has been chosen to play in this fall. The exposure has been great. So to the naysayers: we know what we signed on for and so far are very happy. Please worry about your team and not ours. We can handle our successes and failures just fine. We look forward to playing the best teams and getting better with every tournament. We may win some and lose some but will do it with dignity and pride. There will be no excuses from this parent. Good luck to all. Hope everyone's dream of playing lacrosse in college is achieved. May it be DI, DII, or DIII.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Terps. Your welcome.

Ok thanks, makes all the sense in the world now. Do yourself a favor, and worry about your own son and his team's issues, if you go to the Express thread it appears there are many for you to concern yourself with. I assure you, neither you, your son, nor his team are of any concern to me or my son in any way. Good luck to your son.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Terps. Your welcome.

Ok thanks, makes all the sense in the world now. Do yourself a favor, and worry about your own son and his team's issues, if you go to the Express thread it appears there are many for you to concern yourself with. I assure you, neither you, your son, nor his team are of any concern to me or my son in any way. Good luck to your son.

Then why did you ask what team? Nothing I posted was unique to your son's team and can not be disputed. It was all facts!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thanks for the advice. Really appreciate it. If your son isn't on the team, then don't worry yourself. What team does your son play for?

A little sensitive - no? The poster was not criticizing the Outlaws just stating facts that apply across the board. He is right that no team is sendig every player to the Philly Showcase - not even the Extreme.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wouldn't it be great to have someone put together a local Long Island tournament? My invite list to such a tournament would be:

91 Extreme
Express Terps
TLI U-15
fl$
Jesters
Outlaws
91 Orange
Express Wolverines

My bet is there would be some great lax and the boys would have a lot of fun playing against their buddies and classmates.

Of course, this will never happen.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
List of the top 2018 clubs IMHO, in no particular order.

91 Extreme
Express Terps
Jesters
Sweetlax
Dukes/HHH
Crabs
3d Colorado
3d Tri State
Madlax Capital
Team LI
Leading Edge
Top Gun Clams
FCA

Feel free to add, just my opinion from watching fall lax. Please lets have some fun with this.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
3 select Oregon did not win a game on Sunday playing A division on Sunday
So how could outlaws state they were playing good teams?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

91 Extreme
Express Terps
Jesters
Sweetlax
Dukes/HHH
Crabs
3d Colorado
3d Tri State
Madlax Capital
Team LI
Leading Edge
Top Gun Clams
FCA

Feel free to add, just my opinion from watching fall lax. Please lets have some fun with this.

What team on this list have jesters ever beat??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

91 Extreme
Express Terps
Jesters
Sweetlax
Dukes/HHH
Crabs
3d Colorado
3d Tri State
Madlax Capital
Team LI
Leading Edge
Top Gun Clams
FCA

It's insane to have the Jesters on that list. The 2018 Vipers are a better team than the jesters and they don't belong on this list either.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

91 Extreme
Express Terps
Jesters
Sweetlax
Dukes/HHH
Crabs
3d Colorado
3d Tri State
Madlax Capital
Team LI
Leading Edge
Top Gun Clams
FCA

Not sure who theyve beat or who they havent. I saw them this weekend at fl$ in 3d and they played some very good teams pretty tough. Again its just a list to have some fun with

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

91 Extreme
Express Terps
Jesters
Sweetlax
Dukes/HHH
Crabs
3d Colorado
3d Tri State
Madlax Capital
Team LI
Leading Edge
Top Gun Clams
FCA

tough to have FCA and Sweetlax on the list since so many of their kids play with other teams also on that list - is team LI a 2018 team or a U15 team? I would put Laxachusetts on that list and the jesters do not belong......IMHO

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Real Question.

My son was asked by a D1 College to come to the school for an official visit. What are some of the do's and don'ts that I should be aware of? I am new to this so I wanted to get some good advice. Thanks

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

91 Extreme
Express Terps
Jesters
Sweetlax
Dukes/HHH
Crabs
3d Colorado
3d Tri State
Madlax Capital
Team LI
Leading Edge
Top Gun Clams
FCA

Express North 2018? Lost in OT to Dukes at Big 4 / Chanpions League Event

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

91 Extreme
Express Terps
Jesters
Sweetlax
Dukes/HHH
Crabs
3d Colorado
3d Tri State
Madlax Capital
Team LI
Leading Edge
Top Gun Clams
FCA

Tied 3d Colorado last week 5 5
Lost to Sweetlax last week 8 4

Only two on this list they have played this year.

