BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 22 of 55 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 54 55
Re: Boys 2022 Fall 2014/Summer 2015
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It was a great day! To have both teams out playing, instead of sitting home, on video games.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Igloo 2022 beat express 2022 today pretty easily. Now who said igloo is not a top team? New ranking time.....

did you run home and post here? OMG Loser!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Every single child on the Manhasset 32 2022 team is born well after the September 1st guideline established by US Lacrosse, I can understand your concern and likely disappointment when you digest this fact.

How many were born before Dec. 1? A kid born before Dec. 1 may be eligible for age based tournaments under US lacrosse guidelines but many of the tournaments that 32 enters are based on graduating year and not age. A kid born before Dec. 1 should be a 2021 under YOUR school district rules and gets an unfair advantage when playing in tournaments against 2022 teams. How is that to digest? Please answer the question.

I vow only to post when correcting the ignorant on this board. A child is allowed to start kindergarten in the Manhasset School District if they are 5 by December 1st. It's not a rule that you have to start kindergarten then, but you can't start earlier than that without special permission. US Lacrosse sets guidelines for a reason and those are followed to the best of my knowledge by Team 32. Many kids move out from New [lacrosse] City where they start formal elementary education a year later than on Long Island.

As expected we are getting commentary and not facts. Manhasset school district sets Dec. 1 as the cut off. If a parent feels their kid is not ready to start kindergarten then they have the option to hold them back to the next year. The option is not meant for parents that hope to get an unfair advantage on the lacrosse field. You had no hesitation stating as a fact that no 32 kids were born before Sept. 1. We are still waiting to hear how many were born before Dec. 1. Just provide the number and then we can end this conversation.

The honest answer is I don't know how many born before December 1st, because that is an irrelevant birthdate for youth lacrosse. All I can state with certainty is that every single player on the 2022 Manhasset team is born after September 1st, which is the guideline set forth by US Lacrosse. And again, to correct your prior post, there is no "cutoff" date for when a student has to start elementary school so I'm not sure what point you're trying to prove. I can also say with certainty that the vast majority of the team is born after December 1st, perhaps there are 1 or 2 born prior to then, but nobody is born before the September 1st cutoff date prescribed by US Lacrosse.

Simple question, are there kids who are held back or actual 2021 grad year students playing 2022 in grade based (not U- XX) tournaments? I get a sense from the evasive answers that you do.

No, there aren't ANY kids that were held back or actual 2021 grad year students on the 2022 team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloo 2022 beat express 2022 today pretty easily. Now who said igloo is not a top team? New ranking time.....

Please remember, Express 2022 got beat by a mixed 3rd/4th grade team a few weeks ago. They are horrible. I'm surprised the parents let their kids stay on that team. Talk about wheels coming off a program.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My understanding was it was a 10-8 scrimmage... So I would say express held there own for a team of a number of new players getting acquainted with one another.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The final was 10-8 and express was missing 2 solid defenseman. That's easily ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Please remember, Express 2022 got beat by a mixed 3rd/4th grade team a few weeks ago. They are horrible. I'm surprised the parents let their kids stay on that team. Talk about wheels coming off a program.

What a jerk to come on here and say that a team of 5th graders are horrible. They may lose some games including to a very good 91 2023 team but these are still 10 year old kids playing at a very high level. My kid is on a different team. I have seen this Express team play. They are far from horrible. It's actually pretty unbelievable how good a lot of these kids and teams are at this age. I guarantee they were much better than this poster was at 10 years old. What everyone needs to understand is except for Smash the days of dominant teams are ending. There are tons of clubs our there and the good players are spreading out. There are lots of good coaching options, different locations, different prices and kids move around. Its not about where your kids team is ranked. Its about whether he is having fun and getting better.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Minuteman seemed to be doing just fine last year. Change is not always good

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Larry Miller
I'm sooooo done this this forum. What a waste, this site could be so good if everyone would have to register. I feel dumber for logging on.

Let see if I understand you...you posted anonymously so you are in essence saying that you are done with yourself.

Now, here is my guess....you will be back watching what goes on.

Absolutely true!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wheels coming off - Had you told me the 2018 and 2019 teams lost consistently I'd have to agree but you are talking 5th grade half the team wont be on it when it is important.

