BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,280
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 30 of 45 1 2 28 29 30 31 32 44 45
Re: Boys 2017 Fall 2014/Summer 2015
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone realize that several committed boys actually play other sports?? Hate to break it to you but there is more to life than lacrosse. It's obvious by the emphasis that these dads put on meaningless Fall club tournaments that maybe you're raising one-dimensional kids. The reality is that a lot of committed kids rarely pick up a stick in the Fall or Winter because of soccer, football or basketball. And to your surprise, the college coaches are ok with it.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Sad state for a sport when it is acceptable to suck and never a big deal to lose a lot of matches. I have never seen a loser comment below that one. You are ok to suck as long as the sales and marketing smoke and mirrors work out well? Just pathetic and not aimed at team 91 alone. Pretty soon it won't matter if Chaminade or St. Ants wins games or championships as long as the # of commits is more.

Problem is in a couple of years these kids will not be commits anymore and will have to play. A kid who has been conditioned to be a status obsessed fraud who is ok with losing...yeah, I am sure they'll do great.

Again....do you really think these
Coaches do not know what product they are selecting for the highest level of play?
At maverick or JR or Brine or any other showcase; do you think the coaches care what team won whatever game? Listen laxtard; they know exactly what they are doing or they would not have the job that they have! Get it and get over it. All of these kids and all nationally committed kids are committed as they have what it takes. The college coaches do not care what you or any other arm chair Monday morning coach thinks.

You're right. If the experts deem it so that team 91 has a dozen commits, yet as a team there is no aspect of the game where they are a good team that can win games there must be some demonstrable intangibles that make them a collection of great players disguised as a losing team. That makes a lot of sense, and thanks for clearing all this up for us. I won't go on anymore thinking it is important to win or achieve anything in sports because that is not important.

Get real, daddy. Winners care about kicking a rivals teeth in and then banging the other teams cheerleaders for good measure. Sure, some college coaches may not care to recruit winning characteristics in kids. To each his own.

Still dreaming about banging cheerleaders? And only winning? Really? Guess that didn't work out for you so you're passing along those life goals to your son. Yes; I am sure your kid will end up going to 13th grade at the local community college and not think about lax as a springboard to A great education.
You're a funny guy. As far as I'm concerned; all of these 91 commits are already winners. And where do you personally and your son stack up with those creds? Sounds like your wet dream ended up with your teeth kicked in
:-)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They are elite at recruiting. Better list than Turtles! Now stop crying [/quote]

They are elite at recruiting? Oh, I get it. They will be four year starters at the recruiting position and we were not aware that is a spot on the college field.

I'd rather see my kid be an elite player playing on an elite team, thank you very much. Just a different set of priorities.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who cares!!!!!!!! A lot of us have kids who are committed already and not from either program. Why are you both whining about which program has better commits (91 or Turtles)? Get a life!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Still dreaming about banging cheerleaders? And only winning? Really? Guess that didn't work out for you so you're passing along those life goals to your son. Yes; I am sure your kid will end up going to 13th grade at the local community college and not think about lax as a springboard to A great education.
You're a funny guy. As far as I'm concerned; all of these 91 commits are already winners. And where do you personally and your son stack up with those creds? Sounds like your wet dream ended up with your teeth kicked in
:-) [/quote]

My experience ended making D1 All-America at an ACC school all four years and being an NCAA champion. Do something to be the best you can be. Achieve, accomplish and walk away fulfilled with no regrets. I didn't need to dream it, I lived it and I pass down the importance of substance over hype to my son who is doing just fine thank you. It is really ok that they are already winners in your hearts...just don't look up at the scoreboard. That thing never lied to me and told me exactly where I stood. Kids with character can take that and be fueled to go better. Losers walk to the parking lot talking about being committed hoping someone will overhear and care. That must feel great before hitting the I-95 North.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2017 91 orange has very weak goalie play and that is the main reason such a talented team doesn't win games. Rather than take the best goalies at the tryouts JM keeps "his guys".

