BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 23 of 55 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 54 55
Re: Boys 2022 Fall 2014/Summer 2015
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
New Rankings:
1. 91 Smash
2. Manhasset 32
3. Igloo
4. Express
5. Bandits
6. TLI

If Manhasset is #2 LI lax is pretty weak at this age

I'd have to disagree with you - this age group has been playing together since they were 5 years old and had a regimented practice schedule that was run by a large number of dedicated, knowledgeable parents. They also practice on their own, attend camps, and play other sports. This group of young boys proved just how could LI lax is this past weekend when they went to Baltimore and won against a number of strong Baltimore club teams. So don't be such a DB, post your team and I am sure the coaches will be happy to schedule a game against you.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And it just happens that your precious "babies" are bigger, stronger and faster. Oh....I forgot, OLDER. But it is all about their academic progress. Funny how that works.

yes, we time them in the 40 foot crawl, see who can roll over in their cribs the fastest and who can hold their head up the longest.

post your town coward.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And it just happens that your precious "babies" are bigger, stronger and faster. Oh....I forgot, OLDER. But it is all about their academic progress. Funny how that works.

yes, we time them in the 40 foot crawl, see who can roll over in their cribs the fastest and who can hold their head up the longest.

post your town coward.

I bet if you asked the parents of the holdbacks if sports was the reason or at least a big factor in their decision to hold their kid back and they were being honest they would tell you that it was. Maybe it's not technically cheating because the school district allows parents to do that but it's still an unfair advantage and that's why everyone is calling BS on this academic development spin. And it may be the new reality but doesn't mean it's right.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

post your town coward.

I bet if you asked the parents of the holdbacks if sports was the reason or at least a big factor in their decision to hold their kid back and they were being honest they would tell you that it was. Maybe it's not technically cheating because the school district allows parents to do that but it's still an unfair advantage and that's why everyone is calling BS on this academic development spin. And it may be the new reality but doesn't mean it's right.

You're calling BS because some kids are 2-3 weeks older than the majority, and the team they are on is very good. You just can't let it go. I can guarantee you academic/emotional development was THE ONLY factor.

post your town.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm in no way putting down the fact M32 had a great day in Maryland. Sounds like a great bunch of kids. But I don't know that I would read too much into it yet - from the scores, Cannons seemed like the class of the field and the Arden Diamondbacks - who were the class of the Maryland Summer field - weren't there.

That said, your 2021's had 2 big wins over teams with more established histories. I'd say the program has a lot to be proud of and LI should be proud of their showing in those two age groups.

PS - The quibbling over a few weeks above may be typical of BOTC, but it is oddly weird and cannibalistic of LI parents.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

post your town coward.

This is taken directly off the US Lacrosse website:

2015 Age Grouping Quick Reference Table

Birthdate Age Bracket
Born on or after 9/1/1999 U15
Born on or after 9/1/2001 U13
Born on or after 9/1/2003 U11
Born on or after 9/1/2005 U9

If you play in age-based tournament or a "graduation year" tournament and violate the above then you're a cheater, if you play within the US Lacrosse rules it's all good!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

post your town coward.

Ok, so my son is an October baby and we did NOT hold him back because at the time he was ready for school and we followed our school age guidelines. Now that he is playing lax (because really all other sports go by age) if we were to do it all again knowing what we know now we might have held him and it has nothing to do with academics.(He does well in school) It is a huge advantage when the kids are a year older playing in the younger grades but if you listen to parents when they talk about those "older babies" they do have an asterisk that will forever follow them on the playing fields.....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

post your town coward.

You're calling BS because some kids are 2-3 weeks older than the majority, and the team they are on is very good. You just can't let it go. I can guarantee you academic/emotional development was THE ONLY factor.

post your town.

The average age right now of a 5th grader is probably about 10 and 1/2. A kid born in Oct. or Nov. 2003 is 11. That's a 6 month difference. It matters at these young ages.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
New Rankings:
1. 91 Smash
2. Manhasset 32
3. Igloo
4. Express
5. Bandits
6. TLI
rankings for what? college recruiters. I think not. get over yourself. what is so empty on your life that this is what makes your day. ranking 10 year olds. I'm sorry 11 years olds and don't forget the 12 year old. but who is really counting. very sad life you have. and I'm probably on your team. I will be watching the mad smart phone writing his pathetic posts the next time we are on the field. don't think your gig isn't up. you gave yourself away a few pages ago.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
New Rankings:
1. 91 Smash
2. Manhasset 32
3. Igloo
4. Express
5. Bandits
6. TLI

If Manhasset is #2 LI lax is pretty weak at this age

I'd have to disagree with you - this age group has been playing together since they were 5 years old and had a regimented practice schedule that was run by a large number of dedicated, knowledgeable parents. They also practice on their own, attend camps, and play other sports. This group of young boys proved just how could LI lax is this past weekend when they went to Baltimore and won against a number of strong Baltimore club teams. So don't be such a DB, post your team and I am sure the coaches will be happy to schedule a game against you.
regimented, huh. at 5. wow. do you all realize how ridiculous you all sound.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

post your town coward.