Look at who is on the Express 2019 currently verses when they were in 5th grade.
5 stayed on A (only 2 should) 2 on second team
6 in the 91 program (4O-2W).
3 on Legacy's
1 on fl$
a few not sure if even playing anymore.

and as if that wasn't enough, 2018 had the big split with Extreme, they weathered that storm nicely.

One good thing I believe all the kids who played together are good friends and like seeing each other!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They have these new things called smart phones now too. Don't have to run home !

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

really just stop and get ahold of yourself. The team is still better than last year and will only get better. Saw some kids playing today who are all of a sudden not the superstars anymore. Would you rather be on that so called top team and not get as much playing time. You can say you are on the top team but will you get better. It remains to be seen. Not everyone thrives on these top teams. No recruiters care if you were on the top fifth grade team.The wheels are working fine as long as the kids are thriving and they are.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maybe Igloo not so hot. Beating an Express team by 2 goals that was missing 2 of its better defenseman and who recently lost to a 4th grade team is not something to run home about and post on BOTC.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

you are either a coach that left or a parent that left. either way you need to get over whatever injustice you believe was done to you. it's petty to call a team horrible especially when you know the kids. you really should man up and say what you have to say on the field. no one was waving their flag today. Coaches, refs, kids and parents all acted perfectly today. top teams will fluctuate as these kids mature. no recruiters care if you were on a top team at ten years old. or 11 or 12 in some cases. get over yourself and try to behave like an adult. these boys need leadership not someone with an axe to grind or even worse a chip on their shoulder.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maybe Igloo not so hot. Beating an Express team by 2 goals that was missing 2 of its better defenseman and who recently lost to a 4th grade team is not something to run home about and post on BOTC.

Take it easy there. Igloo was missing 6 key players

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They have these new things called smart phones now too. Don't have to run home !

Maybe Express 2022 should set up some games vs the better 2024 teams. Get a few wins under the belt! Build some confidence.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Minuteman seemed to be doing just fine last year. Change is not always good
minutemen team would have gotten crushed

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maybe Express 2022 should set up some games vs the better 2024 teams. Get a few wins under the belt! Build some confidence.

what tournament did this happen in?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Take it easy there. Igloo was missing 6 key players
right. Do you just make it up as you go. Because with a roster that inflated who really should be saying why would parents stay on that team

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Every single child on the Manhasset 32 2022 team is born well after the September 1st guideline established by US Lacrosse, I can understand your concern and likely disappointment when you digest this fact.

How many were born before Dec. 1? A kid born before Dec. 1 may be eligible for age based tournaments under US lacrosse guidelines but many of the tournaments that 32 enters are based on graduating year and not age. A kid born before Dec. 1 should be a 2021 under YOUR school district rules and gets an unfair advantage when playing in tournaments against 2022 teams. How is that to digest? Please answer the question.

I vow only to post when correcting the ignorant on this board. A child is allowed to start kindergarten in the Manhasset School District if they are 5 by December 1st. It's not a rule that you have to start kindergarten then, but you can't start earlier than that without special permission. US Lacrosse sets guidelines for a reason and those are followed to the best of my knowledge by Team 32. Many kids move out from New [lacrosse] City where they start formal elementary education a year later than on Long Island.

F
As expected we are getting commentary and not facts. Manhasset school district sets Dec. 1 as the cut off. If a parent feels their kid is not ready to start kindergarten then they have the option to hold them back to the next year. The option is not meant for parents that hope to get an unfair advantage on the lacrosse field. You had no hesitation stating as a fact that no 32 kids were born before Sept. 1. We are still waiting to hear how many were born before Dec. 1. Just provide the number and then we can end this conversation.