They were 4 and 2 in Hofstra and Rutgers in Varsity Brackets

They were 4 1 and 1 in 2017/18 brackets last weekend

Thought records and lists don't matter anymore? lol

They have had 4 great weeks of lacrosse!! Lotta visibility and great experience. Feel free to remove them from your list if you like!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Because they were also playing very good teams. If you happen to be playing elite teams you might not win. Be competitive. They played Annapolis Hawks, 3D Colorado, and fl$. I would say their competition was pretty good.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

91 Extreme
Express Terps
Jesters
Sweetlax
Dukes/HHH
Crabs
3d Colorado
3d Tri State
Madlax Capital
Team LI
Leading Edge
Top Gun Clams
FCA

Laxachussets Black, BBL Black, Breakers, Edge Canada, Express North, Tomahawks, Patriots

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Real Question.

My son was asked by a D1 College to come to the school for an official visit. What are some of the do's and don'ts that I should be aware of? I am new to this so I wanted to get some good advice. Thanks

unofficial visit, you can not do an official visit until senior year. parents stay in the background, they want to get to know the kid, the parent should be seen and not heard (ironic) the kid should have some questions about academic programs what his interests are and he should know a little about the lacrosse history as well as familiarize himself about the coaching staff, read the bio's, know where they played in college ect. you might want to impress a coach by how much you love his school by saying you would never go to X school and turns out the assistant coach went to X school.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NH Tomahawks beat Terps, tied Extreme and beat Clams 15-3

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Jesters beat fl$, and should've beaten 3d Colorado. They can compete this year

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

91 Extreme
Express Terps
Jesters
Sweetlax
Dukes/HHH
Crabs
3d Colorado
3d Tri State
Madlax Capital
Team LI
Leading Edge
Top Gun Clams
FCA

It's insane to have the Jesters on that list. The 2018 Vipers are a better team than the jesters and they don't belong on this list either.

Vipers???? That is funniest thing ever written here. Jesters improved a lot from last year and competed with or beat a bunch of real teams in fall. Did not see vipers anywhere!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Real Question.

unofficial visit, you can not do an official visit until senior year. parents stay in the background, they want to get to know the kid, the parent should be seen and not heard (ironic) the kid should have some questions about academic programs what his interests are and he should know a little about the lacrosse history as well as familiarize himself about the coaching staff, read the bio's, know where they played in college ect. you might want to impress a coach by how much you love his school by saying you would never go to X school and turns out the assistant coach went to X school.

I have been on a few of these unofficial visits with mine and I have found that because these kids are so young, coaches spent a lot of time asking questions of him about our family. Also spent a lot of time asking us parents about our family.

I also asked a ton of questions and wound up spending a few hours with several coaches. Unlike poster above, I was told it was very refreshing and one of the reasons they wanted (more than one school) my son was the amount of concern we exhibited by the questions we asked. Coach went as far as telling us that he appreciated us because most people don't ask anything...they sit in the background.

How can a parent be serious about verbally committing their kid at 14 if they don't ask a ton of questions--real questions--

It worked for us and we took one of the early offers. I can't tell you what to do, but I suggest you are very engaged and don't just stay in the background. That might be the right approach for an 11th grader, but for a 2018, I needed to be comfortable first, its my kid...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Because they were also playing very good teams. If you happen to be playing elite teams you might not win. Be competitive. They played Annapolis Hawks, 3D Colorado, and fl$. I would say their competition was pretty good.

So the Jesters beat fl$ and tied 3D Colorado but they aren't good, but 3D Oregon loses to same teams and they are Elite team? How does that work?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Terp parent, for Jesters team, i think you were competing very well last year. Look forward to another scrimmage with your team.

Page 26 of 52 1 2 24 25 26 27 28 51 52

Link Copied to Clipboard