Please stop. There is no aspect of the game where 91 is an elite team. Not defense, not midfield and not attack. Pretty bad to isolate on a goalie as a reason. Not too many goalies can stop wide open hands free 5-8 yarders against at the doorstep, and I saw an awful lot of those at Crabfeast. A well marketed group by the club, and let's just leave it at that.

They are elite at recruiting. Better list than Turtles! Now stop crying

Really? You know what, I guess your right. The list below of where the 15 of 19 TURTLES are committed, really isn't impressive.

Turtles-

ATTACK-
UVA (CSH)
Hopkins (Manhasset)
Fairfield (Chaminade)
Fairfield (Smithtown E)

MID-

Hopkins (Smithtown E)
Cornell (CSH)
UNC (Manhasset)
Maryland (Sachem N)
Harvard (Smithtown E)
UPENN (St.Anthony's)

DEFENSE
Loyola (Deer Park)
Harvard (Chaminade)
Bucknell (St.Anthony's)
Michigan (Manhasset)
Hopkins (Mt. Sinai)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2017 91 orange has very weak goalie play and that is the main reason such a talented team doesn't win games. Rather than take the best goalies at the tryouts JM keeps "his guys".

Please stop. There is no aspect of the game where 91 is an elite team. Not defense, not midfield and not attack. Pretty bad to isolate on a goalie as a reason. Not too many goalies can stop wide open hands free 5-8 yarders against at the doorstep, and I saw an awful lot of those at Crabfeast. A well marketed group by the club, and let's just leave it at that.

Really? You know what, I guess your right. The list below of where the 15 of 19 TURTLES are committed, really isn't impressive.

Turtles-

ATTACK-
UVA (CSH)
Hopkins (Manhasset)
Fairfield (Chaminade)
Fairfield (Smithtown E)

MID-

Hopkins (Smithtown E)
Cornell (CSH)
UNC (Manhasset)
Maryland (Sachem N)
Harvard (Smithtown E)
UPENN (St.Anthony's)

DEFENSE
Loyola (Deer Park)
Harvard (Chaminade)
Bucknell (St.Anthony's)
Michigan (Manhasset)
Hopkins (Mt. Sinai)

91 has 7 kids committed to elite (top 20) schools, where Turtles have 5. Just sayin, Mr braggy pants!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FORD - CHEVY

Ha!

This thread has become even more pathetic, if that's possible. Can't wait for the winter doldrums.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Jeez Team 91 Dad, if THAT team played Turtles this w/e it would be 20-1 Turtles. The level of play is not even close between the two teams. The caliber of the players is not even close. Ok, 91 has 7 kids committed to top 20 teams and a dozen D1 commits. They suck on the field and can't beat any first tier teams, and lose to regional 3d teams at 3d tournaments. Color me the armchair coach, but with that as a given, there are some high level D1 coaches who really are being duped by lacrosse blogger journalists. And I am not an LI or Turtle dad.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Turtles-

ATTACK-
UVA (CSH)
Hopkins (Manhasset)
Fairfield (Chaminade)
Fairfield (Smithtown E)

MID-

Hopkins (Smithtown E)
Cornell (CSH)
UNC (Manhasset)
Maryland (Sachem N)
Harvard (Smithtown E)
UPENN (St.Anthony's)

DEFENSE
Loyola (Deer Park)
Harvard (Chaminade)
Bucknell (St.Anthony's)
Michigan (Manhasset)
Hopkins (Mt. Sinai)

91 has 7 kids committed to elite (top 20) schools, where Turtles have 5. Just sayin, Mr braggy pants!