This is taken directly off the US Lacrosse website:

2015 Age Grouping Quick Reference Table

Birthdate Age Bracket
Born on or after 9/1/1999 U15
Born on or after 9/1/2001 U13
Born on or after 9/1/2003 U11
Born on or after 9/1/2005 U9

If you play in age-based tournament or a "graduation year" tournament and violate the above then you're a cheater, if you play within the US Lacrosse rules it's all good!
I don't think when the rules were made they thought there would be rampant hold backs but as long as someone is jumping off a bridge others will follow.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
New Rankings:
1. 91 Smash
2. Manhasset 32
3. Igloo
4. Express
5. Bandits
6. TLI
rankings for what? college recruiters. I think not. get over yourself. what is so empty on your life that this is what makes your day. ranking 10 year olds. I'm sorry 11 years olds and don't forget the 12 year old. but who is really counting. very sad life you have. and I'm probably on your team. I will be watching the mad smart phone writing his pathetic posts the next time we are on the field. don't think your gig isn't up. you gave yourself away a few pages ago.
if you are on 91 smash and not playing regularly, what do you have. oh, yes, you can brag about being ranked number 1. the story ends there.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

post your town coward.

post your town.

No need to post my town, this Manhasset 32 team is a TRAVEL Lacrosse program. My son plays on grade and had been playing up for a top program, that is all you need to know.

You want to lie about the ages, you want to lie about where all the kids are from and then you want to compare to where I live where we have chosen not to play. Unfortunately for you the rules of this board don't work that way.

I think that I don't mind being called a coward by a lying cheater. Womanhasset seems more fitting.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

post your town coward.

post your town.

No need to post my town, this Manhasset 32 team is a TRAVEL Lacrosse program. My son plays on grade and had been playing up for a top program, that is all you need to know.

You want to lie about the ages, you want to lie about where all the kids are from and then you want to compare to where I live where we have chosen not to play. Unfortunately for you the rules of this board don't work that way.

I think that I don't mind being called a coward by a lying cheater. Womanhasset seems more fitting.

You sound like a whining coward to me. You probably didn't play sports as a kid, or were terrible at it when you did.

Now you live vicariously through your son, "who plays on a top travel team". Pathetic.

The unvarnished truth was laid to bare. Nobody lied, and nobody cheated. That you are a grown up and can't deal with it is amusing.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

post your town coward.

post your town.

You sound like a whining coward to me. You probably didn't play sports as a kid, or were terrible at it when you did.

Now you live vicariously through your son, "who plays on a top travel team". Pathetic.

The unvarnished truth was laid to bare. Nobody lied, and nobody cheated. That you are a grown up and can't deal with it is amusing.

I'll bet that you are so pissed because we don't have to play the game your way, sometimes travel, sometimes Town, as long as you win. Womanhasset - bigger, stronger, older.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

post your town coward.

Ok, so my son is an October baby and we did NOT hold him back because at the time he was ready for school and we followed our school age guidelines. Now that he is playing lax (because really all other sports go by age) if we were to do it all again knowing what we know now we might have held him and it has nothing to do with academics.(He does well in school) It is a huge advantage when the kids are a year older playing in the younger grades but if you listen to parents when they talk about those "older babies" they do have an asterisk that will forever follow them on the playing fields.....
well said. my son is playing at the right age/grade. he is on the older end of the grade. he is in the 98th percentile in height for his age at the last checkup. we play teams where half the team is taller, sometimes a head taller. that doesn't add up.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

post your town coward.

post your town.

unvarnished, huh, wow. says who, you?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Include in your post what town you're from please. Stop hiding. You know where we're from. If you have a problem with US Lacrosse's cut off date/age guidelines, take it up with them, we play by the rules.
right. and you can cheat on your taxes playing by the rules too. what is your point

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

post your town coward.

post your town.

Moynihan....is that you?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Include in your post what town you're from please. Stop hiding. You know where we're from. If you have a problem with US Lacrosse's cut off date/age guidelines, take it up with them, we play by the rules.
right. and you can cheat on your taxes playing by the rules too. what is your point

not a parent of holdback but I'm taking every deduction off my taxes allowable by law. just saying

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

post your town coward.

post your town.

Nobody lied about ages, and all of these kids were born after September 1st, 2003 (I would guess out of the 22 kids on the roster 19 at least are born after January 1, 2004 if that makes you feel any better). The entire team currently lives in the town of Manhasset. The team plays in town tournaments but can also take its show on the road and beat/compete with travel teams, a luxury you obviously can't afford based on where you live. Too bad, but from re-reading all of your posts, it's obvious that you are just jealous. Facts are stubborn things: all the kids are age appropriate, all the kids live in Manhasset and the team is successful.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

post your town coward.

post your town.

Moynihan....is that you?