Holy cow lunatic do you honestly think more than a handful of other lunatics are holding g back kids for an "unfair" advantage on the lacrosse field?? Nobody does that, most people who hold kids back do it for developmental issues.
wake up. it's more the norm now. people are trying to conceal it but it's happening more and more.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

your kid certainly didn't light up the field today. I think he needs more daddy time.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It was a great day! To have both teams out playing, instead of sitting home, on video games.
finally, a voice of reason.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

what tournament did this happen in?
it wasn't a tournament. it was a scrimmage. igloo invited express to play today. all the games were well played. some blow hard who left express with an axe to grind is getting his rocks off taunting ten year olds. last picked at ball I'm sure living through his poor child.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

a smart [lacrosse] with a smart phone. how wonderful for your family. nice way to set the example. when Johnny gets called into the principal's office what do you say, what's the big deal I trash talk on my smart phone all the time.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just a parent of the opposing team who rthink it's funny how express parents boast on botc about beating TLI and then go out and lose to the bandits then lose to igloo today. Then you claim you were missing players but when we say we were missing players you don't believe it. Stop bragging about every little win. How many times have we played? Never once have we lost to express. We all know if you guys won today this board would be lit up with the "express is the best, we are better than smash" talk.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Seems like every team is alway missing key players. If they are key players why weren't they there ? Enough with excuses.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just a parent of the opposing team who rthink it's funny how express parents boast on botc about beating TLI and then go out and lose to the bandits then lose to igloo today. Then you claim you were missing players but when we say we were missing players you don't believe it. Stop bragging about every little win. How many times have we played? Never once have we lost to express. We all know if you guys won today this board would be lit up with the "express is the best, we are better than smash" talk.
its not express parents. Its one person. Remember this is anonymous. People can respond to themselves. You have no idea who you are even talking to.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
you have no idea who is even posting.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
you just said you were missing 6 key players

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm an igloo parent and I'm appalled at what my team is posting. It was a good game. Its obvious my kid is not going to get a lot of playing time but there are a lot of good kids. I can see why people move off the tops teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's probably Larry miller!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
you just said you were missing 6 key players
never once, uh. Wow

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
was a good day for a friendly scrimmage cant we just leave it at that both teams will improve this coming season and will hopefully meet again

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
was a good day for a friendly scrimmage cant we just leave it at that both teams will improve this coming season and will hopefully meet again
yes, great idea. Someone tell Larry

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
New Rankings:
1. 91 Smash
2. Manhasset 32
3. Igloo
4. Express
5. Bandits
6. TLI

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The honest answer is I don't know how many born before December 1st, because that is an irrelevant birthdate for youth lacrosse. All I can state with certainty is that every single player on the 2022 Manhasset team is born after September 1st, which is the guideline set forth by US Lacrosse. And again, to correct your prior post, there is no "cutoff" date for when a student has to start elementary school so I'm not sure what point you're trying to prove. I can also say with certainty that the vast majority of the team is born after December 1st, perhaps there are 1 or 2 born prior to then, but nobody is born before the September 1st cutoff date prescribed by US Lacrosse.

Simple question, are there kids who are held back or actual 2021 grad year students playing 2022 in grade based (not U- XX) tournaments? I get a sense from the evasive answers that you do.

Simple answer is there are a few November "babies" who were held back in pre-k. So, for all of you bed-wetters who are going to be upset that a few Manhasset parents had the common sense to hold academically challenged kids back a year from entering kindergarten, I have only one thing to say. Get used to it.

The Manhasset community places a higher regard for academic achievement over athletics.

But, it's okay. We now know every time one of our teams beat yours, you will pull out the eligibility card. Do your homework and read a little bit. NYS cut-off is 9/1. Cry all you want, deride our town as "stepfords", etc. but in the end, we know our teams are good. We'll compete with any town, and any club.

Fire away, but please leave the town you are from so we can schedule a game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
New Rankings:
1. 91 Smash
2. Manhasset 32
3. Igloo
4. Express
5. Bandits
6. TLI

Didn't the Bandits just beat Express......

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
New Rankings:
1. 91 Smash
2. Manhasset 32
3. Igloo
4. Express
5. Bandits
6. TLI

If Manhasset is #2 LI lax is pretty weak at this age

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And it just happens that your precious "babies" are bigger, stronger and faster. Oh....I forgot, OLDER. But it is all about their academic progress. Funny how that works.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And it just happens that your precious "babies" are bigger, stronger and faster. Oh....I forgot, OLDER. But it is all about their academic progress. Funny how that works.

Include in your post what town you're from please. Stop hiding. You know where we're from. If you have a problem with US Lacrosse's cut off date/age guidelines, take it up with them, we play by the rules.

Page 22 of 55 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 54 55

Link Copied to Clipboard