Well, that raises a question--which schools are top 20? Based on athletics, academics or some combination?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My experience ended making D1 All-America at an ACC school all four years and being an NCAA champion. Do something to be the best you can be. Achieve, accomplish and walk away fulfilled with no regrets. I didn't need to dream it, I lived it and I pass down the importance of substance over hype to my son who is doing just fine thank you. It is really ok that they are already winners in your hearts...just don't look up at the scoreboard. That thing never lied to me and told me exactly where I stood. Kids with character can take that and be fueled to go better. Losers walk to the parking lot talking about being committed hoping someone will overhear and care. That must feel great before hitting the I-95 North. [/quote]

Ouch!! Does your chest hurt from all of that thumping? Need an ice pack or two?
Have a nice day, Biff. (Btw; did you major in beer like most ACC guys do and land a great job as a ???? )

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Turtles-

ATTACK-
UVA (CSH)
Hopkins (Manhasset)
Fairfield (Chaminade)
Fairfield (Smithtown E)

MID-

Hopkins (Smithtown E)
Cornell (CSH)
UNC (Manhasset)
Maryland (Sachem N)
Harvard (Smithtown E)
UPENN (St.Anthony's)

DEFENSE
Loyola (Deer Park)
Harvard (Chaminade)
Bucknell (St.Anthony's)
Michigan (Manhasset)
Hopkins (Mt. Sinai)

Well, that raises a question--which schools are top 20? Based on athletics, academics or some combination?

Academic, the only thing that really matters.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Aren't most LI parents in this sport dreaming of junior becoming an ACC Biff? Duke and UVa don't hand out bad looking degrees. That just sounds like somebody's lacrosse dad just got his feelings hurt. Team 91 dads are people too. Sniff.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do the 91 parents not consider Hopkins to be a top level academic school?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Aren't most LI parents in this sport dreaming of junior becoming an ACC Biff? Duke and UVa don't hand out bad looking degrees. That just sounds like somebody's lacrosse dad just got his feelings hurt. Team 91 dads are people too. Sniff.

UVA not in the same league as Duke, not even close!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Have yet to meet a Duke lax grad who didn't become a coach or a gym teacher.
And I dont know any uva attorneys or physicians who played lax either. And let us not even mention UNC, ok?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lots of sales guys, coaches and trainers are produced by ACC -

Not hating, just sayin truth... I'm in sales, and enjoy not taking the 5:15 into Penn station everyday....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It sure is but how many lax players go there and take full
Advantage of that academic sphere?

I'd venture less than 10%.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Reading these ridiculous posts by hateful spiteful long island lacrosse dads. It is both comical and sad that you think you are such experts with regards to academia. First of all choosing a school is about finding the place where a kid can thrive be happy and translate into success. There are plenty of kids who turn down a commit to the "application process at an Ivy" to attend another school that they find more suitable. You need to do your research there are plenty of non-ivy schools where you can get a great education. The kids that are successful afterwords will be the ones that thrived and were happy in the right environment.

And for the guy that says UVA and Duke are not comparable you just uninformed. UVA, and Michigan like UCLA and UC-Berkeley are known as "public ivies" for a reason. They are comparable both academically and research wise to the ivies and other privates such as Duke. UVA is very much comparable to Duke.

And if you think your doing pre-med or engineering at any D1 lacrosse school ivy or not on the 4 year plan you are really not seeing reality. Your kid will either be taking summer classes every year and/or do a 5th or 6th year ...that you will have to pay for. Also summer classes are not covered with scholarship money.

sure glad I dont live on Long Island have to stand on the sidelines with you guys

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My experience ended making D1 All-America at an ACC school all four years and being an NCAA champion. Do something to be the best you can be. Achieve, accomplish and walk away fulfilled with no regrets. I didn't need to dream it, I lived it and I pass down the importance of substance over hype to my son who is doing just fine thank you. It is really ok that they are already winners in your hearts...just don't look up at the scoreboard. That thing never lied to me and told me exactly where I stood. Kids with character can take that and be fueled to go better. Losers walk to the parking lot talking about being committed hoping someone will overhear and care. That must feel great before hitting the I-95 North.