Of course, how did you guess?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

not a parent of holdback but I'm taking every deduction off my taxes allowable by law. just saying

The threads for girls lax don't have debates over age/holdbacks/reclassed kids...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

right. good for you. and you didn't hold back your kid. model citizen. just saying

The threads for girls lax don't have debates over age/holdbacks/reclassed kids...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

because dads live vicariously through their sons not daughters

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

these rules allow parents to justify having turning 12 years olds play on fifth grade teams. I'm sure you add a little deduction here and there that you didn't really have. come on. if not, I'm sure your neighbor did. just like your neighbor has a very mature 5th grader. I know. he's tall for his age.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]And it just happens that your precious "babies" are bigger, stronger and faster. Oh....I forgot, OLDER. But it is all about their academic progress. Funny how that works.

right. good for you. and you didn't hold back your kid. model citizen. just saying

[/quote

Right, you're "just saying", but not saying what town you're from. So silly. If the team benched the "holdbacks", they would still compete at a high level.

Affluent town, good at lax...but yeah, I know, stepfords that cheat and lie. Get over yourselves already. You love to hate.

No rules broken, no lies told. Just a solid group of kids that are all friends and neighbors. I know, it just drives you nuts. Whatever. Youth lax. 90% of these kids won't play after high school.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express headed to maryland in a few weeks

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]And it just happens that your precious "babies" are bigger, stronger and faster. Oh....I forgot, OLDER. But it is all about their academic progress. Funny how that works.

[/quote

Right, you're "just saying", but not saying what town you're from. So silly. If the team benched the "holdbacks", they would still compete at a high level.

Affluent town, good at lax...but yeah, I know, stepfords that cheat and lie. Get over yourselves already. You love to hate.

No rules broken, no lies told. Just a solid group of kids that are all friends and neighbors. I know, it just drives you nuts. Whatever. Youth lax. 90% of these kids won't play after high school.

Mostly they will stop playing because the age and size advantage you give them now by cheating will disappear when they get to high school and beyond. All the affluence and phoney caring will, despite your best efforts, not be enough to stop the little voice inside the kids heads that tells them they were not doing it the right way. Worse, they will know that you took away their chance for true athletic achievement. Hopefully, they will blame you, their parents, and not the other kids. You all know that "you reap what you sow" and the kids know it too.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express 2022-1? Hope not. A lot to ask around the holidays. Here we go with MC and his communication skills. I'm sure he will let everyone know that week.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Mostly they will stop playing because the age and size advantage you give them now by cheating will disappear when they get to high school and beyond. All the affluence and phoney caring will, despite your best efforts, not be enough to stop the little voice inside the kids heads that tells them they were not doing it the right way. Worse, they will know that you took away their chance for true athletic achievement. Hopefully, they will blame you, their parents, and not the other kids. You all know that "you reap what you sow" and the kids know it too.

Got it. Thanks for sharing Mr. Coward. Your opinion means the world. Good luck against those dirty rotten scoundrels in Womanhasset.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Your bordering on "CREEPY" dude! There are other things in the world. My lord! It's a club team and your not in the club Wah! Btw there's a million reasons kids stop playing ball.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Express, Cannons, Diamondbacks, and Hawks.

There should be a lot of great games.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
99% of the parents that kids are 2022 don't give a crap about Manhasset!! You idiots/ 1% need to create a Manhasset haters thread ,talk about taxes and hold backs!! move on all ready ,hope to see all these so called top teams play eachother this spring/summer until then none of this matters

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
99% of the parents that kids are 2022 don't give a crap about Manhasset!! You idiots/ 1% need to create a Manhasset haters thread ,talk about taxes and hold backs!! move on all ready ,hope to see all these so called top teams play eachother this spring/summer until then none of this matters

couldn't agree more

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Express, Cannons, Diamondbacks, and Hawks.

There should be a lot of great games.

Let us know how it goes. Vegas odds makers have Express going 0-3

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If your kid wants to be good, he will do what he has to do to be good. Even if there are kids that are a year older than him on the field. And he will be proud that he did was not a holdback and that he earned it. And you will be proud for teaching him to earn it. Stick to your guns, don't be bullied, and your kid will have success. He will never doubt how he got where he is, he will never think a shortcut is the answer. He will not feel entitled to find a loophole to get what he wants. Great life lesson. Don't worry about what other people do. Follow your own conscience. Your kid will be a harder worker for being "younger and smaller" (not a holdback) and have a clear conscience and a great work ethic. Not just an athlete, but a decent human being.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If your kid wants to be good, he will do what he has to do to be good. Even if there are kids that are a year older than him on the field. And he will be proud that he did was not a holdback and that he earned it. And you will be proud for teaching him to earn it. Stick to your guns, don't be bullied, and your kid will have success. He will never doubt how he got where he is, he will never think a shortcut is the answer. He will not feel entitled to find a loophole to get what he wants. Great life lesson. Don't worry about what other people do. Follow your own conscience. Your kid will be a harder worker for being "younger and smaller" (not a holdback) and have a clear conscience and a great work ethic. Not just an athlete, but a decent human being.

Thanks Mr. Coward. Moving on...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[/quote

kids really are not that nice and neither are the parents - get over yoursef

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thanks Mr. Coward. Moving on...

Are you a lawyer? That is such a convincing argument. How is teaching your kid to have character cowardly? The real cowards are the people too afraid to let their kid fail. So they put them in with younger kids. Lame!

Page 23 of 55 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 54 55

Link Copied to Clipboard