Ouch!! Does your chest hurt from all of that thumping? Need an ice pack or two?
Have a nice day, Biff. (Btw; did you major in beer like most ACC guys do and land a great job as a ???? )[/quote]

Biff, remember every 2017 with a verbal has just that. They have to take SATs, get good grades and not get thrown in jail for bashing someone's teeth out or raping the other team's cheerleaders. Maybe you got away with that back in the glory days but it doesn't fly anymore, so maybe it isn't a great idea to encourage your son to do so.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So in summary you'd all club a baby seal to be able to say your kid is a UVa or a Duke or a UNC early commit, but you think grads of those schools are underemployed drunks who are PE teachers or lacrosse coaches after graduation. Makes perfect sense.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My experience ended making D1 All-America at an ACC school all four years and being an NCAA champion. Do something to be the best you can be. Achieve, accomplish and walk away fulfilled with no regrets. I didn't need to dream it, I lived it and I pass down the importance of substance over hype to my son who is doing just fine thank you. It is really ok that they are already winners in your hearts...just don't look up at the scoreboard. That thing never lied to me and told me exactly where I stood. Kids with character can take that and be fueled to go better. Losers walk to the parking lot talking about being committed hoping someone will overhear and care. That must feel great before hitting the I-95 North. [/quote]

Long Island or Baltimore Dad? UNC player?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not lacrosse and not UNC

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]

Biff: are you expounding these virtues to your poor son on the way home after getting his teams butt kicked by the turtles? Guess he didn't get your point. Didn't try hard enough. Why don't you just go out there and see if you can beat them for him.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not lacrosse and not UNC

We're taking all of this smack from a soccer player?? Really??

Pffftt.....done

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Reading these ridiculous posts by hateful spiteful long island lacrosse dads. It is both comical and sad that you think you are such experts with regards to academia. First of all choosing a school is about finding the place where a kid can thrive be happy and translate into success. There are plenty of kids who turn down a commit to the "application process at an Ivy" to attend another school that they find more suitable. You need to do your research there are plenty of non-ivy schools where you can get a great education. The kids that are successful afterwords will be the ones that thrived and were happy in the right environment.

And for the guy that says UVA and Duke are not comparable you just uninformed. UVA, and Michigan like UCLA and UC-Berkeley are known as "public ivies" for a reason. They are comparable both academically and research wise to the ivies and other privates such as Duke. UVA is very much comparable to Duke.

And if you think your doing pre-med or engineering at any D1 lacrosse school ivy or not on the 4 year plan you are really not seeing reality. Your kid will either be taking summer classes every year and/or do a 5th or 6th year ...that you will have to pay for. Also summer classes are not covered with scholarship money.

sure glad I dont live on Long Island have to stand on the sidelines with you guys

Sorry UVA and Mich not in same league as Duke and that is not even taking into consideration that they are 2x champs. Just a much better school altogether. But don't listen to me, check the rankings! Please stop trying to justify that your school is in the same league. Just like me saying Duke is the same as Princeton. Not

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So in summary you'd all club a baby seal to be able to say your kid is a UVa or a Duke or a UNC early commit, but you think grads of those schools are underemployed drunks who are PE teachers or lacrosse coaches after graduation. Makes perfect sense.

Not UVA or UNC!!! Harvard, yes after top 20, 21-75 all the same!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Turtles are something to admire and aspire to compete better against. Yes, my son's team took some losses against them. No shame in taking the fight against the best and then going back to prepare to come again and do better. That's what winners do. Losers like to remind you about how many commits they have after an oh for three Sunday. Is that your best shot? Biff

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hang it up, Biff. You're alread owned.

Go practice soccer......pffffttt.......

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sorry UVA and Mich not in same league as Duke and that is not even taking into consideration that they are 2x champs. Just a much better school altogether. But don't listen to me, check the rankings! Please stop trying to justify that your school is in the same league. Just like me saying Duke is the same as Princeton. Not

I think YOU should look at the rankings business, global, grad school etc. educate yourself!!!! Then look at top feeders to Wall Street and to top grad schools. They are all peer institutions. But I guess you know better.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think YOU should look at the rankings business, global, grad school etc. educate yourself!!!! Then look at top feeders to Wall Street and to top grad schools. They are all peer institutions. But I guess you know better.

Not me, this is according to the organizations that do rankings. US news and world report, etc..... Sorry!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So the lacrosse recruits have already been accepted to grad school. Hahahaha please! Most will not even make it into business school!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Actually Hedge Fund Firms and Wall Street firms recruit more graduates from Penn State more than anywhere else?? Strange but true

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just saw a tweet that sweetlax 2017 is up to 13 D1 commits to top schools. Looks like Turtles and 91 are really not anything special. Others clubs claiming the same numders!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just saw a tweet that sweetlax 2017 is up to 13 D1 commits to top schools. Looks like Turtles and 91 are really not anything special. Others clubs claiming the same numders!

Sweet lax love to see those dob's.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I would hope so!! No one here ever stated that TT or 91 had the market cornered. In fact; the whole concept and thread is absurd. The bottom line is that TT has great players who have the added benefit of playing together for years and it show with their amazing success.

The 91 team is composed of fragments of several ex turtles, fl$, GC,express and numerous others who were standouts in their own rights; yet have not the benefit of the time to develop the chemistry required to be at the level that they are used to previously and expected to right out of the box. Given ample time; these players given their considerable skills would be a formidable opponent to any team.

Add in the usual conspiring lateral interests and obligations and this team is always climbing uphill trying to define itself with the given plethora of abilities across the board. Had they been together for a longer period of time; the results would mimic those of the esteemed TT's.

So...the DMV should just back off. The skills thes kids display individually are the reasons they have such a fine recruiting class. The college coaches see this and have awarded them as they have seen fit. The lack of team chemistry prevailing; has not left this team bereft of talent that accords them the accolades they have received.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Men amongst boys. A team of mercenaries in the vein of the FCA taken to new levels. My kid was asked several times to join both. I am sure many on this board have been approached as well. They will use your kid to better their name but promote only those from within. It's as transparent as crystal and anyone who falls for that tripe will be taken for a ride.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Actually Hedge Fund Firms and Wall Street firms recruit more graduates from Penn State more than anywhere else?? Strange but true

Source??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Men amongst boys. A team of mercenaries in the vein of the FCA taken to new levels. My kid was asked several times to join both. I am sure many on this board have been approached as well. They will use your kid to better their name but promote only those from within. It's as transparent as crystal and anyone who falls for that tripe will be taken for a ride.

CORRECT. Sweetlax isn't really a "team". Its like what Crabs use to do with a rotating roster, we see how well that is working for the Crabs now (NOT!). Sweetlax wants the to USE the kids from Long Island, NJ or Conn to grab their better kids from Upstate (that is where Sweetlax is based).

You can play ONE tournament for them and they will slap your sons name, HS & college he is committed to on THEIR SITE. Turned us off last year (my kid is a 2016) and we bailed quick.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The 91 team is composed of fragments of several ex turtles, fl$, GC,express and numerous others who were standouts in their own rights; yet have not the benefit of the time to develop the chemistry required to be at the level that they are used to previously and expected to right out of the box. Given ample time; these players given their considerable skills would be a formidable opponent to any team.

Add in the usual conspiring lateral interests and obligations and this team is always climbing uphill trying to define itself with the given plethora of abilities across the board. Had they been together for a longer period of time; the results would mimic those of the esteemed TT's.

So...the DMV should just back off. The skills thes kids display individually are the reasons they have such a fine recruiting class. The college coaches see this and have awarded them as they have seen fit. The lack of team chemistry prevailing; has not left this team bereft of talent that accords them the accolades they have received. [/quote]

Pathetic, but if that helps you cope then stay with the story. Strong lacrosse players are strong lacrosse players. The top teams in the DMV and in Maryland turn players over a lot too, Crabs will cut and add 4-5 every cycle. So there are plenty of ex-Crabs, ex-other club kids hooking on elsewhere or changing clubs for their own reasons. One thing travels with them: their ability. Any collection of 10 players on the field would be a formidable opponent if they had great players and played well. Neither is the case with your team, and be grateful your club owner and coach is a great salesman to sell kids off to D1 programs. Nobody's eyes are fooling them.

Page 30 of 45 1 2 28 29 30 31 32 44 45

Link Copied to Clipboard